Which is it? (Comment below if not on the poll)

• Beetlejuice

Votes: 41 25.0%
  • Pee Wee's Big Adventure

Votes: 17 10.4%
  • Batman

Votes: 17 10.4%
  • Batman Returns

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Edward Scissorhands

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas

Votes: 33 20.1%
  • Ed Wood

Votes: 25 15.2%

• Total voters

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Almost any of his films pre-2000 are a great pick. Hard to pick one. Post-2000...his record is super spotty (I do like Big Fish a lot though).

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Big Fish by far.

I like a lot of his other stuff (and didn't he only produce Nightmare Before Christmas?) but Big Fish is the only movie of his that really worked for me on an emotional level as I have a very similar relationship to my dad.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Pee Wee's Big Adventure is a great film that doesn't delve into madness too far.

Second up is Ed Wood.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Poor Henry Selick.

Henry Selick is to The Nightmare Before Christmas as Tobe Hooper is to Poltergeist.

But TNBC still undeniably has Burton all over it.

That aside- I love Burton Batman flicks, but Scissorhands is Burton's strongest film, IMO.
Honorable Mention to Sleepy Hollow, which was the last movie of his I actually liked.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I don't have a favorite movie because it changes so often by the day.

But I'm pretty sure I've watched Ed Wood at least 30 times, at least.

Sidebar, that new Batman looks hella Burton in theme.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Now that i see that list i have come to the conclusion that i don't like his movies that much.
Probably Big Fish.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Batman.

It was watching Batman in cinemas when i was 6 years old that activated my love for:

Batman
Joker
Movie soundtracks
Cinema in general

So yup. Batman.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Batman returns is my favourite. I know its not the most popular choice but I loved the atmosphere and penguin's story. Cracking film. Tim Burton is great in general though, this is one of those polls that it doesnt feel like there is a wrong answer.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He has so many good ones that it's hard to choose one movie over the other. I'd put Nightmare Before Christmas on top, then Big Fish, Sweeney Todd, Batman Returns, and Mars Attacks in the rest of the top 5 of his work. Sweeney Todd is very underrated and has some impressive performances. I actually prefer the movie soundtrack over the Broadway revival one.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
*Clicks on thread*
*No Big Fish option*
83b82d61a16f5129b13a4019669253f2.gif

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Mars Attacks!, Sleepy Hollow and Big Fish missing from the poll. All three have been guilty pleasures of mine.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Nightmare before Christmas followed by beetlejuice and batman movies.

I just love nightmare before Christmas

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
It's hard to pick. I realize that out of every Burton film I've seen of his (Which is everything he's directed aside from Corpse Bride, Frankenweenie, Big Eyes, Miss Peregrine and Dumbo) I've enjoyed every one except Sweeny Todd which is the only film by anyone that I can remember feeling sick after it ended. Maybe I'd need to watch it again but eh...

But my top 5 I guess in no particular order:
Pee Wee
Beetlejuice
Batman
Edward Scissorhands
Mars Attacks!

I really don't know how to pick a number 1 though. But it'd probably be either Pee Wee, Beetlejuice or Mars Attacks!

I do like Big Fish but have not watched it in a long time. I also haven't really seen Batman Returns enough.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Nightmare before Christmas isn't directed by Tim Burton? Either way, it is beetle juice

Oct 27, 2017
It's Pee Wee's Big Adventure and I don't think it's even that close.

Burton had a pretty long run of imaginative movies but I'm not entirely sure he grew or peaked. Maybe Edward Scissorhands / Ed Wood / Batman Returns. But I think you could also argue he very generally declined from beginning to end, although he had a real good initial run.

Oct 27, 2017
Out of the options, it goes to Nightmare Before Christmas. Today it's such a tentpole of pop culture that there has, somewhat understandably, gotten some countercultural backlash, but it's a supremely well crafted movie. And the influence it has had is enormous, almost Star Wars levels enormous.

If it was an option, Big Fish would be a strong contender.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
p4p, Batman, Pee Wee, Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish and Beetlejuice are better, but I really liked Sleepy Hollow.

He didn't direct Nightmare Before Christmas so I don't count it.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
The Nightmare Before Christmas followed closely by Beetlejuice. Then maybe Edward Scissorhands. Mars Attacks! is great too and I actually really enjoyed Sweeney Todd.

Didn't realize that he didn't direct Nightmare, lol.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nightmare Before Christmas wasn't directed by him!

It's my favorite of the movies listed so I'll vote for him but the real answer is Batman Returns

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Out of the ones I've seen it's Nightmare Before Christmas, but I also really love Sweeney Todd.

I have to add that I have not seen Beetlejuice yet (for some reason) and I plan to fix that VERY soon.

edit: what the hell I had no idea Burton didn't direct Nightmare! Well... guess it's Sweeney Todd then.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Beetlejuice or Edward Scissorhands.

I'm a massive fan of Pee Wee's Big Adventure but it's already hard to narrow this down to 2 let alone 1.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
+1 on the "Sweeney Todd is underrated" train. I really like that one.

Other than that, probably Beetlejuice.