LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Super shotgun -> ballista combo against marauders in Doom Eternal. Not only is it not cheating, they designed at least two DLC encounters specifically around doing that combo.

But I still feel dirty doing it.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Summoning and using anything other than an Estus Flask in Dark Souls.
Not having "game over if discovered" in stealth games.

Nov 8, 2017
Top tier builds in games like Diablo 3 are super fun. When your gear has so many synergies that it feels like you're straight up just breaking the mechanics, mmmmm that's the best.

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Save scumming the mines on SoS. I don't know if it's intended, but it's sure not discouraged.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Probably already said, but teleporting out of near death in BOTW.

That said, the game would be super annoying without it.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon:

Shift Mode
EXP Share (Whole party version)
Using items in battle
The game telling you move effectiveness
EXP candies

BotW, Skyrim:

Using recovery items from the menu with time stopped while mod fight

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
0*IO1UfUx7buCkEYQA.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
The Hammer in Doom Eternal is just too good, it feels like cheating to effortlessly one cycle Marauders without doing anything like a full auto combo. But it's so much fun to use that now it feels wrong to go back to the rest of the game without it.

Tolby

Sep 24, 2019
Eastern Europe
The standard starting area Fireball in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It was not only overwhelmingly powerful, but it was also one of the easiest spell to buy upgrades for. It trivialized every boss except the final one.
It was heavily nerfed in later patches.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rewinding in a racing game.

Playing Forza Horizon 4 right now and ignoring the feature.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Lightning Spear in (at least) early game Dark Souls. I recently restarted after being stuck at Sen's Fortress for two years and having a screwed up character. I went in with a plan (spellsword with faith) and decided to use guides only when I needed to find things necessary for my build. Pretty much everything else I've decided to take my time on and find out for myself.

Once I got Lightning Spear, I started tearing through absolutely everything. I killed Lautrec no problem. Havel fell quickly, and now I'm ready to absolutely decimate the Gargoyles. I'm having so much fun!

EDIT: Moonlight Butterfly was an absolute joke with this miracle, which is a shame considering how beautiful and awesome it is!

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Danger Mario

Time consuming to attain, but a busted way of gaming TTYD's badge system.

Unfortunately turns the game into an absolute cakewalk and is only really fun to do once.

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
Being able to change the game difficulty whenever you want. I hate this shit so much, I sometimes skip games because of it.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Save scumming, nothing really comes close. Feels so gross. 😌

RXM027

Dec 18, 2020
Turning off parc ferme in F1 games. It really doesn't feel like cheating once you learn the AI doesn't respect parc ferme at all, but it still feels weird.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
The beefed up gravity gun at the end of HL2. Also, Valve should put the Orange Box on Switch.

Shrikey

Oct 27, 2017
Listen mode in TLOU1/2. Never used it. Felt cheap and gamey. absolutely adore the combat system without it, but I can imagine it's both much simpler and more boring without it.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
DEX build + Rapier/Espada Ropera/Lightning Resin in Dark Souls 2. Bows in general in the Souls series.