• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your next-gen Bluepoint fantasy?

• God of War I/II

Votes: 21 4.8%
  • MGS

Votes: 199 45.4%
  • Original IP

Votes: 159 36.3%
  • Other

Votes: 59 13.5%

• Total voters

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If they could somehow make a next gen version of Shadow Moses, I'd be extremely happy.

MGS4s fantastic rendition will soon be 2 generations old.

Funnily enough bluepoint did MGS collection, so they have some sort of experience

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Ridge Racer would be perfect.

I would unabashedly say this but after getting a AC7 after a failed rebranding like RR did, I have faith it could come back by Namco Bandai.

Anyway, new IP I say. They earned it.

If I had to choose a classic:
Parasite Eve
Silent Hill
Alundra
Vagrant Story
Legend of the Dragoon
Legend of Legaia (just me... ok)

I'd say Silent Hill probably would be the best fit, or MGS if they could wrestle it away from Konami. Dunno if these 60 hour RPG's would be in there wheelhouse but hell if I'd like to see them try. PE is my most wanted PS1 remake though, I feel like it could come back as a dominant force, as long as they keep the people who made 3rd Birthday the f away from it.

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
9eb3d327d3ea4c25dd7d3be1111fb11e.gif

Jak and Daxter Trilogy, especially Jak II (aka the best in the series) but they won't. They got too big for it.

On the other hand, since they are on the Action/RPG genre a Legend of Dragoon revival would be interesting to see. Or Heavenly Sword.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Anything Legacy of Kain. Hell, start with the original Blood Omen and work through the series!

I think I made myself sad again thinking about this. :(

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
MGS, though is a remake not already to be rumoured? If its a PS brand I agree I would love a new Socom based on 1&2, the one on PS3 was horrid.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because one is known for their Remasters/Remakes and the other one isn't. That's their profession, to modernize old games. And they are very good at it.
They have modernised two games: SotC and Demon's Souls. Every other game was a port of a game launching (Titanfall) or a "remastered" port that had no real changes.

You know nothing about what they want long term.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
COLONY WARS trilogy PSVRemake, easy.

They could bring back Space Opera to the PlayStation family, dip their toes into VR development and even add a Multiplayer mode to it.

It's a win/win/win situation.

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Honestly wanting Bluepoint to make a original game just seems weird. So they've done nothing but ports and remasters before and two graphical remakes? What about this would make you excited about an original game by this studio? Is it just because of the graphics?

Exist 2 Inspire