hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Super Robot Taisen series for me. I think I'm done with the main series. Only one I might only play is its original generation entries.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Assassins creed, went from one of my favorite franchises and every year getting me super excited to me becoming one of those people that is bothered by every change since every time it only gets further and further away from what it once was. I really wish they had split the franchise in two before origins.

Edit; Pokémon is another one, for similar reasons, it's as though the creators became so sick of the success and therefore expectation to do better each time that they actively try to make the game worse for long time fans so they can move on and the team can be free. I just can't have fun playing anymore.

Last edited:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Totally this.

I bought 0, loved it, Kiwami, liked it a lot less, bought Kiwami 2 and couldn't even play it for an hour before I had to shut it off.

I replayed 0 and Kiwami lately on Xbox One, though. I think I know why "Yakuza burnout is real," but I should probably save that for the "controversial opinion" thread.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'll admit it's probably Pokemon. But it's my own doing. Starting in January of last year I played through all the regions in order, then I played through Shield three times, once with each starter, so, yeah, 12 months of constantly playing a Pokemon game finally wore me down.

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
Assassins creed, went from one of my favorite franchises and every year getting me super excited to me becoming one of those people that is bothered by every change since every time it only gets further and further away from what it once was. I really wish they had split the franchise in two before origins.

Edit; Pokémon is another one, for similar reasons, it's as though the creators became so sick of the success and therefore expectation to do better each time that they actively try to make the game worse for long time fans so they can move on and the team can be free.
All the above.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon. The series refuses to evolve and will forever be stuck with ancient gameplay design.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon. The series refuses to evolve and will forever be stuck with ancient gameplay design.

I've only ever played Red/Fire Red and Sword, so I haven't gotten sick of it, but I must admit that the new one playing like a prettier GameBoy game was a bit of a shock after all these years.

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
At the moment, all of them. I'm in some sort of weird gaming slump. Backlog is huge and I just can't bring myself to get in there and play something to completion. Just end up losing interest. Sad times.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
As much as I love the series, Persona.

Royal just...whew, it was exhausting. But great.

I'd like P6 to change the formula drastically like 2 ——> 3.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza. I finished 0-3 over the years and playing through 4 has me exhausted. It's currently on hold.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Forza Horizon. Played pretty much all of them. Just stopped playing FH4 early on and just never returned, I feel like theres zero sense of progression to keep me going? Like every race I do wether well or badly would just endlessly open 3-4 more things on the map.

I was also really turned off by the cosmetic shiny clothes and silly dances i keep getting from the wheelspins which I used to love in the previous entries. I just want more cars and money!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Yakuza. There's nothing like them out there but I've been playing them kinda close together (about a month or two apart starting with Yakuza Kiwami 2) so they've been getting to me. I'm also not really in love with the extended cast, so I'm happy that the final game will be a solo Kiryu adventure.

Tigerfog

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Animal Crossing. I was on vacation a long time ago and Wild World on DS was one of the only games I had.
I played it till I got bored of it.
After that, in any Animal Crossing game I played, I usually just start the game, hit villagers on the head with the net then never play it again.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Pokemon and AssCreed. The former keeps getting dumbed down with every entry, while the latter barely feels like an AC game anymore.

Titanish

Apr 2, 2019
Pokémon: played until Sun & Moon, didn't even bother with Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire. With almost no change even between generations, I couldn't help but lose interest.

Assassin's Creed: I loved the series until Revelations, but they kept releasing games annually with basically the same mechanics, just different settings. And it doesn't help that the new RPG direction the series is taking doesn't match with my tastes at all.

