Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
There's plenty of animation I enjoy.

However, I too have never watched Avatar: TLA 🤷‍♂️ . Only caught parts in passing.

I have zero interest in it at all. My 12 year old loves it though. She's working her way through it now.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I spent last month watching the entirety of Avatar: The Last Airbender for the first time. It's fantastic and I highly recommend it.

May 10, 2018
Star Wars & Game of Thrones are the major ones for me.

Gave Star Wars a chance with Force Awakens and Rogue One.

Only saw the first episode of GOT.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Mandalorian
Game of Thrones
Basically any anime that isn't from before 2000's that isn't a Gundam, aside from a very small few.
1st party AAA games like God of War, Last of Us, etc.
Most netflix shows.
Music that isn't korean at this point lol.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I haven't seen any major horror film franchises other than Evil Dead.

so no Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Saw, Exorcist, Friday the 13th etc

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Do dating apps count lol

Oh this is media.

I can't get into turn based rpg besides Pokemon and Paper Mario. Or I do but I hate grinding to the end of the story and never commit to finishing the story.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Game Of Thrones
Breaking Bad

Well, I watched some of Breaking Bad, but not the whole series, and not in any consistent order to know wtf is happening.

Jul 4, 2018
MCU movies. I do not care for it.
5826-D754-EA3-F-4806-83-D0-AC0069-B4-DBC5.jpg

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
A lot of older films. At a certain point, I don't need to see Titanic because I know all the big scenes. Plus I know how most of these movies go between the pop culture references and people spoiling them to you as a kid.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I generally have a very limited amount of experience with TV because I just have never kept a habit of consistently watching things. It's just not been a big part of my media consumption habits.

I think Lost and Game of Thrones are the only two famed series I actually watched from start to finish in real time in my entire life. Both disappointed me in the end.

I don't think I've ever actually completed any series that's long been finished all the way through. I've gotten 5 seasons into Parks & Rec, I finished the first season of Twin Peaks and got halfway into the 2nd. Those are probably the two that I've gotten furthest into.

I've seen seasons 1 and 2 of both Daredevil and Stranger Things but not season 3 of either. I've seen Parts 1-4 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and have only gotten 4 episodes into Part 5.

Of the ones that I've not seen, I do want to go back and see all of or finish:

- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Twin Peaks
- Parks & Rec
- Breaking Bad (and it's various spinoffs/follow-up series)
- Daredevil (Netflix)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra
- Community
- Star Trek: The Next Generation

... and that's about all I currently have interest in seeing all the way through.

Jul 4, 2018
Also to answer the question a bunch of TV shows, most of the CW DC shows I haven't watched (I watched the first season of Arrow I think.) Haven't watched the Watchman TV show. Haven't watched most of the popular reality tv shows like The Bachelor, Love Island etc.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
All the Marvel movies. I think I saw Spiderman in 2002 and X-Men 2 around that time though.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Basically all the American tv dramas newer than Mad Men.

Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Twin Peaks: The Return, Mandalorian, The Americans, Stranger Things, Watchmen, The Handmaid's Tale, The Walking Dead...

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
HBO shows in general
Never watched sopranoes, the wire etc

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
A bunch of animes because i don't have the time or the will to.

And probably most things "pop" music related in the last 15/20 years. I know artists exist, might have vaguely heard some of their work, but i never payed any attention to them. Like Kanye West. I only know his song "Power" thanks to Saint's Row 3. Other than that, i just know him for his stupidity, his buddy Trump and his wife.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
HBO shows in general
Never watched sopranoes, the wire etc
SHHHHH!!!! Even I know better than to say I didn't watch The Wire! People will crawl out of shadows to proselytize its glory right up in your face until you relent and agree that it's the greatest TV show ever, even when you've not seen any of it.

For me? Hmmm.... Community. Didn't watch a single stitch of it. Maybe I will get around to it, maybe I won't.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
SHHHHH!!!! Even I know better than to say I didn't watch The Wire! People will crawl out of shadows to proselytize its glory right up in your face until you relent and agree that it's the greatest TV show ever, even when you've not seen any of it.

