OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't think there's a worse possible combination.

I like their games, but the shooting aspect has always been the worst part. The only thing worse would be having RockStar make one
I can't imagine Naughty Dog doing a good job on something so stylistically quick and combat focused

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Harry Potter, LOTR, Game of Thrones have so many RPG opportunities

I think I'd prefer it to be a game where we could make our own character and have a house chosen for that character based off early game choices and dialog trees - just take place in the Wizarding World.

My dream game, really excited to see what they are making.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah weird especially since the creators themselves said gamers should carry on the world when they were making The Matrix Online. Things really died out after The Trash of Neo, but I had really loved Enter the Matrix. I wonder if the new movie next year will be a hit enough to reignite the IP for Warner Bros, who own Rocksteady.

It really is calling out for a KOTOR-style "reboot", maybe not an RPG but they could just take the IP and put it in a new/old iteration of the Matrix

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It wouldn't be a "AAA juggernaut", but I want a One Piece game by Arc System :(

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'd prefer it to be a game where we could make our own character and have a house chosen for that character based off early game choices and dialog trees - just take place in the Wizarding World.

Isn't that already rumored to be in production now? Or did that project quietly die out?

Oct 27, 2017
Slam Dunk.
I can picture in my head the perfect Persona-esque Slam Dunk game, only instead of killing monsters when you're not busy you train for a big game at the end of the month.
Oh, sorry, did you write major license? Well, let me tell you about Patlabor...
Reminds me of something I thought of a while ago but in wrestling. Take the Tiger Mask IP and make it like what you describe. Add some choices like making friends or turning into a heel.

Either make the character Tiger Mask himself or a whole new character you create in the same universe (or a tiger mask user that you create yourself).

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
I want Catwoman level of combat animation in a CGI quality late 20th century NYC. Is that so much to demand?
No, but I wouldn't want a Watchmen game based around a violent gameplay loop. Watchmen deserves more than surface level adaptation that is only looking at visual aesthetics

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Centurions
th

or MASK

mask-team.jpg

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Ninja Turtles. There is so much potential for this if in the right hands and given a good budget. I really wish those rumors of Rocksteady tackling it after Arkham Knight had been true.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
A talented studio (for example, Rocksteady) making a TMNT game with a huge budget could be amazing.
  • Different sections for different turtles
  • A complete sewer system you can freely navigate (either for a shortcut or to escape your enemies)
  • Good mix of stealth sections and combat
  • Usagi Yojimbo appearance/cameo

Ducktales
A large scale Ducktales game would be cool as hell too. The last games are from 2013, one of which being remake of the original DuckTales, while the other is a mobile game.
A 3D adventure game in which you play as different characters in multiple chapters, each on a treasure hunt, with all storylines finally coming together in a big climactic ending would be incredible.

Tarzan
  • Sliding on tree branches
  • Swinging from vines
That is all.
Insomniac did sliding with Sunset Overdrive, and swinging with Spider-Man... just sayin'

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love another Blade Runner game. But of course the source IP there isn't exactly a huge mainstream thing in the first place... but I think a new game there could be reasonably successful.

edit - Star Trek games, please! With the IP getting revived with multiple shows on TV, surely we might get a revival in game development around that. Again though...probably not likely to be AAA juggernaut territory.

Natels

Oct 26, 2017
I'd say Metal Gear in the right hands. But MGS isn't dorment it's straight up dead and I don't know if it would be considered a major license

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why Sony couldn't pump a ton of money into making a new open world Getaway game, with a massive movie tie in. Not set in London, but somewhere else.
They could put a Vice City spin on it, set it in the 80's, get some big names to act in it, get it all pop culture like. Then.. make the game.

Imagine a PS5 exclusive open world game built from the ground up using the SSD, basically with all the first party magic you know they can muster.