Tales of: I used to love so many characters from Symphonia, Abyss, Destiny... but starting with the last one I played, Xillia, every cast feels very generic.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to say Dark Souls until Demon's Souls remake was announced 😆 I didn't really think DS2 was so great, I didn't even finish DS3, and Bloodborne and Sekiro made me super psyched to be moving quickly in a From Software game. Dark Souls specifically feels so cumbersome comparatively.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Professor Layton. Stop thinking of puzzles, please, for the love of God.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Gears. Probably one of my favorite franchises, but I'm completely burned out. I installed Gears 5 via Game Pass when it released and quit mid way through a match and never touched it again. Today, I installed Ultimate Edition and did the same thing lol. I've put so much time into Gears. It needs something fresh for me at this point.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Halo and Gears
Assassins Creed, before they changed it up, now I'm interested again. Far Cry needs to go through a similar change as well.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza.

Really hit me when I started playing Kiwami 2.

Just put it down and never picked it up again.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon. Great games but my interest in new entries dissolved with FH3. I'll still play the old ones from time to time though when I'm in the mood, I just don't have any active interest in keeping up with the series.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I burned out hard on Pokemon. Took like 2 years to beat Y and didn't finish Moon. Wasn't until Sword that I got back into the franchise. Put over 100 hours into Sword and will paly the DLC when the next piece of content releases. Another franchise is Assassins Creed. I played up until 3 and that was enough for me until beating Odyssey the a little while ago. Still going through the DLC. Its been fun. I don't think Ill be getting the next one though.

Monster Hunter is probably what Im currently burned out on. I want to play the new update but I put like 500 hours into Iceborne alone and I look at the game in my library and have no desire to play it now or when the update hits. Ill wait until the game stops getting updates to play what I missed at this point, or Ill just wait for whatever game they have in store. A Switch title could definitely pull me out of burn out.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Destiny.

Super fan since D1 Alpha, but fell off hard when they announced sunsetting of weapons AND armor. Worked really hard for certain weapons that were legitimately hard to get, and they're undoing it.

So, probably done for good.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Assassin's Creed. Played until ACS, and then Origins dropped and I was overwhelmed, never touched it again, and never will. The main concept I liked about it, which was the narrative continuum between present and past, is long gone too, so there's really no point for me to go back.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Fromsoft games/Souls games. It's the same song and dance with every damn game. There's always a poison swamp, bonfires, ect. It's just getting old at this point. Fromsoft has been making the same game over and over again for close to 10 years now and it's just exhausting. Especially since they artificially crank the difficulty with each new game. Fromsoft is such a talented studio, they could make something truly great in almost any genre if they tried. Elden Ring can have all the fancy new bells and whistles they feel like adding but at it's core, it's very SOUL will be just that, a Souls game. So I have little reason to be excited for something I've essentially already played.

Pat

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely Pokémon. I have been a huge fan since I was a little kid and played them all to death until X/Y came out, couldn't finish it (too cringy, too slow, etc.). Then came Omega Ruby/Sapphire which I put over 100 hours in it so I thought it was just that X/Y were bad... I was hyped for Sun/Moon but drop it after only a few hours, that hand-holding and the slow gameplay was unbearable. With the announcement of a new 3D Pokémon, I was excited... Until they revealed the game... This is when I understood they will never bring a proper 3D Pokémon RPG experience to the fans and I dropped the franchise totally.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Pokémon. Pokémon Red was my first game, and I used to get every mainline entry. Now? I honestly just stopped caring. I still like talking about Pokémon, playing the old games, etc, but I just stopped buying anything new because the 3D era has been so consistently disappointing.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fromsoft games/Souls games. It's the same song and dance with every damn game. There's always a poison swamp, bonfires, ect. It's just getting old at this point. Fromsoft has been making the same game over and over again for close to 10 years now and it's just exhausting. Especially since they artificially crank the difficulty with each new game. Fromsoft is such a talented studio, they could make something truly great in almost any genre if they tried. Elden Ring can have all the fancy new bells and whistles they feel like adding but at it's core, it's very SOUL will be just that, a Souls game. So I have little reason to be excited for something I've essentially already played.
Tell me more about the gameplay of Elden Ring.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Not a specific game, but a whole genre. The cinematic 3rd person action adventure. If I never collect another resource to craft another upgrade it'll be too soon.