• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
We live in the age of revivals through remasters and remakes, something amazing for people who missed out on awesome games many years back and for people who want to relive those experiences in the best way possible. The title of this topic is the question I'm asking you guys: what are your most wanted ports/remasters/remakes at this very moment? Here are mine:

1. Ghost Trick Phantom Detective - A game by the creator of Ace Attorney, Shu Takumi. Never got to experience it, but would love to on the Switch.
  2. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes - I'm a huge fan of the Pokemon series. I started with a bootleg cartridge of Leaf Green, but the first one that I actually bought was Pokemon Pearl, and man was I in for a treat with it. The music, the new Pokemon designs, the cities, the characters... PLEASE GAMEFREAK ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY
  3. Uncharted The Golden Abyss - The forgotten PSVita gem of the series. Sony wasted the opportunity to include it in the Nathan Drake Collection. It truly deserves to be remastered for the fans of the series.
  4. Professor Layton Trilogy - This is a no brainer, as the trilogy is already available on mobile platforms, and porting them to Switch shouldn't be too hard after that sweet HD upgrade on iOs and Android.
  5. Yakuza Kenzan Kiwami - People often ask for Yakuza Ishin to be localised on PS4, but Kenzan should be remade first. Daisuke Sato hinted at the possibility of Kenzan getting the Kiwami treatment a year ago, and I'm all in if it gets made. Given Nagoshi's recent comments about Ghost of Tsushima, I'm sure he'd want to show the world what they are capable of when Japan makes its own Feudal Japan-period game. Also, Yakuza is the best series ever, period, so anything Yakuza is pure gold for me.
Honorable mentions:
Metal Gear Solid 1-Peace Walker collection - One of the greatest series ever made, would be awesome to see 1, 2 Sustance, 3 Subsistance, 4 and Peace Walker all on the same package (remastered and all, maybe even remade in the Fox Engine).
Silent Hill 1-4 collection - Konami needs to get these games available for future generations. True gems that absolutely need to be experienced.

Last edited:

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Resident Evil Code: Veronica remake and Silent Hill remake are the first two that immediately come to mind.

A 3D, first or third-person remake of Metroid Fusion with fully-fledged, dynamic SA-X encounters would be awesome too.

Remasters of Mass Effect, Dead Space, and the Ratchet & Clank Future series (especially with the new game coming to PS5).

That's more than five, I know.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Right now my friends have me wanting LoH 3-5 relocalized and more faithful to the PC versions.

I really also think that MT1-2 and SMT1-2 should be localized and ported all over the place. SMT1 was already localized for mobile. Making that version accessible again would be a start.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Remakes:

I. Final Fantasy VI
II. Chrono Trigger
III. Persona 3 FES
IV. Metal Gear Solid
V. Earthbound

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Mother 3 on Switch
Persona 5 Royal on Switch
FFIX Remake on PS5/XSX/PC, but true to the original style, scale, scope, and combat

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
1. Metal Gear Solid--Don't need anything more than just porting it to modern hardware. I dunno how they'd handle Mantis with wireless controllers though. I just want the opportunity to replay the game (if it came with the Integral content/VR missions, that'd be great).
2. EA's Strike series. I wouldn't mind a compilation of the genesis and playstation games, although a new remake would be nice--honestly a sorta throwback style game, tongue in cheek callbacks to 1990s zeitgeist could be fun.

I'm sure if I give it some more thought I could come up with three more, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I entered the thread to mention Ghost Trick...
Nice, OP! It is really a great game, in my top 5 of all-time favorites, I hope you get to experience it soon on Switch! :D

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
1. Mario Collection
2. Metroid Prime Trilogy
3. Fallout 3/Oblivion Remasters
4. Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster

coma

Oct 28, 2017
1. Final Fantasy Tactics
2. Final Fantasy Tactics
3. Final Fantasy Tactics
4. Final Fantasy Tactics
5. Final Fantasy Tactics

nss

Apr 10, 2018
- Killzone 2

- Warhawk

- Lumines

- Super Mario Galaxy 1/2

- MGS 1/2/3

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
1. Dissida Final Fantasy 012 Duodecim
2. Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
3. Ratchet and Clank Future collection (all 4 games)
4. Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection (already have it on PS3 but want it on PS4 and PC)
5. Mass Effect Trilogy (with all DLC)

