• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which household chore do you dislike the most?

• Cleaning the Kitchen

• Cleaning the Bathroom

• Sweeping/Mopping/Vacuuming

• Laundry (Includes sheets, folding etc etc)

• Food shopping

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Taking out the trash is the worst for me. My garbage dumpster is in the alley back behind my house, and it's a bit of a walk down the alley to get to the dumpster. Plus, the alley regularly gets overgrown with thorny bushes and trees. All this, plus 110 degree weather in the summer (I live in Arizona) make it a truly sucky chore.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Taking out the trash is the worst for me. My garbage dumpster is in the alley back behind my house, and it's a bit of a walk down the alley to get to the dumpster. Plus, the alley regularly gets overgrown with thorny bushes and trees. All this, plus 110 degree weather in the summer (I live in Arizona) make it a truly sucky chore.

Shit! I didn't think about taking out the trash!

Bathroom cleaning, mostly around the hard angles and having a good way to rinse.
Got a dyson V7 so vacuuming is a lot of fun and not a pain with cords.
Mopping us only a pain when people are in the way so it a matter of having the house empty.
Laundry is ok when I don't fall behind on the amount I have to clean and having time to do it.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My friend have you heard the story of our lord and savior watered down vinegar in a spray bottle after every shower who gave their life to protect you from such a miserable existence?

(watered down vinegar sprayed in key places after every shower prevents mold and other crap from accumulating thus making cleaning easy as shit)
Praise to Lord Vinegar, I'll heed these fine words!

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind laundry but the rest can go to hell. I'm hiring a cleaning lady this year for all that other shit.

Oct 27, 2017
I suck at folding clothes. I know how to do it, I just suck at it. My wife doesn't understand that I'm not good at it. I hate it because I suck at it.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You don't even have doing the dishes in the poll. Easily that. Even with a dishwasher it's fucking annoying. And my SO constantly just throws shit in the sink. Everyone I've ever lived with just fucking throws shit in the sink and leaves it there indefinitely.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
taking out the trash. all other chores can be done inside but the trash has to go out at night in the cold to a stinking bin drag that mutha to the curb take the recycling too oh is it snowing? is it raining? 38F? oh now its summer and the flies are out. worst 5 minutes on any given day.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I hate the constant struggle of messing up dishes and cleaning them lol. I'll use paper plates, but then feel bad about waste too. It's a never ending struggle...

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Scrubbing the bathroom & the damn shower.
Dishes are probably my easiest chore to do since I don't let them pile up, EVER.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I hate cleaning the toilet, dusting, and grocery shopping with approximately equal fervor.

Laundry never bothered me, it's the one chore you can watch tv while you do.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Laundry, but just putting it away in the closet. I enjoy every other part of it, down to folding - but I cannot stand handing shit back up on hangers in the closet.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
100% bathrooms, no-one likes cleaning piss and shit stains off off toilet seats. Also cleaning a bathtub/shower is a pain in the ass...

Everything else I don't mind.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Definitely Laundry...mostly because...even after 20+ years of doing my own laundry, I still feel like I'm not good at it. Like my folding game is weak, my collared shirts are always wrinkled, I'm always losing socks, and sometimes I just forget to put shit in the dryer and the next morning it's like...fuuuuccck.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Cleaning the bathroom!

Hired a cleaner pretty much only because we both hate cleaning our bathroom.

Best decision we have made.... should have done it years ago.

As for dishes again I wish I bought the dishwasher years ago - always thought it would be a waste as there was only two of us but nope I was so wrong. Love it.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
My cats have a "fun" habit of shitting in the tub.

It sucks so much having to clean that up.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Always the fucking dishes. I don't know many things where I feel less motivated. There isn't even motivation. Feels more like being dead from the inside.

We finally bought our first dishwasher 2 months ago. Absolute life changer!

