• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Offense or defense? What good boy are you getting?

• Sword

Votes: 419 42.5%
  • Shield

Votes: 449 45.5%
  • I'm rich lol, buying both

Votes: 64 6.5%
  • I'm poor lol, still buying both though

Votes: 54 5.5%

• Total voters

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
ea7ec7f119b71b924a36b0dd614c2e5a.jpg

Never seen a human choose shield over sword before.

With the information we currently have, which puppy would you rather get?

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who prefer a defensive team in my Pokemon Games (Fuck you Gamephreak for nerfing Whimsicott), I expect to like more the selection of Pokemon catcable in Shield.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly thought the Shield legendary would look way worse, but tbh I much prefer it. It's basically a wolf with a lion mane, that's rad

the real question is when we'll get Rod

DSwpVDT.png

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It makes sense to be getting the more rare side, that way my exclusives are easier to trade for the ones I want who are more abundant.

Gotta play the long game!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I usually buy the least popular version since it's easier since you have more leverage in the Pokemon trading economy.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I like Sif but I also like Shield doggo's colors more. He seems buffer too, sif is a bit too thin. I dunno SOMEBODY CHOOSE FOR ME

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I always go against the popular opinion because I hate being a lemming. /s

(Only half joking. I'm seriously getting shield)

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
neither alleged good boy is doing it for me so i'm waiting on the other version exclusives to make a choice

honestly either legendary is getting boxed immediately

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I need to see the exclusive Pokemon in each version first, but now I want Sword.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
How do these two different versions of Pokemon work exactly?

Do they still do the thing where each version has exclusive pokemon that you can only get by trading with other players? Are the legendaries exclusive to their version? Anything beyond that?

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
All of my adult friends are getting Sword. Somebody's gotta take the hit and go Shields, might as well be me.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England

Do they still do the thing where each version has exclusive pokemon that you can only get by trading with other players? Are the legendaries exclusive to their version? Anything beyond that?

That's pretty much it. Some entries have toyed with a few other differences (White has a forest area while Black has a city in the same spot) but for the most part, those are the key differences.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

It's still exclusive Pokémon & the box legendary, but last time around Sun and Moon had a day/night cycle that was offset by 12 hours. So if you were playing Moon at 3pm, it would be 3am in-game.

Black/White also had one city that was exclusive in each. There are also typically smaller things (like in-game trades offering different 'mon)

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
A majestic mane, worthy of a king, protecting all those who follow him or a rogue holding a sword improperly and inefficiently and clumsily flings it around? What a tough decision.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
If there's one thing sports have taught me, it's that defense wins championships.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Shields as a primary weapon is some garbage, one of the many reasons Captain America sucks.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I've always gone for the least popular version as it pretty much guarantees me some easy regional trading with my friends when they all pick the same other version

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'll get whichever one my s/o doesn't pick. Don't really care which legendary I get tbh.

OP
OP
ResetGreyWolf

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
18f104f4518b67677016d2771d050831.png

wait how did this happen

sword had twice as many votes as shield just a minute ago

what kind of conspiracy is this, my campaigning for swords is going down the drain