• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Autumn/Winter seasonal flavor?

• Gingerbread

Votes: 85 26.4%
  • Peppermint / Peppermint Mocha

Votes: 70 21.7%
  • Eggnog

Votes: 44 13.7%
  • Pumpkin Spice

Votes: 37 11.5%
  • Cinnamon

Votes: 51 15.8%
  • White Chocolate

Votes: 27 8.4%
  • Chestnut

Votes: 8 2.5%

• Total voters

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Normally I go pretty crazy this time of year with gingerbread sweets, but I've gone all in on peppermint lately. Where are yall at this year? What are you ordering in your lattes, what candy variant are you grabbing the most of?

Jun 10, 2018
Gingerbread and it's not even close.

Halo Top has a seasonal Gingerbread House pint that I would probably fight someone over if it's the last one on the shelf. It is THAT good

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Pumpkin Spice is fall / autumn / thanksgiving timeline. Like I'd say Oct 1 - Nov 28.

At which point Gingerbread or Peppermint takes over for the month of Dec up until, let's say, January 1.

And then it's just the misery index from Jan to like March.

I voted gingerbread in the poll. I don't really like mint flavored things, save for mint cookies or mint choco chip ice cream. But, like I don't like peppermint flavored coffee drinks. Of those things, I fucking *love* eggnog, but eggnog "flavored" drinks are never close to tasting like eggnog. The eggnog lattes or eggnog flavored coffee drinks, I dunno, taste nothing like eggnog and I fucken love Hood's Golden Eggnog.

I like gingerbread lattes and love gingerbread cookies.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I don't really think of white chocolate as a seasonal flavor, but I still voted for it. Otherwise peppermint.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
SeXk.gif

1 part egg nog, two parts coffee

Last edited:

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Eggnog.

The best parts of pumpkin spice mixed with a rich, eggy goodness. There are some fantastic egg nog ice creams out there and it goes well with coffee too (even if it's insanely rich).

Peppermint and gingerbread are fine, but peppermint seems to turn up in awful candy cane flavoured products. Whoever thought up candy cane ice cream with chunks of broken candy canes is an asshole.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I picked Eggnog because I feel like it only exists for November and December at retail.

Gingerbread and Peppermint can generally be found year-round.

Pumpkin spice and cinnamon are more of a fall flavor to me.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I could cast 2 votes.

It's Peppermint White Chocolate

Get the hell out with your Peppermint Milk/Dark Chocolate. White Choc and Peppermint are PERFECT

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Tough one. Cinnamon is damn good, but Pumpkin Spice contains cinnamon and cloves and nutmeg, and those three together are really the "Christmas flavor" in my mind.

Putzballs

Nov 5, 2017
My flavour is more of a thanksgiving or Christmas thing but I love the smell and taste of good stuffing this time of year

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I voted pumpkin spice because I like to have pumpkin pie during Christmas too. But egg nog is a close second.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
And then it's just the misery index from Jan to like March.

I feel like I've seen Butterscotch starting to pick up traction as the January flavor in recent years among Starbucks and other coffee shops.

Feb tends to have some chocolate/cherry to tie in with Valentines and maybe Irish Cream or mint (not peppermint) for March, as in Shamrock Shake etc?

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
back in my drinking days I would look forward with relish to the new sierra nevada christmas ale drop. hops taste like christmas tree

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I just want to congratulate OP on creating a perfectly cascading poll.

Edit: Seconds later, cinnamon RUINED it.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Peppermint? WTF is wrong with you people. Peppermint is too abundant even outside of winter, it doesn't need any more attention.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I really dislike peppermint. I mean, I'll eat/drink something peppermint flavored, but I would rather nearly anything else.

Gingerbread, on the other hand, is fantastic.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I don't have a sweet tooth, so my answer is stuffing. It's so goddamn good and I never have it outside of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Anything that isn't fucking mint. Toothpaste isn't a seasonal flavor