Oct 27, 2017
- a Mission Impossible game made by Naughty Dog.
- a Blade game (unsure what dev I'd give it to though)
- a Ghost in the Shell (taking stuff from both SAC & Arise, but doing its own continuity like Spider-Man on PS4 does. Unsure which dev I'd give this to though)
- a Blade Runner game set in between the first & second films. Ideally with multiple protagonists (one a BR, one a replicant). Maybe by Eidos?
- a TRON: LEGACY era game seen as it feels like we will never get a sequel (unsure what dev I'd give it to though).

^ Some of my picks from a previous similar thread — Blade is *perfect* video game material.

I'd play the hell out I'd a Naughty Dog John Wick.

Also Ghost in the Shell.

John Wick is a good pick (and I'd be shocked if we didn't see a AAA dev take a shot at it (pun partially intended) next gen) — but I see your "Naughty Dog John Wick" and raise you a "Naughty Dog Mission Impossible". It would be the perfect "second team" project as much of their Uncharted experience would transfer very well, while first team works on their own IP.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Harry Potter: Four Houses

Everyone is a mage or wyvern rider/quidditch player in my run anyway.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

It's what everyone has wanted for like a decade. We want Bully but more magical and in Hogwarts.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the John Wick from Naughty Dog ideas, the game needs a badass, almost perfect shooting mechanic, and the last thing that I think when somebody tells me "Naughty Dog" is their shooting mechanics.

It needs to be more Max Payne 3 and less Uncharted, a 3D version of Hotline Miami honestly would be perfect. And if I could choose, it would be third, not first, person. Plenty of great first-person shooters out there, third-person ones are lacking.

John Wick is a good pick (and I'd be shocked if we didn't see a AAA dev take a shot at it (pun partially intended) next gen — but I see your "Naughty Dog John Wick" and raise you a "Naughty Dog Mission Impossible". It would be the perfect "second team" project as much of their Uncharted experience would transfer very well, while first team works on their own IP.

This though, this is an insanely good idea. Mission Impossible is all about the spectacle and the setpieces, something Naughty Dog excels at.

It is rare to read an idea here that fit so perfectly like this one.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the John Wick from Naughty Dog ideas, the game needs a badass, almost perfect shooting mechanic, and the last thing that I think when somebody tells me "Naughty Dog" is their shooting mechanics.

It needs to be more Max Payne 3 and less Uncharted, a 3D version of Hotline Miami honestly would be perfect. And if I could choose, it would be third, not first, person. Plenty of great first-person shooters out there, third-person ones are lacking.

This though, this is an insanely good idea. Mission Impossible is all about the spectacle and the setpieces, something Naughty Dog excels at.
Naughty Dog utilize too many shoot outs for an IM game. Making a game of just set pieces sounds expensive unless it was super short.

Oct 27, 2017
I want an Into the Spider-Verse game. Or at least something in that aesthetic.

I would absolutely fucking love this, but I don't know if we'd get it. Part of me would love to see the Sony pictures team + Lord & Miller have a heavy involvement in order to make it feel "right" but the other part would prefer they were 110% focused on the sequels instead so they live up to Spider-Verse.

...in the meantime though, I'd just settle for Insomniac adding some of Spider-Verse Miles' flavour into their version of him to make him cooler for SM2.

It is rare to read an idea here that fit so perfectly like this one.
John Wick needs a shooting / targeting system like one of the later Splinter Cells (Blacklist?) to feel "right" imo.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Naughty Dog utilize too many shoot outs for an IM game. Making a game of just set pieces sounds expensive unless it was super short.

I don't really agree with that but ok. Ethan is fucking bad guys over the entire movie, and even then I think ND can make decent slower paced parts too (the last of us had a few).

Oct 27, 2017
An Iron Man game that's part Ace Combat, part Armored Core, and part Arkham seems like an easy no brainer.

Lots of high flying fast paced ranged combat, a huge focus on parts/build variety/armour customization, with a detailed and fun open-world to explore with lots of nifty secrets and easter eggs.