bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
Vandal Hearts is a lesson in tiny perfection. Each level has some tiny twist to it (the one with the possessed villagers being a stand-out). Only 20 levels or so, but every one feels unique. God I love that game...
Echoing this sentiment, with my standout memory being the train map where you have to make an extra-aggressive push to the locomotive as each car before it is detached, causing any units on it (friend or foe) to be banished from the map for the rest of that quest.

Lanaka

May 11, 2018
Vandal Hearts is a lesson in tiny perfection. Each level has some tiny twist to it (the one with the possessed villagers being a stand-out). Only 20 levels or so, but every one feels unique. God I love that game...
I read this and had a visceral reaction to the memories of the absolute frustration of trying to get through this map without losing any villagers. I came into this thread hoping to find someone championing Vandal Hearts, and am happy to see it. Truly an excellent game in the genre.

GrahamGoring

Nov 8, 2017
I read this and had a visceral reaction to the memories of the absolute frustration of trying to get through this map without losing any villagers. I came into this thread hoping to find someone championing Vandal Hearts, and am happy to see it. Truly an excellent game in the genre.

I managed to do that, it was such a clever application of Sokoban style block-pushing in order to make the villagers go the long way around and stay out of danger.

stoff

Oct 27, 2017
Elincia's Gambit is still my favourite FE Map.

47-strategyp2c4.jpg