For me? Hmmm.... Community. Didn't watch a single stitch of it. Maybe I will get around to it, maybe I won't.

bing bong sing along - your team's al gore 'cause your views are wrong

as for me, i never watched the wire or the sopranos either. and if we talk about anime, then most of the the really popular stuff like jojo, one piece, naruto, bleach, hunter x hunter, and my hero academia.

oh and lost. it was on when i was watching network television. i just never tuned in.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
The office (American).

I have yet to see a full episode. I just know the show off memes and clips on YouTube.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never seen a full episode of Friends or How I Met Your Mother.
I've never seen a single second of either version of The Office or Parks And Rec.
EDIT: No Breaking Bad, either. I've had a strict no-new-Star Wars policy since 2016, so no Mandalorian, The Last Jedi, Solo, Rise Of Skywalker, Rebels, etc.
EDIT: No episodes of Lost or Dexter, either.
EDIT: I saw half an episode of Spongebob and I reaaaaaally hated it.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Game of Thrones. Only watched a single episode, I believe the 1st one.

It seems like I made the right choice considering the furor about its ending and the fact that the series lose relevancy so fast in the social sphere even when it ended merely a year ago.

Oct 27, 2017
TV shows? I've seen just about everything mentioned ITT to some extent. Some more than others. Growing up I saw a bunch of random episodes of Avatar and DBZ and The Simpsons and other animated shows on cable TV like Spongebob, but I never committed to sitting down and watching them in their entirety from start to finish. When it comes to animated shows I usually get through a couple episodes, or even a season, but I don't feel compelled to binge-watch the whole thing unless it's as good as Death Note or something of that quality.

I guess this is why I loved Breaking Bad so much, it's perfect. I streamed every season on Netflix about 4 times now. Sure, when it came out my friends would remind me of the episode releases casually, but I just couldn't commit myself to actually tuning when it aired. Same thing with Game of Thrones. I didn't even watch the last season when it was a world-wide phenomenon. I waited until the dust settled. I'd say I'm usually a couple years late to most TV shows/series, if not way longer. Like, I didn't binge-watch LOST until it ended around 2010, or Dexter when it ended around 2013, and they were both a major thing for about a decade prior lol.

Movies? I guess I'm not a big animated fan aside from classic Disney and Pixar. I've always liked more serious live action, drama, horror stuff. I find it strange that so many people way older than me (born in the mid90s) are STILL not familiar with classics like The Godfather or Scarface or Goodfellas or other "good movies" like Pulp Fiction or Shawshank or even OG Jurassic Park. I've seen just about everything popular and cult like.

Music? I'd say I'm very well versed when it comes to both popular hits from the 80's, 90's, 2000's, and even 2010's, as well as having knowledge of very obscure, unknown hiphop/electronic artists and rock/metal bands from all eras. I don't keep up with j-pop or whatever, and I don't think I'll ever actually listen to Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber or any of those "teen" stars. That being said, I could listen to Alice In Chains Unplugged for the rest of my life and nothing else and I'd be totally content, so I definitely have my old-head bias.

Videogames? I haven't played many Nintendo games TBH (Zelda, etc)

Last edited:

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Never seen either Avatar, no major Disney movies aside from Mahvel and Star Wars (the main ones) from the 5 years, or most popular movies that came out before the 80s (aside from a few like 2001). Never seen Borat. Never played GTA5, any Ass Creeds after 2, Destiny, CoDs after MW2, Battlefields after 2, MGS5, Witchers, Mass Effects, Dragon Ages, Batman Arkhams, LoL, DOTA2, Apex Legends, WoW (aside from an hour or two on my brother's account) or any MMOs. Never seen any TV show from the last 15 years aside from a handful of lesser known anime, Soul Eater, Boruto, Rick & Morty, Venture Bros, Gravity Falls, Batman BatB, Young Justice, Avengers: EMH, Steven Universe, Family Guy (pre-2010), the first 4 seasons of The Flash, 8 eps of Daredevil, ep 1 of Jessica Jones, a couple episodes of Silicon Valley, the first two episodes of Twin Peaks S3, and a few involuntary eps of Dexter, HIMYM and Always Sunny bc of friends. No sporting events aside from a couple soccer matches I'd seen as a kid w/ my family. Very few mainstream artists from the last 30 years and on (probably less than 10-15, aside from accidental exposure). Only popular fiction from the last 100 years I've read are HP (and only 4-7), ASoIaF, Da Vinci Code, Coraline, Kokoro, and a couple Discworld books.

