• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
My father was in the military so I always grew up around aircraft. Later in life I pretty much got my fill of flying because of my job. So I'm good now.

SpiritSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Wanted to be a pilot ever since I was a kid. Parents bought bought me games like Ace Combat and I was hooked ever since. Fast forward to now and I find myself waking up to go fly military aircraft. This pilot thing is pretty neat.

Nov 8, 2017
Closest I ever got was having a go at a full Boeing 737 simulator several years ago.

Watching a lot of episodes of Mayday/Air Crash Investigation is what got me interested.

El Beefo

May 9, 2018
I went to school to become a pilot. Made it to flying solo before I realized the cost made continuing unrealistic.
Are you me? Because I literally did the same. Went to through the University of North Dakota's pilot program for a year before the cost plus the realization that I'd have to spend 4+ more years in ND made me change my mind.

Anyway to answer the question:
Ac04box.jpg

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I never did. I also suck(ed) ass at geometry. My geometry teacher WAS a pilot though, and often brought his sim rig into class, which I thought was cool.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
-The image of pilots.
-Getting around the world.
-Flying, always fascinated humans.
-Money.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Since I started playing Flight Sims as a kid in the 90s. However I've never wanted to go beyond simulations, because you can crash and not die. Never had an interest in making it real, though I strive to make the fake version seem as real as I can.

Oct 28, 2017
Not even once.

I hate being on a plane, everything is so cramped and tight and you can do nothing but sit still for hours
That's like the opposite of being "free as a bird"
Y'all were lied to. Maybe chemtrails are real and they're actually brainwashing people into believing flying is cool?

Also I'm afraid of heights and would probably just panic up there in the pilot seat

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still want to. Cost for flight school for the basic non-commercial airline isn't that bad. Rental fees are a little rough though. Hope i can accomplish it someday.

I grew up playing Ace Combat 04.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
That was my dream thanks to Novalogic's flight sims. I didn't follow through because I was afraid of crashing my plane in real life.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I can't say I ever wanted to be a pilot. Archeologist or paleontologist, doctor, architect... sure. I don't remember ever wanting to fly planes though. I do think jets are cool as fuck, I love being around them, and I'd love to take a ride in one but I don't need to fly it myself.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
When I was like 8 I secretly watched Final Destination with my mom and dad and it traumatized me so I never once wanted to be a pilot. I was afraid to fly in general until I think 2014 when I flew for the first time.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
when i was a kid i wanted to be a jet fighter pilot but not a regular pilot. some of my favorite toys as a kid were jet fighter planes.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Top Gun, Robotech, and Ace Combat. lol
Wanted to be a fighter pilot until around middle school when my eyesight went to shit.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Playing Microsoft Flight Simulator X on my late uncles PC back in 08. I lost interest a few years later.

Debanius

Oct 27, 2017
After 32 years of wanting to become a pilot, I was supposed to start my airline pilot training on June 15th. Then corona hit... It is still my dream job so I hope the industry will bounce back soon.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
My grandfather flew Spitfires for a Norwegian RAF squadron in WWII, so the mystique of the fighter pilot really appealed to me.

On the other hand, the F-22 and F-35 programs were the two biggest wastes of money in modern American history, so I have complicated feelings about the whole idea.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never wanted to be one. I've been constantly flip flopping between going to school for game design or architecture/urban planning. Still not sure which to choose.