KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Appreciate the simplicity of the para beetle:
1200px-NSLU_5-Beetle_Luigi.jpg

DMW-ParaBeetle.png

Dec 25, 2018
Definitely Shy Guys, would be neat to see some of the versions from Yoshis Island like the ghost guys, fly guys and stilt guys show up in a new main Mario game.
104ce5a0fabb92493fce1395319264aec9aaa308_00.jpg

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Green > Red, but the jolly nature of Red Paratroopa in Double Dash made them one of my favorites.

Oct 27, 2017
So which ones are your favorites?

For some reason, I've always been fond of Shy Guys.
bab7d2f866efa8d019f2d715759f8a65dbf6a211v2_00.jpg

Just something about these tiny, bashful baddies stuck with me. It's like if Nintendo did Jawas .Considering they originated in Super Mario World 2, which wasn't technically a Mario game at first, apparently Nintendo agreed since they were integrated into the Mario franchise properly soon after.
+1 for Shy Guys; it bums me out that they've very rarely been used in mainline 3D Mario games.
Mario 3D World has these huge ants that are too dang cute.
Ant_Trooper_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png
Love these guys too!

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Blooper
Goomba
Ninji
Shyguy
Monty Mole

(And Bob-omb, and Boo, and Spike, and...)

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It's Shyguy, always and forever, the sheer amount of roles they fill, the extra layers of personality given to them despite a fixed expression mask (unless its strikers charged), the best.

But as that's the obvious answer I want to highlight my fave B tier enemy, Dino Rhino

main.jpg

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Red flying koppas. They are ordered, drop useful stuff, and aren't annoying in any scenario. Hell, they can even be used to start fire.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shy Guy. Yoshi's Island cemented it as my favorite Mario enemy. They have so much personality!

tumblr_lc43fhzsfm1qztam9o1_400.gif

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Bob-ombs are so cute, and I've always had a soft spot for Bombette and Bobbery from the Paper Mario games. Haven't played Origami King yet but I'm glad that game has a Bob-omb companion too.

latest

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Koopa Troopa.

One of my favorite game characters in general actually, love those guys.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Goombas get my vote, but not just any Goomba, but this exact one.

super-mario-bros-world-1-1-weve-all-seen-this-opening-far-too-many-times.original.jpg

That little guy is the first enemy a lot of people encountered, yet has killed next to nobody.

You have to wonder what short straw it drew to be in that position.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Always thought Paragoombas were underrated.

ParagoombaNSMBU.png

I always liked Koopa Paratroopas, the idea is basically "a turtle with wings" when you think of it it's stupid as hell, but for whatever reason it works.

800px-Paratroopart.png

Shy Guy is my favorite as well.

However Mouser is a close second and always stuck with me as a kid.
SMA_Mouser_Artwork.jpg

Mowser is a boss though.

Definitely Shy Guys, would be neat to see some of the versions from Yoshis Island like the ghost guys, fly guys and stilt guys show up in a new main Mario game.
104ce5a0fabb92493fce1395319264aec9aaa308_00.jpg

Fly Guys appeared in Super Mario 64.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Gotta be Koopas or Shy Guys. There are so many variants of the two that there's a little something for everybody.

I'm more partial to Koopas though, because Magikoopas and Koopatrols are totally rad.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
going to be basic: goombas, seeing them in 3d for the first time was amazing and they had so much character.
also in smb3 they poop little goombas at the end of 1-2
like how many pixels is the micro goomba anyway??
thevo01.jpg

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Garlador I really like Shy Guys too! Goombas as secondary one. Also really like Cheep Cheeps, especially the big mama cheep cheep that can swallow you whole in Yoshi's Story.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Koopas by a country mile for me. They fulfill the basic roles that good as do and the series keeps finding unique ways to utilize their shells to solve puzzles, traverse levels and most notably: use as weapons against enemies.

I don't think Mario has more meaningful and varied mechanical interactions with any other enemy.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Seeing all these great picks got me thinking "is there any Mario enemy that probably no one likes?" And I think there is.
images

Now, Resetera has a defense force for everything so I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes out to say they were actually used well in Galaxy or some shit, but I wanna know: is there anyone who actually likes these?

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Shy Guy is the only answer for anyone who has played Yoshi's Island.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Bullet Bills are the most satisfying to jump on, but if you stack some goombas they're pretty cool too.