• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would rather have a game based on the villain. Let me be Doom!

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nova, of course. Flight between planets, space and ground battles, cool cosmic shit, etc

Batman Beyond is my more realistic choice - I'm all down for a cyberpunk Gotham

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
7V4inSl.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Superman, and it should offset his (near) all-powerfulness by forcing you to choose between saving a kid who has wandered into the street and will be hit by a car and stopping a bomb from going off in a market across the globe and building a story around how internally crushing it would be to be aware of all the bad things happening across the world simultaneously via your super-hearing, but not being able to stop them all.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men game. Where you can play as Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, Psylocke, & Storm. Action adventure, online co-op for those who need it, wide linear.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Superman, and it should offset his (near) all-powerfulness by forcing you to choose between saving a kid who has wandered into the street and will be hit by a car and stopping a bomb from going off in a market across the globe and building a story around how internally crushing it would be to be aware of all the bad things happening across the world simultaneously via your super-hearing, but not being able to stop them all.
Really interesting idea that would never happen because it's superman and they would want it to be a mostly light hearted game.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I'm going with a choice that doesn't deserve it perse, but would make for a fun game.
912GeVSxxrL.jpg
EDIT: Spoiler tags cause the image is so large. It's the new Sideways character from DC.
I'm picturing the new Spider-man game but mixed with Portal.

El sueño

Feb 4, 2018

Portraited as a fugitive. One of the best openings ever done by the way. In 57 seconds you get the whole drama of the characters.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Superman. This would be my pitch:

Superman's whole thing is his nigh invulnerability. It's a pretty core characteristic, and changing it would make you feel less like Superman.

And it could be an interesting dynamic to play with. As Zod says in Superman 2 his weakness is "he cares - he actually cares for these people". That's what hurts him, and you could play off of that in a game.

I can imagine a Superman game where every civilian is your 'health bar'. Where them becoming injured puts your 'health' in jeopardy, and their death removes 'health'. Where you're balancing fighting threats with removing civilians from danger. Fighting foes with fighting fires. Where you grab an enemy and take them to an unpopulated area to really let loose with your powers. Being hit isn't about the damage you take, but the building you crash into. Having debris hurled at you isn't about how hard it hits, but the civilians around you.

Boss battles would basically be You vs. The Hulk from Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, be it Lobo, or Metallo, or a huge Toy-Man mech.

I can imagine that game. Flying up, looking down with 'Action Vision', and deciding how you're going to manage the threats of a city. Essentially the mechanic of rescuing survivors in Dead Rising, extended to a dynamic Metropolis. How you'll deal with the supervillain down there on the left, and the helicopter in peril on the right. You could really lean into what makes Superman unique.

Oct 25, 2017

Portraited as a fugitive. One of the best openings ever done by the way. In 57 seconds you get the whole drama of the characters.

I thought that Ultimate Destruction was genuinely good.

Really interesting idea that would never happen because it's superman and they would want it to be a mostly light hearted game.

This is absolutely true, but I genuinely don't know how to add stakes to the gameplay for a Superman game in a way that doesn't evoke "kryptonite fog" style lameness.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I cant imagine aaa game with main character able to fly through whole game or even half of it.

There would be like tens of fucked up reasons why A or B couldnt fly away from/to that situation and so on.

Star Parodier

Oct 28, 2017
Madison, WI
The Doom Patrol as an action RPG. I would make Crazy Jane the lead character, and your character build would be based around choosing a handful of her 64 personalities and power sets to focus on. The other team members would be used as secondary party members like Tales or Star Ocean.

Oct 27, 2017
I still feel like The Defenders would be pretty great team based title that wouldn't tread overly familiar ground story-wise. Using the Netflix version of the roster:

Daredevil could play close to how Spider-Man does now, alongside involved Matt Murdock led courtroom debate sequences and fights against the Kingpin/The Hand. Iron Fist could play like a Platinum character in an outright beat'em up. Jessica Jones could have in-depth investigation portions and crazy one on one fights while Luke Cage could be Hulk-esque with large crowd battles and a running concern over destroying environments. The Punisher, if playable, would play like a cover shooter. Each character should feel like they could easily have their own title, with room to do exactly that if need be.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Superman

Rocksteady is rumored to have been working on it for the past several years.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
A Thor game where you journey round the nine realms would be nice.

Like the new God of War only with less grumpy old arsehole.

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
I would really like to see another Hulk title by anyone willing to focus on environmental damage. Ultimate Destruction was a blast to play, I think the latest gen would really compliment a new Hulk title.

Other than that I think Wolverine should get the God of War treatment like in X Men Origins: Wolverine. The movie was garbage but that was one of the best X-Men related titles I ever played.

Horned Reaper

Nov 7, 2017
One Punch Man by Studio Japan. You play as all heroes besides Saitama, who just randomly appears from time to time.