Spook & Spell

Aug 3, 2021
fuchikoma-tachikoma.gif

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Mario. It's absolutely mindboggling to me that in the near 40 years they've been in the North American market, Nintendo has never once had any sort of presence in the parade. Especially this year with Mario arguably at his most popular.

Before you say "what about Pikachu!" that's Pokémon Company. Not Nintendo.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
The Super Mario Bros have never had a balloon IIRC, so they should have one 100%.

The TMNT are probably due a balloon - I think they had one back in the original bout of Turtlemania, but now they're all-timer/legacy characters, so they could probably get a newer version.

Has Optimus Prime/Transformers ever had a balloon? If not, that probably should happen.

If we're allowing more anime/manga type stuff...I don't know if anything is both big enough and long-term iconic enough both to mainstream Americans and the rest of the world to be there the same way that Hello Kitty (if we count that as "anime/manga"), Pokemon (specifically Pikachu), Goku and Luffy would be.

If I'm going full memes into dreams? It's time for the parade to embrace its NYCness and have a pair of Timbs as a balloon. Deadass, B.