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost Trick is actually really nice on an iPad if you have one. I just played through it on the iPad Pro a couple months ago, and think it's actually my preferred way to play it, because the visuals are so much better than the DS version. The touch controls also work just as well if not better, imo.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Breath of Fire & BoF2 remakes done in the style of 3 & 4
Ghost Babel remake with the Fox Engine
Final Fantasy 6 with Brave Exvius style sprites
Persona franchise on PC
Metal Gear franchise on PC

OP
OP
Neil98

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Ghost Trick is actually really nice on an iPad if you have one. I just played through it on the iPad Pro a couple months ago, and think it's actually my preferred way to play it, because the visuals are so much better than the DS version. The touch controls also work just as well if not better, imo.
I know about the mobile port, but I wish it were on Switch, as I don't have a very good phone :'(

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill 2 done right, either as a remaster or as a remake. Shame about Guy Cihi being crazy but I'd still want his voice in the remaster.

The Dead Space trilogy (Dead Space 1, Dead Space Extraction, Dead Space 2) could use a great remaster. DS1/2 were gorgeous on PC but some texture/lighting/LoD/physics updates could really make them shine on next-gen consoles.

I'd be into a Vagrant Story remake for sure. And, even though it's gotten remastered pretty competently, I'd actually be very much into a lush, modern-looking Final Fantasy X remake that kept the mechanics of the CTB battle system.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Chibi-Robo!! so I don't have to spend $300-400 to play a mild curiosity.

I guess the same can be said for other expensive old games like Panzer Dragoon Saga.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately it's not a canon game, and the only way I could see it re-releasing is through the Switch Game Boy Color Online service in the future (and I'd play the hell out of it ;) )
Doesn't need to be a canon game; they could use it as the basis for a franchise reboot/alternate timeline spinoff away from Kojima convolution and continuity.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Are we talking our ideal versions or the realistic ones made by companies as they are today?

If ideal:
Final Fantasy 4 and 6: all modern games with voice acting. FF7 Remake but not broken up. Turn based or not, I'm fine with either, just different combat for each and none reusing the FF7 combat (I like it, but would want something different)

MGS Legacy Collection on PC: I'd be happy with just straight ports. I'd love to see remakes too but that's beyond the scope of the question.

ME Trilogy: yeah, it's happening but it's still one of my most wanted. I'm also still nervous they messed with it somehow.

Batman NES: 2D sidescroller like the original using either 8-bit style graphics or modern pixel art but expanded with a bunch of new levels, moves, and weapons. Maybe some vehicle stuff... maybe. Doesn't need to follow the movie's story since the original barely did anyway. My absolute pie in the sky version of this has Naoki Kodaka come back to do the score.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
1. Tactics Ogre port
2. FF Tactics port
3. Valkyrie Profile port
4. Ghost Trick port
5. Shadow Hearts series remaster

That's all I need. I'm not asking for much!

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
it already exists technically but since it's never going to get localized: i just want umineko saku on my switch. blease

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 4 Remake
  2. Final Fantasy 8 Remake
  3. Morrowind Remaster
  4. Oblivion Remaster
  5. Fallout 3 Remaster
  6. GTA: Vice City Remaster (soundtrack must not be touched)

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Fallout 1 and 2 - Keep the isometric, but modernize the UI and have better onboarding.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas - Just fix that shit so it runs half decent on modern hardware without needing a mod guide

Mass Effect trilogy - Played ME2 a little bit on PS3, but wasn't as into RPG's at the time (outside of Fallout). Would love to give the series another chance and am waiting for remasters.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - just a simple remaster will do, please.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
All mainline-ish Zelda, Mario and Metroid games should be playable on the latest Nintendo system. Many are classics that still hold up great.

Sony mostly just needs to bring back the PS1 and PS2 games that are already on PSN for PS3. And all Ratchet & Clank plus ICO.

Res-bot

Nov 11, 2017
Metal Gear Solid 3 - just use the Bluepoint port.

I wonder how many requests here will see a re-release in at least an 'uprez' form on next gen consoles? Should be a quick port for most games with the added bonus of marketing it as a 4K 60fps remaster.

I won't be surprised to see re-releases on ps5, Xbox X versions of Resident Evil 0, 1 4, 5 and 6 again =P

BWHough

Prophet of Truth
May 14, 2020
1) Super Mario 3D Collection - I grew up on Super Mario 64, and only became more in love with the franchise with Super Mario Sunshine on the GCN and Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii. To me, these games represent gaming at its absolute best - pure, unadulterated fun. Bonus points if Nintendo puts the care and attention into the package that it deserves, enhancing each respective game (especially Super Mario 64, which hasn't aged quite as gracefully as the other two).

