Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I heard somewhere that they tested flying mounts in the first game but the world couldn't stream from the HDD fast enough. That won't be a problem on PS5.

Yep, I remember seeing the same thing. Now with SSDs coming, and Sony's being extremely fast, it can be a possibility.

Would be super cool. But I hope that wouldn't mean they have to create vast emptiness of open expanses due to how quickly you travel.

The map in Horizon was large but at least meaningful in each area.

Absolutely a fair worry. Though I think the original, while beautiful, had a lot of empty useless areas that acted more like window dressing than anything meaningful. I do wonder how they would balance it if they were to implement flying. On one hand, I think you could get away having flying on a map the size of the original. On the other, I wouldn't want it [the flying] to be too slow or minimize the scale.

Either way, IF they do have flying, I believe GG will balance it out and make it work.

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't end up playing the game till 2018 for context. It seems simple to ask for just this at this point, but since the game came out around the time of BOTW and later AC: Origins that year did it as well: Let me climb the actual environment freely please. Felt incredibly limited after playing both BOTW and Origins then jumping into Horizon. Blatant wall hangs that are basically automated button clicks in certain areas of an open world feels 360/PS3 era at this point.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Not blueballing the player by killing the interesting present-day characters in the beginning for one.
Better human combat.
Ted Faro so I can kick his pompous murdering ass.
Did I mention interesting present day characters?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Getting rid of limited inventory space and making dialogue bits more natural/not like a budget 3D point and click from the early 2000s.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Yeah a futuristic sci-fi game with a main character uses a bow and spears, amazing

I know, right? It totally is. But not everyone seems to like it. Luckily, there's so many other games these people can enjoy, and leave Horizon alone for the people who really love the concept.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
- Some sort of glider like BOTW and AC Brotherhood for coming down from high altitudes
- A meaningful continuation of story and expansion of the lore
- More beautiful, varied environments and vistas

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The big thing for me is that I want way more freedom of movement. Aloy felt really glued down to the ground and it felt really bad to me since i'd played it after both AC: Odyssey and BotW where you can climb and move much easier. Being back in control of a character where a shoulder high wall means you have to find the long way around sucked, and I hated only being able to climb at the spots they designate. Aloy controls and feels like this super agile and nimble archer, so having your ability to tackle the environment be so limited felt at odds with that.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I know, right? It totally is. But not everyone seems to like it. Luckily, there's so many other games these people can enjoy, and leave Horizon alone for the people who really love the concept.
Thank god we're on a forum where you don't have to refrain from criticizing games for not taking advantage of creative worlds and have boring characters and combat mechanics just because other people can't handle their favorite games not being beloved

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
More diverse enemies. And more gigantic enemies. Fighting a thunderjaw is so satisfying... more of that but of different enemies.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
  • Freely climbing walls and cliffs instead of just predetermined paths
  • More overgrown/destroyed cities for just open world exploration, I felt like the first game was quite low on destroyed infrastructure and what was there basically only existed for quest purposes
  • Completely overhauled melee system
  • Make all machines which are big enough mountable, especially needs a flyable mount
  • Rivers and lakes with underwater machines and secret caves you can only access by diving underwater
  • Multiplayer. Leaderboards for Hunting Grounds, machines killed etc. Also optional seamless Multiplayer with some limitations such as it being auto-disabled during quests so people can't intervene with your quests
  • Deeper armor system. Instead of it all just being 1 outfit divide it into hat, top and bottom, possibly gloves and shoes/boots as well with stat bonuses if you wear multiple pieces from the same set

