• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
My main PC is over a decade old and still hangs with the best of em. Been running overclocked at 4GHz for 10 years and it hasn't missed a beat. Still see no reason to upgrade.

My main TV is a Samsung F8500, the last best plasma made. Though I may be upgrading to an LG E8 soon.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
The green and brown Zune is still one of my favorite tech products. I should get one framed. Nothing else like it.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
The wife uses her iPod classic 5th gen 60gb... Circa 2005 for music in her car..

It's 14 years old now lol and still works fine.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ipod Classic 30gb. Also Had one ipod classic 160gb that I had stolen out of my car.

I would still buy ipod classics if they'd made them but I guess ipods are a relic of the past for Apple.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Vita for sure even though I have a switch, I like carrying around my vita more.

I still like having my BluRay/dvd drive in my computers. I'm going to be building a new comp this year hopefully, and i will be sticking in the drive into that

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Just remembered my 10 yo Pc still has an HD-DVD/Blu-ray combo player in it. Can't find HD-DVDs easily anymore but for a while was getting tons of movies for $1 a piece to rip to a HDD.

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017
Still use a 160 gb iPod Classic and I have an extra one in case something ever happens to my main one. Never letting go of that thing, I like having a ton of choices in music on the go and I can't abide using my phone as a music player.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
My old Sansa Clip Plus
I think I may have finally found a replacement though. Remains to be seen.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Posted in the Texas Instruments thread but I think this belongs here as well lol.

My trusty TI-82 is still going strong lol. It still comes in useful for work occasionally. My grandparents got this as a present for me when I was at school about 25 years ago. Don't know how much it cost but it can't have been cheap and certainly would have been a lot for them so I could never throw it out.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Uhhh... My Super Famicom, my Sega Saturn, my PS2, my PSX (until the HDD dies), my Laserdisc Player...

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
My Lenco L331, which I hope counts despite being mostly mechanical. I do wanna get a Dual at some point in my life, but this thing has done a great job at playing records.

Oct 27, 2017
I actively used my Zune 80 up until I accidentally sent it through the washing machine last week, ;___;

I've ordered a replacement, but I also want to get my original one working. I've performed Zune necromancy before, I think I can pull it off again.

Silence

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Great OP. I'm an Apple guy, so I never had a Zune. I do remember Microsoft getting a lot of flak about the brown Zune, I still think it looks great! I wonder what one would cost now...

Oldest thing I'm still using is probably my car stereo. It's a 2003 Subaru with a tape deck and CD changer. The reason I keep it, is it also has a weather radio (good luck finding that in a new system!). I also have a cassette to 3.5 adapter that goes into a bluetooth adapter. I get the best of new and old, it works great!

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Whew, lots of things.

• iPhone 4s is my current phone
  • HP EliteBook 8440p is my current laptop
  • I drive a 1998 Ford Explorer
  • I carry a Panasonic Microcassette Recorder everywhere I go (Baby Driver made this cool but people think I do it because of the movie now)
  • I still get the newspaper every day.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I still use a lot of older stuff occasionally such as retro video game systems and other electronics. I generally don't like replacing things unless they're broken or I actually need to upgrade.

My main laptop is a 5 year old Thinkpad X250. Also my desktop is using a case from 2004, and also has a few of the original case fans.

If cars count, I daily drive a 1986 Volvo 240 that has around 413k miles(660k km) on it. I'll never get rid of it.

Posted in the Texas Instruments thread but I think this belongs here as well lol.

Nice. I like the TI-82, but its a model you never see anyone else use. I ended up buying one off Ebay as a back up calculator to keep in my backpack. Sadly it only lasted 5 months before it died.

My TI-83 plus that I bought used in 2001 is still going strong though.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
My 80GB Zune. I lost the cable for it but managed to find someone selling original OEM cables on Amazon. I bought 2 to have a spare. They even came with the translucent pink end caps.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
My 80GB Zune. I lost the cable for it but managed to find someone selling original OEM cables on Amazon. I bought 2 to have a spare. They even came with the translucent pink end caps.

Mine also has a bunch of Mayhem albums on it, OP. lol

(oops; hit reply instead of edit. my bad)

Sharofan

Aug 21, 2018
My Cowon J3 music player. I owned it since grade school and I'm not changing it anytime soon. I've only had to replace the charging cable as it was a little bent, but it's been flawless ever since and every music file I've thrown at it works. I love the fact you can change songs using the physical buttons which is something modern phones all lack.

I still have my PS3 hooked up for the occasional The Last of Us multiplayer session. I've heard good things about the PS4 version being 60fps and with better graphics, but I'm not paying $250 for the console on top of a yearly subscription just for one game.