2) Pokémon Let's Go Johto - AKA, Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes in the same vein as Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. I know this is a bit of a controversial pick, but I had such a blast playing LGPE and I found that the new wild Pokémon system really, really worked for me. Bonus points on this one if they give players a sort of official "Hard Mode" – my biggest complaint of the previous Let's Go game was that the game was significantly easier than it should have been.

3) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD - SS is actually my least favorite modern game of the franchise, but I think it could be redeemed if they made it play more like a traditional 3D Zelda game, removing the Motion Plus nonsense that, lets be real here, didn't really work well to begin. I know the Motion Plus was integral to the very design philosophy of the game, so this one in particular might be a tougher ask than the previous two, but I think it could be done while keeping the spirit of the original version of the game largely intact.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Infamous 1&2 on the second son engine.
MGS1-4.
Wind Waker on Switch, always wanted to play it but never had whatever console it ran on.

Red Ogre

Jul 19, 2019
Under the box, Madrid
  • Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Remakes, both in the same package. The first game a prologue of the second, like Ground Zeroes or the Tanker.
  • Soul Reaver Remake.
  • Remasters of Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1&2, 3D World.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
1. Trails in the Sky Trilogy Switch port
2. Sakura Wars 1-4 Remakes
3. FFIX Remake
4. Dragon Quest VIII Remaster with the enhancements from the 3DS version and better visuals
5. Kingdom Hearts Switch ports

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Remakes:
1. Resident Evil - Yes, remake the remake with the team behind RE2R and get new Jill in there. The mansion is still the best RE location.
2. Red Dead Redemption - Half the work is done already, it's crazy that this hasn't happened yet.
3. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
4. DuckTales - Uncharted but with Scrooge and co. from the new cartoon
5. TMNT: Tournament Fighters - Get Netherrealm on it. They nailed the boys so perfectly in the IJ2 DLC.

Remasters:
1. XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Get it in next gen consoles. It's still better than the second game.
2. Dead Space Trilogy
3. The Simpsons: Hit & Run - Don't want a remake of this as there would likely be way too much post-season 10 Simpsons stuff put in and would crap it up real good. Just give me the original but make it prettier.
4. Ninja Gaiden Black
5. Warhammer 40K: Space Marine - This underrated game deserves to continue to live on modern platforms.

Ports:
1. TMNT: The Arcade Game & Turtles in Time - Put these on a modern console for the love of all things holy.
2. American Truck Simulator - Get it on next-gen consoles.
3. Resident Evil (PS1) Trilogy
4. Alice: Madness Returns
5. Escape From Tarkov - Probably too mechanically complex to get on a console, bur try anyway.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Complete remakes, i.e. extreme makeovers on the level of Metroid: Zero Mission or FFVII Remake that enhance gameplay while keeping most of the original charm:
  1. (tie)Final Fantasy V/VI - Instead of going the action-RPG route, I want to see these adapt the openness of FFXII's Gambit systems and more sandbox/MMO-lite world. The characters themselves deserve to be expanded upon in the style of FFVII:R
  2. System Shock 2 & Deus Ex - Imagine the adding greater physics and systemic detail to these already-deep games to take them to a BotW-level reactive world. Deus Ex, especially would be more relevant in today's times.
  3. Terranigma - Overhaul the combat and magic so players use both. The mid-game kingdom-building would get vastly expanded on to make communism a viable option instead of a strawman without progress. In addition, fill up some plot holes and add extra choices throughout the game to create a world that organically reacts to your decisions.
  4. Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal & Deadlocked - Avoid the pitfalls of the 2016 remake by keeping GC's story and writing. Build on 2016's gameplay and level design to modern levels. UYA especially deserves a writing and platforming overhaul to make up for the rushed development.
  5. Anachronox - This amazingly-written game cannot go further unignored. The Chrono Trigger-esque combat and adventure game puzzles cry out for modern updates on top of audiovisual updates. It desrves another chance at fame so we can get sequels.
Runner-up: Tyrian 2000, Xenosaga trilogy, Xenogears, Chrono Cross

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Remakes, in no particular order.
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Killzone 2 (mostly for MP)
  • Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
  • Turok
  • Midnight Club
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Max Payne 1/2
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
1. Persona 5 Royal on PC
2. Bloodborne on PC
3. Persona 3 FES on PC
4. Uhhh?
5. I can't think of anything I'd want remade or "remastered"

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
My list could be very extensive so I'll just mention some of them.
I want all Vanillaware on my Switch. Also Rare Replay.