I agree with all your points but i don't known if adding multiplayer is a good idea because it's lot of work and they have already lot of things to improve and Guerrilla is still maybe not big enough to do all that stuff in one game.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
- Fleshed out melee combat with a variety of new melee weapons to use. Aloy's spear was pretty much just a way for her to finish off enemies in the first game, so I'd love to see them make melee weapons more viable to use in combat.
- Weapon/Armor drops from enemies and hidden out in the world. I didn't like how nearly all the weapons/armor you get in the game came from vendors or quest rewards. I like exploring in RPGs and finding weapons out in the wild, so I'd like to see them implement that. The Shieldweaver armor quest to get the fuel cells and open the vault where the armor was in was awesome but the only quest in the game like that. I'd love to see more of that.
- More lively cities/villages. As beautiful as the game was, the towns often felt too stagnant. I'd like to see more NPCs doing daily routines, more side missions and secrets in cities, etc. Meridian for example felt like a big facade. Gorgeous looking but mostly boring to walk around in.
- Would love to see them go to the Forbidden West. The lore tab sounds amazing: " Since then, many outlanders have journeyed into the Forbidden West; the ones who return are either near-death or driven mad by what they have discovered. The tales of these journeys differ, with some reporting to have crossed deserts of white, orange, and blue sands while others recounted vast prairies full of tall, sharp grass. Many explorers have encountered ruins of the Old Ones, even telling of a massive lake much larger than the Daybrink with an entire city of the ancients submerged within."
- Free climbing like BOTW / AC Odyssey
- Flying / riding on any robot enemy that you find. Imagine riding on a Thunderjaw or a Stormbird??
- More dungeons like the cauldrons, but I'd like to see some that are less linear and more open.

All this plus machine mutation.

Karamina

Apr 10, 2018
-Real climbing system, Like AC or BOTW

-Improved melee combat

-More hunting mechanics

-New Machines, like MechaGorilla, MechaDolphins or MechaDragon ! =)

-The ability to dive underwater

-A lot more Mount, but mostly, FLYING MOUNT AND WATER MOUNT

-Grapple/Hook system for caputring Machine or for balancing, Aloy uses a rope to lower Tallneck's head after scanning them

and few more things, but that is the most exiting things i think about for the sequel, and if Guerrilla make the half of this, i will be a very man =D

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
To remember to make the main character, or any character that isn't from an audio log, as interesting as the world and lore.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Dream Wishlist.

1.Ocean/island/Hawaii setting

More swimming especially underwater and a chance to have sea monsters and superbosses while gating content via island seems like a good way to go

Plus DinoPunk pirates... what's not to love.

2. Bigger Robots/Monster Hunter inspiration

Up the RPG/crafting by copying the monster hunter world format. Lots of repeated fights for more detailed crafting and character build options

3. Flying mounts

Because it would be cool

4. More open traversal options

5. More mundane/silly sidequests

Mzril

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Went over this in my LTTP

Better Melee Combat,

Better vs Human Combat (+ More varied human enemies),

Better Camera and Better open world design.

Keep everything good about the machines though.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I think Guerilla has a unique opportunity with HZD2 to break some real ground with storytelling. The first game sets up a phenomenal universe, yet I think the actual plot left a lot to be desired. From the vaguely appropriative use of Native culture & generally uninteresting tribal dyanmics, to having so much of the plot delivered through text logs & voice codecs - there's a ton of room to grow. Here's my pitch.

1. Jump forward 40 years.
Yep. A full forty years. I want to see the state of this world after a generation, not just thrown into another immediate crisis. Show me Aloy as a hardened mother, burdened with the knowledge of the past and determined to build a better world for her kids. I can't think of a single AAA game in recent history to play off the mother-child dynamic, despite the father-child dynamic becoming such a prevalent trope of the current generation's narrative games. This also gives the world a chance to grow and evolve from the questionable faux-native setting. Imagine if in one generation, society had the sudden ability to launch fully into the industrial revolution. No longer held back by a hostile environment, mankind has fallen back into its old habits of exploiting the environment for relentless growth and profit. Which triggers the Gaia system to fight back, leaving only Aloy to fully understand the stakes at play. The added time also allows for the cliffhanger at the end of HZD to have manifested as a genuine threat.

2. Shift perspective.
What annoyed me most about HZD were the moments where a compelling bit of story was told through a shaky hologram, offering the weakest possible glimpse into the pre-apocalypse. If any future story requires a look to the past - just let us see it for ourselves. Allow us to control Sobeck in these scenes, letting us experience the dawning crisis for ourselves. Maybe pass the torch to one of Aloy's kids, if that's what the story neccessitates.

