Votes: 11 0.5%
  • They're both miserable, I can't choose

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • I love both!

Votes: 12 0.5%

• Total voters

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I can lay in a hammock with some iced tea in the shade on a hot day and love life. I can't go outside and lay anywhere and comfortably enjoy below freezing temperatures.

Last edited:

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I think humans are better suited for dealing with the heat. Cold weather can take us out pretty quick. It's like 100 outside right now and I'm typing this on my balcony pretty comfortably under the shade. If it was colder I wouldn't even bother going outside, because it's way less bearable.

YourFriend

Nov 15, 2017
Moved from Minnesota to Arizona specifically because the cold winters are far more brutal than hot summers. In Minnesota I stayed inside all day and night during winter. I don't like cold outdoor activities. Hated shoveling snow and salting my driveway. Freezing in my car waiting for it to heat up. Ice or snow on the roads making it tougher to drive and taking longer to get places. Phoenix summers are similar in that I stay inside all day, but I can go outside at night and not be bothered too much. I can go in the pool. Don't have to shovel sunshine. Dont have to put on infinity layers to go to get food. I can tolerate the extreme heat here much better than a polar vortex back in Minnesota.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Hot weather makes me feel lethargic and gross so that. Of course don't want to be outside for a prolonged period of time when its say 20F either.

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to sleep when it's sticky-hot at night is awful.

Trying to sleep during the day when you work nights and its sticky-hot super fucking awful.

easy poll choice imo.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Both are pretty terrible but extreme hot weather is still manageable especially if you're under some kind of shade. Sure it's going to be chokingly hot, but extreme cold is much worse. I remember during school days it would get really cold and no matter how I dressed up I'd feel really terrible. Nose began to water, I'd get constant goosebumps, couldn't stop shaking, it just got right down to my nerves. Cool weather also affects classrooms and the chairs you sit on thanks to cool air being denser than hot air.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
The whole layer up thing is dumb. When talking extremes it isn't so simple as putting on a sweater and a jacket and you are fine. All the clothes you most likely own might as well be paper at -40. It doesn't matter how many layers you have at that temperature if you don't have proper clothing. Gloves even don't work. Most people haven't been in extreme cold as humans tend to avoid those places.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
If its really cold, you can sometimes just call out of work with some BS.

With hkt weather, yoy just suffer

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
The whole layer up thing is dumb. When talking extremes it isn't so simple as putting on a sweater and a jacket and you are fine. All the clothes you most likely own might as well be paper at -40. It doesn't matter how many layers you have at that temperature if you don't have proper clothing. Gloves even don't work. Most people haven't been in extreme cold as humans tend to avoid those places.
joey-chandler-clothes-today-160810-tease-02-1149886.jpg

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I think humans are better suited for dealing with the heat. Cold weather can take us out pretty quick. It's like 100 outside right now and I'm typing this on my balcony pretty comfortably under the shade. If it was colder I wouldn't even bother going outside, because it's way less bearable.

Exactly! I would have to dig in more but I would guess that hypothermia kicks in faster than something like heat stroke. Also, quick searches indicate that significantly more people die from cold weather than hot.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
As I'm sweating my ass off right now. Give me cold 365 days a year over heat.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
The cold for sure. I didn't know what I was gonna do during the Texas freeze this year. And I've been up north in the winter, and helllll nah.

I love the heat and humidity (the latter's good for your skin). I'll have my body out in as little clothing as possible in the summer sun any day.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
At least when you're cold you can blanket up and shit.

When you're hot and sweaty you need to take a fucking shower to clean off and then you're still hot afterward.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Yall are crazy, when it's 115 I can walk outside for 5 minutes without fear of it hurting or needing to put bundles on. Humans have methods to handle heat pretty well.

Also, you don't have to shovel sunshine.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Does cold have snow too? If so cold since I don't have to deal with all that nonsense

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
My first initial reaction was to choose Hot weather as being more miserable because I tend to associate cold with coziness,
However, If you look at being outside during these extremes, I'd choose an extremely hot day under some shade rather than being outside on an extremely cold day where I can't feel my face, ears, and joints, skin feels dry, and chapped, eyes are watering. It's especially worse when it gets very windy.

I'd definitely choose cold in an indoor scenario though.

Last edited:

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Hot is the worst. Least with cold you can do things about it, heat you just have to deal with it. Good luck trying to deal with it outside in 100+ degree heat, you'll feel like you're going to die.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Cold because it also snows and there is ice. I don't have to shovel or scrape heat or worry about hot roads while driving.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Humid hot weather will make it feel like its hard to breathe. Breathing in humid hot weather is awful. And the general feeling of stickiness will make you feel gross even moments after you shower.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the most egregiously wrong poll result in the history of Era (and that's saying something).

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it's weird how everyone shits on cold winters but then move the the hottest parts of the country and complain about how miserable the heat is.

At least with winter you can bundle up and do fun things outside, like skiing, ice fishing, snow mobiling, etc.

100+ degrees you literally can't survive outside lol, it's absolutely miserable. I don't care if it's a "dry heat" that shit is terrible.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can always do something against the cold. I can't do anything against the squashing heat.

JonnyTorso

Nov 2, 2017
MN
I live in Minnesota, I can deal with below zero fahrenheit temps for a few weeks. We had a heat wave of humid 90s that was unbearable.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I live in Minnesota, I can deal with below zero fahrenheit temps for a few weeks. We had a heat wave of humid 90s that was unbearable.

Meh, it was humid for like 2 days. There were like 2 days with near 100 highs that sucked, otherwise I've been good with it just going to beaches and pools. We definitely need some rain though.

Like the general lack of humidity and thus thunderstorms is actually a bad thing lol. We actually have fire danger up north. I don't think that's been a real concern my entire life and I'm 33.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I went to the beach yesterday (Cali) and felt like I was going to pass out from the dry heat. Hot weather is definitely way worse than cold because of dehydration. But I can't handle extreme cold either. Even in Texas it doesn't snow and is generally humid, you need fan/AC year round, but when it gets cold, like below 50 degrees F, you have to layer up and bundle up. Overall fall/winter is the best time of the year.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It depends. If I'm actively having to deal with the element outside then I'd rather be in the heat. Fuck snow.

If I'm inside trying to relax/sleep? It's damn near impossible to do when it's hot as hell. You're sweaty. Sometimes the fan and AC isn't enough. Just constantly irritated. Sleeping and relaxing in a cold house is much easier than a hot one.

Oct 25, 2017
I've lived in Kuwait (hottest country in the world) and Canada (second coldest country in the world) and the first had a much better climate. Summers in Canada are quite epic though. But

Waiting for the bus for 20 minutes in -40 windchill feels like a near death experience. Hot weather (40-50C) is uncomfortable, but at no point did I start thinking about death or that I wasn't for this Earth.

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Maybe before we invented winter clothing, you might have had a arguable point.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
They are both fucking horrible for sure.

On a face value i much prefer extreme heat, if I don't have anything to do. Like sit back in sweltering heat while drinking a cold drink is ok.

and don't get me wrong I have been through some really horrible northeast winters and they are fucking awful. Like feels -40C/F , warning by campus not to stay outside too long or you could damage limbs from frost is really nasty and there's only so much bundling up you can do.

but the fact is : you can bundle up. So extreme cold is ultimately better.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Winter clothing consumes zero power and has gotten pretty damn good and compact. My Patagonia MicroPuff is incredibly small, very light and is warmer than anything I've ever owned.

Hot weather on the other hand requires a lot of water, shade and electricity to mitigate.