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
I hate cleaning so much so damn much. My wife is the opposite so I have to help her clean a lot and it stinks lol! But of those listed laundry is the pain in my ass that just doesn't ever get better.

Oct 27, 2017
Washing and changing bed sheets.

This usually follows the same pattern for me each time I'm putting a sheet back on:
1) figure out which way is the long way, put in place one corner
2) Can't stretch to next corner as I got the sheet the wrong way around
3) Get sheet the right direction, put in place one corner
4) Put in place next corner, first corner pops out
5) Put back in place first corner, now have two corners done
6) Do third corner, corner diagonally from me pops out
7) Say "Fuck", Do next corner
8) Do "final" corner, last corner I did pops out
9) Finally get last corner in place

MatchaMouse

Mar 12, 2018
No "doing the dishes" option? That's the worst for me. Murders my hands, especially in winter. And needs to be done every.single.day. often multiple times a day.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I despise doing the laundry. I just hate it with every fiber in my body. Especially since we live in apartment complex and have to go a fair distance to pick up the loads.

I don't like the idea of having to return to a chore an hour later, I rather just get it done immediately. Thankfully my wife does the laundry and I'm eternally grateful.

Oct 28, 2017
Laundry because of the amount of time it takes. Everything else is only annoying before you start doing it, laundry is a huge chunk of your time gone.

Oct 25, 2017
China
This usually follows the same pattern for me each time I'm putting a sheet back on:
1) figure out which way is the long way, put in place one corner
2) Can't stretch to next corner as I got the sheet the wrong way around
3) Get sheet the right direction, put in place one corner
4) Put in place next corner, first corner pops out
5) Put back in place first corner, now have two corners done
6) Do third corner, corner diagonally from me pops out
7) Say "Fuck", Do next corner
8) Do "final" corner, last corner I did pops out
9) Finally get last corner in place
Yup, It's not the act of washing the bed linen, it's the pain in the ass putting on the new ones. To be fair fresh new sheets are great.

Oct 28, 2017
Dusting. Takes a stupid long amount of time wiping every surface and the next day or the day after everything is dusty again.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of that list, laundry. It's the only thankless one on the list...all the other ones have good results from doing them, your friends would commend you on how clean things are. Laundry is only seen by you and you're just gonna mess them up anyway if you try to find one specific thing.

Galleren

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I prefer vacuuming. Love the sounds. I dont like mopping floors, but i do it from time to time. I let the wife do the toilets, cause fuck that.

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
I clicked cleaning the kitchen, but really it's doing the dishes. I can't stand it. I will clean the whole house if someone else does them.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I easily hate cleaning the kitchen the most because it's a daily chore. The other things like vacuuming, laundry, shopping, and cleaning the bathroom don't have to be done nearly as often. The daily monotony (especially when you have young kids) of it wears me down sometimes.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Cleaning the bathroom and maybe kitchen. Definitely want to outsource it.

Laundry I just do drop off at a local place. I have a dishwasher as well.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
You don't even have doing the dishes in the poll. Easily that. Even with a dishwasher it's fucking annoying. And my SO constantly just throws shit in the sink. Everyone I've ever lived with just fucking throws shit in the sink and leaves it there indefinitely.

Same here and it drives me crazy, how much harder is it to just open the dishwasher instead of putting it into the sink? It's barely any extra effort at all, so why not fucking do it?

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
The bathroom.

It's not that it's hard to do but actually doing it is a task man. And I'm a neat freak so I try to get every corner of the bathroom.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Idk why but I absolutely hate emptying the dishwasher! Probably because it's so low to the ground and I'm really tall.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Cleaning the kitchen, more specifically is doing the dishes. I'd rather do laundry, clean the bathroom over that.
Especially when the sponge gets gross and that shitty smell stays on your hands no matter how many times you wash them.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Hanging the washing up and hoovering. Both are surprisingly physical if you have a lot to do and can take 10-15 minutes. Not a lot of time but it feels long while you're doing it.