• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Has this always been a thing? To be honest the amount of sports talk radio I've listened to since Super Bowl 52 has dramatically decreased so I'm not as in tune as I used to be. Lawnmower? Is this what we are doing now? Help me out?

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
It's the rise in products from things like Dollar Shave Club (or similar companies) that have manscaping stuff. I guess they've moved beyond podcasts to radio.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
1a007609-4655-4c06-a85f-a51e783c4948_text.gif

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Everyone's trying to corner something in the market. Pretty soon we'll have balls lotion and aftershave, maybe anal balm.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone's trying to corner something in the market. Pretty soon we'll have balls lotion and aftershave, maybe anal balm.
We already do:

www.manscaped.com

Crop Preserver™ | Anti-Chafing Ball Deodorant | Now Only $9.99 | Manscaped.com – MANSCAPED

The Crop Preserver™ ball deodorant by MANSCAPED™. Cruelty-free and vegan ingredients. Designed to keep you fresh all day long. Get your for as little as $9.99 for limited time.

Men's Ball Toner Spray | Crop Reviver® | MANSCAPED US

The Crop Reviver® ball spray by MANSCAPED™. Cruelty-free and vegan ingredients. Keep your high-friction areas cool, calm & protected. Get yours for as little as $11.99 for a limited time.

Anyway, shave your balls.

Jan 4, 2018
I mean it's been a thing for a long time, companies are just now getting around to marketing it, though.

And I know this is going to sound awful, but the cheap, non-pivoting, 2-blade, disposable razors that come in packs of like 20-30 are by far the best/easiest.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
what's the point if shaving your balls when you've got a hairy everything else

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
I shaved my balls once. Nicked myself with the razor and lost like a cup of blood.
Electric only.
Listen, no one wants to unzip your pants and see Davy Crockett's hat down there. Shaving down there is in. And no, don't shave your nuts with the same razor that you use on your face. That's just nasty. Use the patented trimmer from Manscaped, the Lawnmower 2.0. You'll never nick your nuts again. Just use our promo code Era at manscaped.com!

I listen to way too many podcasts. (obviously not a real promo code either)

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
"What else can we convince people that they should have to spend money on that they previously didn't?"
"Meeting people for dates?" "Already did it."
"Playing games with other people on the internet?" "That too."
"Shaving their balls?" "You're on to something."

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Gay men have existed for a long time, yes. And I honestly don't know why straight women put up with being expected to put their face into a sweaty, smelly mass of hair. It's really not that difficult to incorporate into your shower routine and it greatly reduces BO smell down there.

No one is gonna ever be impressed by your bush, if you like your body hair, then you can at least trim it down like you would anywhere else on your body.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
The lawnmower 2.0 (wonder what horrifying flaws the 1.0 had) ads are all over Hulu as well.

Oct 25, 2017
When I heard the ad on Doughboys I was like, sure, podcasting is a tough racket, and they treated it with the appropriate disdain. Then I heard it on the Bombcast and I could only think something pure had been sullied.

Then I shaved my whole balls while thinking of Jeff Gerstmann.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Old people said the same things when they started having feminine hygiene commercials on TV.

Nothing new under the sun.

Professor Lich

Resettlement Advisor
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They must have a large sack of cash they're throwing around if you're hearing this ads all the time.

Mr Pricklefingers

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 4, 2017
I've seen guys that shave their entire pubic region bald, and yet leave the surrounding stomach and leg area untouched. Don't do that.

Pickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shave your balls man. Easy to ask women to lay it bare, but you wont take a blade to some wrinkly leathery ass skin? You can abuse the hell out of a razor and easily come out nice and unscathed

Oct 25, 2017
This is so extra and reminds me of how some manly men avoid basic hygiene because it's "gay".
I buy their products online because I can't seem to find individual flushable wipes for sale in Australia anymore, but the brand image is totally insufferable. All the packaging copy is peppered with shit like "dude" and "bro" and "stank", and their website even makes a point of calling out their support of the armed forces. How insecure do you have to be to not be able to use a wet wipe unless you can imagine someone with an assault rifle pulling it through their own ass cheeks?

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
I buy their products online because I can't seem to find individual flushable wipes for sale in Australia anymore, but the brand image is totally insufferable. All the packaging copy is peppered with shit like "dude" and "bro" and "stank", and their website even makes a point of calling out their support of the armed forces. How insecure do you have to be to not be able to use a wet wipe unless you can imagine someone with an assault rifle pulling it through their own ass cheeks?

The Armed Forces thing might be about not having running water all the time. Shit, we had some nights on the boat when showers were secured (closed) cause we couldn't make fresh water.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I hear these ads read by Conrad Thompson on his wrestling podcasts and they are also funny when Cornette reads them too. I am curious about the deodorant/preserver though.