Uzuki

Oct 27, 2017
United States
There's a few first party games that have these. List here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/platinum-trophy-reward-terms-and-conditions/

Kind of weird that they send them via email instead of doing it via the system automatically, like Microsoft did on the 360. Was always nice to get a bunch of avatars for smashing a game.

What?! I've platinumed several of these games, have my communications open and the most I've gotten was a dozen emails in the span of two days telling me how good I am for plating Bloodborne.

Oct 28, 2017
What?! I've platinumed several of these games, have my communications open and the most I've gotten was a dozen emails in the span of two days telling me how good I am for plating Bloodborne.

Probably went to spam and are long gone and deleted. They won't replace them if lost. Might be worth speaking to your local support though.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Bungie nailed this concept with the Bungie Rewards system and the seals. If you never played Destiny 2 basically a Seal is a title you get after completing a set of triumphs/achievements thematic to a DLC or part of the game. Once you complete it you get a unique Bungie Reward code that allows you to buy a physical version of said Seal, without completing that seal you can't buy the item on the store since the price is absurd high on purpose. It's $777,777.77 and once you get the code it lowers to $19.99

Here's for example the Chronicler seal, which is the title for collecting all the pieces of lore to several lore books in the game.

Wait... so you think targeting people with something else they can pay money for is a good idea? I mean it is from a business perspective. But from a customer perspective it is shitty

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I would have some pretty crowded shelves

I do appreciate the $1 you get per platinum with Sony Rewards though. PSN credit is probably the only thing I'd actually want for earning them, besides the fun of earning them

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I don't have an issue with this being a thing for those who would want it, but I really don't want more clutter.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
It'd be cool to have such a thing for certain games, like Super Meat Boy or Wolfenstein 2.. I put both my heart and soul into them :p

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017
If Microsoft gave point in Rewards for achievements, it would definitely motivate me to play more.

Or find the GamePass games with easiest achievements.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Get Platinum for Sony game and get a free theme, I am good with that. But would love a coin for some games.

Deleted member 36037

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Even if I wouldn't buy any of those myself, I think it's a cool idea that a lot of people would appreciate.