• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So OJ Simpson was trialed for the murder of his wife in 1994 and was found not guilty when he was placed on trial. However, a civil court did find him guilty overall. So I was wondering, what do you all think of this case? I mean, I think he did it because the blood matched his DNA found at the crime scene and he was noted to be abusive and possessive towards his wife. The only flimsy thing is that the lead detective was racist and some think he tampered with the evidence.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll put it this way

Does it seem like he's spent a lot of time and effort to find the real killer to you

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Good lawyers got him off for the murder charges. Happens all the time with rich people (aided this time because he's black and the police can't help themselves when that happens).

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember we actually stopped class when I was in middle school to watch the fucking verdict come down.

Even then I knew he did it lol

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I'm actually on the "OJ is innocent of the murder, but conspired to cover it up" train.
There's an interesting theory that Jason Simpson was responsible, which would explain a lot of that.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say there's a 50/50 shot he did it.

Though there's only a 10% chance of that.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
He did it, but the investigation was completely fucked up. The LAPD was(is?) crooked as hell. The detective involved, Fuhrman, had talked on tape using racist slurs, talked about beating black people, and planting evidence. O.J. was defenitely not going to be found guilty after that stuff came into evidence.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
He is obviously innocent. That's he spent all his energy all these years trying to find the real killer.

Wait...

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
He's guilty as shit, but that's on LAPD for fucking that up.

Honestly the fact that LAPD says he did it might be the biggest reason I'd believe he's innocent. If they weren't so eager to pin crimes on Black people that maybe they'd have done their due diligence then maybe we wouldn't have ad to ask this question. It's just that OJ Simpson had enough money and goodwill that they couldn't work their typical routine.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He probably did it, but I wasn't angry that he was found innocent. Real talk- white America took the wrong lesson from the trial. It wasn't a black murderer getting off from killing two white people, it was a rich murderer getting off from killing two people who were not as privileged. It should have been a watershed moment for criminal justice reform.

Our criminal justice system is broken. OJ Simpson was just a symptom.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
He's guilty. It's actually pretty interesting to see this topic since I've been listening to a multi-part podcast series on the case from You're Wrong About. The first episodes cover Nicole's life and her time with OJ including decades of abuse and coming away from just those episodes, it's pretty astounding to think that anyone believed this outcome wasn't obvious with the signs on display.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually similar to the Steve Avery debacle, albeit with a different verdict. Steve Avery is quite possibly guilty as sin but he should not be in prison as he wasnt given anything even approaching due process or a fair trial and due to police incompetence. OJ is definitely guilty as sin but walked due to police incompetence.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
He totally did it but the police and prosecution fucked up badly. It should've been a slam dunk but once Furhman perjured himself it was over.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it was the perfect storm of shit that our justice system is bad at handling normally anyways. Celebrity, money, racism, sexism, shitty science, domestic abuse, spectacle (thinking of "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit", the Bronco, people freaking out over the DA's hairdo, CNN and 24 hour news cycles, and other shit here), following procedure, police department bullshittery, the handling of the jury system from jury manipulation to welfare of jurors, and on and on. It really highlighted just how fucked up our country is.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the story of the LAPD trying to incompetently frame the actual guiltiest person of all time.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I think it was the perfect storm of shit that our justice system is bad at handling normally anyways. Celebrity, money, racism, sexism, shitty science, spectacle (thinking of "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit", the Bronco, people freaking out over the DA's hairdo, CNN and 24 hour news cycles, and other shit here), following procedure, police department bullshittery, the handling of the jury system from jury manipulation to welfare of jurors, and on and on. It really highlighted just how fucked up our country is.
True. It really did have nearly everything, didn't it? Good thing we learned valuable lessons from that shit show and are now a more just country because of it. /s

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
99% chance he did it.

I understand there's weird evidence proving he did it and some that actually contradicts it.

I'm quite into looking up stuff about serial killers, disappearances, crazy stuff like that.

The cops fucked up badly.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I think he did it.

I think the LAPD and DA deserved to lose that case. Chickens came home to roost on those corrupt mother fuckers

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People really really need to watch the ESPN documentary on this. The thread makes it clear many haven't. The "cops just screwed it up and that's why he walked" narrative does the story a great disservice. There's almost 0 chance he didn't do it but the reason he walked is more complicated than just having money or the police messing up.