turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
1. My family is away for a while
2. I don't know shit about making drinks
3. I want to get reasonably fucked up
4. I didn't buy any of this, it's just what is on hand

Here's what was in the cabinet that is either alcohol or next to the alcohol. Can a pro turn this ragtag crew of bottles into some good mixed drinks? I also have coke zero and almond milk in the fridge lol

IMG_5072.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg

That's not a good selection for coke, you usually want brown liquor for that.

If you don't mind going to the store, grab yourself a can of Monster, a can of Four Loco green apple. Mix them together then add a healthy pour of the Espolon Tequila.

Beaver

Jul 26, 2022
This bad boy to start with, then some nice wines for dinner and a cheaper cremant for midnight. It always fels like quite a waste to drink expensive champagne when you are as drunk as I usually am at midnight on New year's.
gosset-grande-reserve-75cl.jpg

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
Most likely some sparkling wine. (Cava, dry Freixenet or similar)
Plenty of tap water as well.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Here's what was in the cabinet that is either alcohol or next to the alcohol. Can a pro turn this ragtag crew of bottles into some good mixed drinks? I also have coke zero and almond milk in the fridge lol

Malibu and Pina Colada mix will go fine.
Malubu is not as strong as rum though so you can add more than recommended.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Probably just some prosecco or some shit. Having new year's dinner at a restaurant for the first time in my life so I'm not sure how that shit works lol

IMG_5072.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg

I've always loved just Malibu and Coke, but I like sweet drinks over sour.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands

IMG_5072.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg
Your can make margaritas!

2 shots tequila, 1 shot grand Marnier, 0.5 shot agave syrup, 1.5 limes squeezed and shake with ice. (You'll have to figure out how sweet you want it and how much syrup you add)

Or throw it in a blender with ice cubes for frozen margaritas.

Even better, buy some frozen strawberries and throw a bunch of those in there for frozen strawberry margarita.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Probably just the usual IPAs, a bit of Maker's Mark, and a bottle of champagne to share with my wife (she usually has Bloody Marys). We're not going anywhere this year, so we're free to get sloshed if desired.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
I like to crush up a soda cracker and sprinkle it over a tupperware bowl of room temperature tap water which I then lap up like a fucking doggo. Or, if I'm feeling frisky I'll sip it from the neck of my grandma's neti pot!

Bessy67

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got some decent bourbon from a co-worker for Christmas so I'll probably try that and maybe polish off my Lagavulin 16 scotch.

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
I'll be popping the cork on my usual Martini Asti, specifically a bottle I've had since March. Otherwise probably sip at some beers over the course of the day/night. I'm a slow drinker.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
A looooot of beer. We will be celebrating downtown Lisbon so it'll be crowded and the clubs are generally too expensive to get in. So a lot of street drinking and eating.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Im gonna make wings and spinach artichoke dip. Maybe a glass of Champlain but that's prob it. Lost my taste for alcohol a year or two ago and always dreaded going out NYE

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
There's a strong 80% we aren't staying up until midnight. If we do, well my spouse is 5 years sober so that means I'm also 5 years sober so I guess soda? Maybe a cup of coffee also.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I plan on behaving myself, so most likely soda of some kind. I quite like the sugarless Dr Pepper at the moment.

I'm not really celebrating the new year anyway, so probably will end up with a couple mugs of chamomile tea in my system then having an early night.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Lots of high quality craft beer and some wine. Then in February I'm going dry for minimum 90 days - could be a year. Who knows. Itll be like that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer wants to see how far he can drive the car with no gas. 😂 (we have some beach vacations planned in January that im not willing to turn down the booze yet).

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I got the kids, 4 years in a row now. I'm being nice and letting the ex go out and drink like a 21 year old. I'm on call for work anyway.
We got sparkling grape juice, lots of Uno Flip and legos will be had.

But boy New Years Day, that's my day. No kids, two days off the 1st and 2nd, playoff bowl games! Badgers start it off at 11. My fridge is stocked with THC/CBD seltzers and my favorite local craft beers. Cannot wait!
I've always been more excited for NYD, bowls and beers.