3. No human enemies.
Simple enough. The worst part of the first game, and it's more narratively interesting to avoid human/human conflict entirely.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont understand people that want flying mechanics

I dont think there is any game in existence that did it right, especially on an open world

There is also the fact that a flying mechanic makes the world design and level design completely irrelevant

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
  • Towns with NPCs you can interact with on a more substantial level. Allow us to enter houses, take/steal items, enter pubs and inns etc
  • Make each boss have different weak spot placements and make each encounter a puzzle in which you have to find the weak spot like SoTC
  • Allow her to take on contacts that are essentially dino hunts with different tiers of dinosaurs based on their rarity and add twists to their behavior or add parameters to the contract.
  • Fix melee combat, move focus button from R3 to either square or triangle so that you can lock onto enemies and block/counter them (ala AC Odyssey)
  • Allow for a more seamless transition between ranged and melee combat
  • More ride able dinos
  • Expand crafting to allow you to create armor, potions/buffs before battle
  • Free climbing ala BoTW and Odyssey but have you require specific gear to do so (e.g. claws from a Sawtooth that you can craft into climbing gloves)
  • Bigger and more intricate dungeons that look different based on regional locations
  • optional bosses, it would be real cool if they had some Ultima Weapon type enemy that you read and hear about and you have to search and find it and it gets you super rare items or weapons
  • ability to change aloy's clothes and hairstyle
  • have choices affect game quests more
  • Allow for more varied weapons, axe, spear, crossbow, makeshift rifles
  • Create a hacking game system which would make sense given the features on the focus and Aloy discovering ancient technology.
  • Mini games

Last edited:

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Remove the map and fast travel, instead give us climbing, flying mounts and more recognizable locations (so less procedural environments). Without a map the secrets will feel very secret indeed.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Better human AI.
Better RPG aspects across the board.

Melee was just like a melee in a FPS or TPS, I never understood people's issues with it.

Hoirzon is a shooter.

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
More weapon variety. Switch up enemy behavior so it doesn't get boring. Flying mounts. Less humans period. Way more cauldrons

jonasvutt

Jan 17, 2018
There's a lot they can learn from Breath of the Wild and Death Stranding in terms of movement and how the different scenarios and climates change it. Also, more towns with better sidequests.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Better combat against human enemies.

Better climbing, it was annoying not being able to climb up small ledges because it's not a programmed climbing point.

More story choices / dialogue options.

Ability to mount more machines, including flying machines.

Give Aloy a robot companion that can help in combat, find secrets and can be customised (appearance and weapons)

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I melee'd my way through the game. Just needed to upgrade the right skills and I pretty much smacked everything around. Bow is just for robin hood moments. (Also because I suck at aiming with controllers)

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Flying mounts, more parkour, underwater segments, maybe some co-op..... no, definitely co-op

Also, more weapons like swords and stuff.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bigger world, so we can explore more. Some secret (side-quests) dungeons with secret bosses. Improved melee combat. The ranged combat is already almost perfect. More machines :)

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I dont understand people that want flying mechanics

I dont think there is any game in existence that did it right, especially on an open world

There is also the fact that a flying mechanic makes the world design and level design completely irrelevant

Just Cause series...
Starlink... The flying is great but needs on foot gameplay which it doesn't have. Xenoblade Chronicles X
Steep
COD infinite Warfare (Not Open world)
Dragon Quest XIS

In general I feel like Flying is just a way to have grand vistas/open spaces while having manageable content density.

I personally think that open worlds should me measured in time rather then distance. Ie How long does it take you to get from where you are to the next interesting activity. I think going beyond 90-100s without doing anything notable is just not fun. Flying allows those distances to be longer which makes for better vistas and that is important to a game like Horizon.

Furthermore you can easily gate flying in multiple ways to add forms of "level design"
Ie. Caves/Buildings/Underground areas too small for flying mounts.

Defended outposts that target a flying player.

Storms and other weather phenomena (like BotWs Rain mechanic) to cut off access to areas or make things more difficult (Clouds to restrict visibility ect)

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
more agility. Give me more maneuvers to do. The slide was cool, but it was a bit hard to use whenever I wanted to do it and the camera didn't help. Let me do a giant leap off my mount or something.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Cities that feel more alive. Better melee. More machines. Go nuts with the designs. They don't necessarily need to be rooted in reality.

I especially want to see a robot companion though. The different mounts in hzd1 were cool but I mostly disposed of them when done without forming a real relationship. I'd rather have the same one like argo or roach. You would be able to customize it with other machine parts and eventually get it to be your flying mount as well.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this series can heavily benefit with a more elaborate crafting system. Something along the lines of Ratchet and Clank. Not as wacky obviously, but with all the mechanical bits and pieces you come across, I feel like you can get really flexible and creative and it'll all be believable in this world.