Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Normal-Lickitung-Family.png

you leave Lickitung alone :(

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Blastoise. Get two cool looking turtles and then one large dumb looking turtle with stupid cannons coming out of its shell.

009.png

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
There are a few that bother me, but I can't think there is a worst. Like something that should have never happened or is too different then the previous stage. Maybe one of the monkeys from gen 5?

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Arbok to Seviper. What's the point if the name is no longer the reverse of something? Just a disappointing evolution all around.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Haunter is better than Gengar
Facts. Sure some pokemon have dumb designs but when you have something as great as haunter, then you have to turn it into gengar for peak stats, it is infuriating. At least Mega Gengar was a step back in the right direction (especially shiny).

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People really lose their mind when a Pokemon doesn't stay bipedal or quadrupedal huh?

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
pokemon-sun-moon-starter-evolutions.png

I hate poplio's evolutions so much I don't even know what they're called

I know there are not wrong opinions but this is one of them. Primarina may be alright but Brionne is one of the cutest pokemon, how dare you sir. Also if we're going to be talking about bad water types why not Samurott. I loved Oshawott and Dewott but holy hell did they botch the last evolution.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
How could they take 2 cool ass designs and turn them into reject Megaman bosses?
250px-467Magmortar.png

250px-466Electivire.png

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Delphox, the weird Gen IV 'new' evolutions for old pokemon like Rhyperior and Lickylicky, and Dragonite are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
How could they take 2 cool ass designs and turn them into reject Megaman bosses?
250px-467Magmortar.png

250px-466Electivire.png

I actually don't mind Electivire, but Magmortar just doesn't look right to me.

That being said it is very clearly a Magmar evolution, so design-wise it's a success in that way. I think it's just the face that weirds me out. The big belly at the bottom looks a little off with the static fur, but that might look better in animation, I can't recall.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a joke...plz say yes

Nope, it's true,

Diamond and Pearl Pokédex entry:

"It puts rocks in holes in its palms and uses its muscles to shoot them. GEODUDE are shot at rare times."

Heartgold and SoulSilver Pokédex entry:

"From holes in its palms, it fires out GEODUDE. Its carapace can withstand volcanic eruptions."

People only hate Primarina because it's feminine, prove me wrong

I mean you aren't wrong. For some reason people have major hang up that a Pokémon that has a high ratio of being male looking feminine.

This thread makes me feel old, I don't know 90% of these pokemon...

I know every Pokémon name, type, the generation they debuted in and their Pokédex entry. And all I had to do was forget that Tuesday existed.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Oil, leave Electivire alone!

My pick is Remoraid to Octillary. Shit makes no sense. A blue remora transforming into an ugly red octopus.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
crabbawler is awesome it's evolution well what is just awful

Wait, I thought these were just two separate things the poster didn't like. Are you telling me that second thing is an evolution of that first one? That first one I like a lot, especially since I tend to hate most pokemon designs. But the fuck is that second one, and it's an evolution? no... no no no...

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
I think Mime Jr. is the best pre-evolution, so does that make it evolving into Mr. Mime the worst evolution? Cause Mime Jr. is top tier cute while Mr. Mime...is uh...you know...
439.png

122.png

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Quilladin/Chestnaught is unrivaled as the absolute worst because Chespin is actually a really cool starter. Tepig comes close too. Honorable mention to Zygarde complete form - while not exactly an evolution, it is certainly one of the all time worst designs compared to its other pretty cool forms and I feel like it's sort of an evolutiony form so here you go:
718_Zygarde%20Complete%20Forme.png

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
All Pokemon have their own fans and are beautiful in their own way.

But electrode is literally Voltorb reversed. There is nothing to that design

Jan 3, 2019
Quilladin/Chestnaught is unrivaled as the absolute worst because Chespin is actually a really cool starter. Tepig comes close too. Honorable mention to Zygarde complete form - while not exactly an evolution, it is certainly one of the all time worst designs compared to its other pretty cool forms and I feel like it's sort of an evolutiony form so here you go:
718_Zygarde%20Complete%20Forme.png
That's a cool Bionicle

Nov 15, 2017
I hate the entire Fennekin line (my least favorite Pokémon) because of its evolutions, so I'd probably say Fennekin. Honorable mention to Incineroar.
This opinion coupled with a Gen 2 poke as your avatar. I think we may be long lost siblings 😆

Final evos for Fennekin and Litten are some of the biggest disappointments in recent memory.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I know there are not wrong opinions but this is one of them. Primarina may be alright but Brionne is one of the cutest pokemon, how dare you sir. Also if we're going to be talking about bad water types why not Samurott. I loved Oshawott and Dewott but holy hell did they botch the last evolution.
that one too! such a missed opportunity

poplio is the last jedi of pokemon

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Lots of gen 1. Poliwhirl to Poliwrath seems like a bad joke, it's the same but angry.

Seel to Dewgong is very boring. Voltorb to Electrode.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
People only hate Primarina because it's feminine, prove me wrong
That's why I hate it
If they're going to make specific feminine or masculine pokemon they might as well make both forms... How cool would it be if there was your starter...
and then it could go down 2 lines of evolution? depending on what you do or how you train or items it has or whatever. Then you have the best of both worlds

I still think the design is kind of dumb looking regardless

Last edited:

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have a big affinity for the gen 4 evos as someone who started with Crystal. There are some stinkers, but I like the majority of them.

I echo the sentiment about the bunny mons and Chesnaught. Chesnaught especially looks awful.

Nov 17, 2017
250px-467Magmortar.png
I'm sorry but Magmar has a fucking butt on his head. He was an asscheek-forehead-having love child of a Charmander and a Psyduck.

magmar.jpg

Magmotar's got a cool ass arm cannon and I won't sit idly by while you slander his good name.

On a side note, Electrivire is a cool ass lightning yeti and I think he's way cooler than Electabuzz.

I don't exactly get what's wrong with Lickilicky? Same thing with Tangrowth. Their preevos are goofy and they evolve into goofy things. They feel pretty much in line with what came before but honestly have more personality than their Kanto proevolutions. People seem to hate on the Gen 4 cross gen evolutions and I don't really understand why.