Last edited:

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Harry Potter I guess? Never cared for it.
This. I've never experienced a single piece of Harry Potter media. It's nothing to do with Rowling being a bit of an idiot - I just missed the initial wave of the books, and never bothered seeing the films, and now the whole thing has passed me by.

My daughter's expressed an interest in reading the books together, so maybe I'll get my chance.

Also I've never seen an episode of The Sopranos.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
I've hardly watched any of the LOTR movies (animated or live-action), but I'm working on it. Same goes for Lexx.

itheawara

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 5, 2019
Despite it being on Netflix, despite it being memed/discussed to hell and back, and despite me having watched TLoK when it aired, I've yet to actually watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. It came at a time where I was slightly too old to be watching Nickelodeon when it aired (or not interested enough, I suppose) but too young to be 'in the know' in regards to good stuff to watch. So, despite me being in the target demographic, I never actually watched it. However, with how almost over-powering its presence in internet culture it is, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of stuff; yet, the fact that I've been spoiled-by-proxy on a lot of stuff and that I won't be viewing it from a perspective of nostalgia, means that I'm not really sure whether I'd want to sit down and watch it now. I don't know lol; if anyone else was in the same position as me and did decide to watch it then some perspective could help :)

But, yeah. What's your 'Avatar: TLA'? The massive cultural thing that you simply haven't seen, played, read, etc. Are you planning to rectify that or are you fine staying ignorant? Why did you not 'get around to it' in the first place? If you did decide to experience it long after its initial massive popularity, how did you feel looking at it from a perspective others haven't.
I've never seen Joker. Everyone was so hyped about it and I don't think it's a bad film but the extreme idolatry given to it was so overwhelming and I don't actually feel like watching it. Maybe in the future

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Probably most of western TV shows (GoT, Westworld, Breaking Bad) and modern Nintendo (Zelda, Mario, Animal Crossing).

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is Avatar TLA even considered pop culture? I consider that things like Star Wars or the MCU or Game of Thrones, not TLA. I don't know anyone that knows wtf is an Avatar:TLA, unlike a lot of other stuff.

Anyways, for me, Game of Thrones.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Can't think of anything. If there is something I haven't seen it's probably because I don't want to see it. I'm not really holding anything in reserve.

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
Big Bang Theory. When it's on at work I go right to my phone. Same goes for Two and a Half Men when that was on. No tolerenace for network comedies or dramas really, skipped stuff like 24, Lost, Person of Interest come to mind. I can't fuck with a show that has 20+ episode seasons anymore.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ok having missed out on:

-Virtually every network show which isn't The Simpsons or Lost - no BBT, no HIMYM, no 24, no Survivor, no Community, no SNL, no nothing
-Anime or manga which isn't Akira, GitS 1995, the Cowboy Bebop movie, Studio Ghibli, or Redline. No Naturo, no Dragon Ball anything, no AoT, etc. Honestly it all looks absolutely awful, so can't say I feel especially compelled.
-Kpop/kdramas; jpop/jdramas
-The Sopranos
-The Wire
-Horror movies of any kind
-SPORTS
-Trap music, although of course music in general is so vast and varied that it would take a lot to list out what I have/have not followed
-Comics at all - as in, the actual medium of comics - outside of classic 60s+70s Marvel
-A lot of 80s action movies
-I have not played a single Pokemon game on account of them looking like babby's first RPG

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure there's a ton of stuff I never got around to watching. Off the top of my head, though, it's Avatar: TLA, Game of Thrones, all the Aliens movies after the first one (though I did watch the awful AVP movies), plus I've never played the Red Dead games or any of the BioWare games. I think I watched bits and pieces of the first five Rocky movies, but I don't think I've ever watched any of them in their entirety. Also, my cousin tried getting me to watch the Harry Potter movies, but I fell asleep through most of them.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones, mainly because fantasy bores me

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Game of thrones for me, probably not watching after the last season shenanigans.

Might read the books though.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Godfather films, no interest. I think films/shows around those topics are highly overrated in general. The Sopranos being the exception perhaps, which was very good, but even that I didn't finish, and it isn't as good as The Wire. There's a lot of big TV shows I haven't seen.

Pokemon anything past Silver and Gold, or anything Nintendo for the most part.

Pop music.