PabloTheThird

Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys think Panic Button's new port could be? I'm thinking it could be Fallout 4 or maybe even 76 because of the partnership they have with Bethesda. What do you guys think and explain why you think it's their next port !

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I came in here thinking there was actual news on it even though deep down I knew there wouldn't be.

Edit: title changed now lol

If it's Fallout 76 then I'm in but I don't think that's it. I could have seen it being Fallout 4 but after they said what they did I'm not sure it's Fallout 4 either. I really have no idea what to expect but whatever it is I'm sure it'll be something we all think has no business running on a Switch. I'd love GTAV personally. I still haven't played through it and it would be convenient since it's not the sort of game I want my kid to see on the tv

Edit 2: now that I'm thinking about it, whatever it is could likely be online focused. This is purely speculation but I think Nintendo will info dump everything about their online in a direct some time before launch. Panic Button's port getting announced during that presentation makes sense to me, especially after Reggie said they still have more surprises and information this year.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
I think it could be Doom Eternal. They said they'd be announcing it "in the next month" which would be faaaairly close to the timescale for Quakecon, where we know that we're getting first gameplay of it.

On Twitter a couple of months back the studio head of PB tweeted that they were showing the whole studio "a trailer for our next major project". If this is the Switch game then it could be something that isn't out yet. I don't see why they'd show a trailer for something already out on other platforms.

I'd cream myself if it was New Vegas but it won't be.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm..... Rage 2 maybe? I feel like Bethesda would go with Iron Galaxy again for their BGS games, as they did Skyrim, otherwise I would say Fallout 4.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda did say that they don't see a reason now why they wouldn't have Switch versions releasing day and date with the other versions of they were doing a Switch version so maybe it is Rage.... would be awesome if true - a good looter shooter on a handheld would be sooooo good.

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
I want it to be Doom Eternal.

On a side note, I think there's money to be made for these older games that a) haven't been released in a while, b) haven't ever been on a Nintendo platform before, and c) have never been portable before. GTAV, RDR, Fallout 3 & NV, the Spyro remake, and the like. Bring the Switch more stuff!

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd bet on Fallout 4 considering it's on the same engine than Skyrim. But, at the same time, Doom Eternal is the game that makes more sense.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is Wolfenstein Youngblood. Hopefully same date as PS4/Xbox. Would be nice to play it portable first go round.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In order from most to least likely, Fallout 4, Diablo 3, Wolfenstein: Young Blood.

Toys for Bob ported Crash so they'll probably port Spyro too

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Wolfenstein and Doom (DLC/sequel) were already confirmed for Switch...

And why wouldn't those be made for Switch in-house while they're still in development in general? Seems weird to put it out for multiple platforms and then get someone else to do the Switch version.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's a port of one of the older Fallout games. Fallout Shelter on Switch seems to be setting it up.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's something with a big online component. Probably not Fallout 76. Probably not Bethesda.

I could see CoD maybe.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Either DOOM or Wolfenstein is my bet. Even if that's not their July announcement, you know they're probably both coming to Switch at some point with PB doing the port.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Hopefully something thats not already a year on the market tbh, Im all in for ports, but too much old ports can never be good for a platform that is basically out for just a year.

Personally hope they team up with THQ and port Darksiders 3 to the switch and let it be (semi) day and date with other platforms. Its running on UE4 so the engine is at least compatible.

Oct 25, 2017
What I dream? Metroid Prime Trilogy.

What I expect? id software something, or maybe another bethesda game. Doom Eternal is a good guess, perhaps with an announcement that it will be released close to the same time as the other console versions.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DOOM Eternal? Even thought they said they may announce something next month (July), the official gameplay reveal is in August.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd give a kidney for either Fallout 3, NV or 4 or Diablo on Switch. Skyrim made me realise how well open world RPGs are suited to handhelds consoles, I want more.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
They don't only work on Bethesda games guys. They did Rocket League too. I'm guessing this will be another online multiplayer game to help sell Nintendo's online service.