Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand how some of you here get so fucking invested in concept trailers. We literally had nothing about Prey 2 other than said trailer.
Yeah, the concept trailer looked great but at a certain point people have got to step back and realise that the game they were so excited for only ever really existed in their own head.

Prey 2 could have been great, it could have been terrible

And Bethesda should never have treated Human Head the way they did.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wanna know how I know that you didn't play Arkane's Prey?

One and Done. :)

1FYr.gif

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It looked damned good. But by all accounts the 2017 one was supposedly good too. It sucks the old work was lost, especially from the stuff we heard about the game but it is it what it is at this point. I do hope they get another chance to make a bigger game again one day.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
What happened to Human Head sucks, but Prey by Arkane ended up being amazing. Hopefully HH gets back up on their feet eventually.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These are the studio that made The Quiet Man and the original Prey right?

I see no reason to assume the game they were making was any good.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
So now, it's ok to talk like this on era ?

I wasn't being completely serious.

But look, we have no idea of knowing how Prey 2 would have turned out. But we do know that Prey 2017 was one of the best games of the generation. As much as it pains me to say this, I'd rather have that game knowing it is as good as it is.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
That "generic sci-fi shooter" is a dense, intricate and very smartly designed immersive sim that makes the original Prey 2 seem like such a much better fit for that descriptor.

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Still waiting for someone to anonymously send me this. Bits and pieces ive been able to share, but nothing playable yet. Your terms, I can keep it completely private, only do video, or more.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
OP' s thread derailment aside, what happened to HH was shitty, and I honestly believe Arkane choosing Prey for its game's title probably partly hurt it since it made people wanting the HH Prey 2 concept reject it without actually playing it.
This glorious backfiring and-

THEY MADE THE QUIET MAN?!?!
Tbf, it was a commission job. Most of the actual creative stuff was done by Square peeps and others, with game itself being 'dreamed' by Fujinaga Kensei, and written Joe Kelley from Man of Action.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I've seen a lot of these hot takes like this about Prey; I had a friend just a few weeks ago talking about how Prey got ruined by Bethesda and wasn't at all like was initially shown, and that it was one of his biggest disappoints of the year. But then he ended it with "I never even ended up buying it I was so mad!" Soooo... you didn't buy a superb game because it wasn't what some old trailer showed?

Yes Prey changed from what was first shown, but a good trailer =/= a good game for a start. But the main thing is that the Prey we eventually got was brilliant, Arkane did a superb job as usual and it was one of the best games of that year, so who cares what was first shown. Time to let Prey 2 go and appreciate the Prey we got for the great game that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.