Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
The perfect strategy game (Into the Breach) is already on Switch, but I'd happily take a Fire Emblem for the big screen. Don't think I'd be re-buying any Paradox GSGs for Switch even if they do manage to figure out the UI.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem Conquest with a good story.

Three Houses doesn't look as well designed, but it may be too early to tell.

OP
OP

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you're using a Celeron I find that hard to believe, sorry. Way too many evidence of the contrary.
I think that civ takes more of the GPU than CPU, but thats just a guess

Civ on switch doesnt run that bad on larger maps, you only have to play it zoomed and is fine haha

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
A proper sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics on Switch (or another portable console) is one of my gaming holy grails.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
some game that comes with a touch pen, because using capacitive screens for gaming feels awlful.

Johnnybarra

Nov 1, 2018
We got Mario + Rabbids and I had a great time with that.

So let's get Mario + Rabbids + Minions.

Or, you know, Mario + Rabbids 2.
Whichever comes first.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Luminous Arc will always have a spot in my heart but I know it will never see the light of day again. With that said, I hope Fire Emblem ends up being good.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Advance Wars but 2019 is already perfect with Fire Emblem, I'll patiently wait 2/3 years for Advance Wars

Oct 25, 2017
Wargroove is my most anticipated title for 2019, but I'm not convinced it will replace my love for Advanced Wars. I like the air, land and sea units in AW and although I know Wargroove has similar type units, I haven't bought into the fantasy setting. However, doesn't feel like we'll ever get a true successor to AW, so I'm hoping to be blown away by Wargroove.

I'm looking forward to Fire Emblem as well and would love a Square Enix tactic game if they ever decide to go there again.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Valkyria 4 is pretty much it already.

But since that exists, I'll say a brand new Shining Force. Advance Wars would be neat, too.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Any Paradox grand strategy game. It would be interesting to see CK3 be released on Switch and Ipads but not be dumbed down in any way.
Yes, this. I think it would work fine with the touch screen but maybe not so well with a controller.
Also open transport tycoon (with special switch controls) :)

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock could be fun. It's similar to the X-Wing miniatures game (so it's turn based, but your turns happen at the same time) but with an XCOM-style strategic layer.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SI_GBA_AdvanceWars_image1600w.jpg

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I would kill for a new Final Fantasy Tactics that's closer to the original. I'd prefer if it wasn't exclusive, though.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In terms of pure strategy, I'd love a (good) sequel or spiritual successor to the Japan-only Wii game Takt of Magic

Very unique concept where you draw patterns with your remote to execute over 100 different spells.

When we're talking strategy RPGs though, Devil Survivor 3, new Tactics Ogre or Final Fantasy Tactics A3, in that order.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
It's shocking that Square Enix hasn't tried to do a new FF Tactics since the DS, considering it would probably be a less expensive project to produce and the sheer amount of critical and fan goodwill it would probably generate. They could even use the Octopath Traveler engine, I'm sure it would look amazing.

I'd also take a port of the previous games in the series. A port of the PSP version of Tactics Ogre would be great too.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
We had Into the Breach last year too, that was awesome. Plus Tiny Metal, Mercenaries Wings, VC4 and the Banner Saga trilogy.

Fire Emblem and Wargroove are the ones I'm looking forward to the most, but sure, I'd take Xcom or Total War too.

There's also a port of Warhammer 40k: Deathwatch coming too.

Actually, speaking of Xcom/Gollup, I wouldn't mind a sequel to Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. That was a great little squad-based sci-fi tactics game.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just got it (or at least a wonderful little gem that will tide me over until Three Houses):
42907ded32893ac131ec96bd98867a318465a6a9aa8824e92065f1437dfc0def_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

A Pokemon sRPG but good unlike Conquest.
Conquest was good though.
Fire Emblem Conquest with a good story.

Three Houses doesn't look as well designed, but it may be too early to tell.
We have literally less than a minute of gameplay. I don't even know how one could make such a judgement unless they're talking about the visual design.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a portable Europa Universalis or Crusader Kings.

... Give me Ogre Battle, please

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
A remake of Fire Emblem Path of Radiance would be my dream strategy game for Switch. In the meantime, I'm hoping Three Houses can reach the same heights as that game :)

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
A remake of Fire Emblem Path of Radiance would be my dream strategy game for Switch. In the meantime, I'm hoping Three Houses can reach the same heights as that game :)
I really hope they do a PoR/RD collection for Switch under the 'FE Echoes' brand, that would be awesome :)

pedanticmikey

Dec 19, 2018
Paradox.

Would also force them to do better on UI finally!

I'd take a 2/3 light version of EUIV if that's what it'd take.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Any Paradox grand strategy game. It would be interesting to see CK3 be released on Switch and Ipads but not be dumbed down in any way.
Yeah, this is the same for me.

In order of preference, though:
CK 2
Imperator: Rome
EU 4
Stellaris
Hoi 4
Victoria 2 (lol)

Honourable (non Paradox) mentions in no order:
XCom 1&2
Alpha Centauri
Invisible, Inc.
Xenonauts 1&2
The Sims 4 (yes it is, shut up!)
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock
Battle Brothers
Age of Wonders 3
Shadow Tactics
Sengoku Jidai
Any Total War (preferably Shōgun 2, Total Warhammer or Three Kingdoms)

Last edited: