• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Oh man that first one. Imagine seeing her and then having an NPC at the base camp die for you having looked at her like legend states. This could mean areas we have to progress through without getting her into your line of sight.

Jason also pointing towards FROM's usual release schedule in March-April 2020.I hope these titles are spaced up properly lol. Next year will be insane.

ROFL FF7R next year? No fucking way.

Mar 23, 2018
The book Faeries by Brian Froud (concept artist for Labyrinth/The Dark Crystal) and Alan Lee (concept artist for LOTR) has lots of lore and amazing pictures:

Other than that, have a look at some of the fairytales of the region. There are lots of different versions of these creatures and stories.

Thank you! That looks like the kind of stuff I would be creeped out of when I was a kid
And probably as an adult, too

Hmmm yeah, if this is what's happening and they're including stuff like this, it could very well be one of those games I'm too spooked of to finish LOL That doesn't mean I wouldn't like it, though.

om_devan

May 14, 2018
Based on what Omni said I have a theory that the game is based in the fictional city of Braavos from Westeros.
Maybe I'm completely wrong but there are lots of hints I'm reading that point to that conclusion.
Omnipotent mention both D.W and D.B who created the tv show game of thrones. Maybe the game takes inspiration from the tv show version of Braavos, in terms of world design and aesthetics.
Next, Omni mentioned there won't be lions or stags etc which means the game won't feature playing as one of the main houses. Lion is the sigil of Lannisters and stag is Baratheon symbol.

Another hint is that Braavos is basically a cluster of islands surrounded by water so the clues about encounters with sailors and sirens would fit.

But I feel like the biggest connection is when you combine three hints "feasts for crows" "social cat" and "Titan".
Arya's journey to Braavos happens in "feast for crows" book. During this time in the city she was nicknamed "cat of the canals" and there is a colossal "Titan" statue right at the entrance to Braavos.

Maybe I'm very off base here, but these clues are really jumping out at me and I wanted to get my theory out. and I have hyped myself for a Westeros game by From now :)
Very interesting...

Sorry, this is very clever and all but... it's not ASoIaF/GoT-related, Omni's post was very clear on that. He said anyone expecting that would be eating crow, which is a saying that means they'd have to admit being wrong.
"Though for people grabbing their horned helms, gjallarhorn's and carving runes into their shields may end up feasting on crows to say the least"
Based on that Omni's statement, eating crows seems to only apply to those who believe Norse/Great Rune rumor though.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Based on what Omni said I have a theory that the game is based in the fictional city of Braavos from Westeros.
Maybe I'm completely wrong but there are lots of hints I'm reading that point to that conclusion.
Omnipotent mention both D.W and D.B who created the tv show game of thrones. Maybe the game takes inspiration from the tv show version of Braavos, in terms of world design and aesthetics.
Next, Omni mentioned there won't be lions or stags etc which means the game won't feature playing as one of the main houses. Lion is the sigil of Lannisters and stag is Baratheon symbol.

Another hint is that Braavos is basically a cluster of islands surrounded by water so the clues about encounters with sailors and sirens would fit.

But I feel like the biggest connection is when you combine three hints "feasts for crows" "social cat" and "Titan".
Arya's journey to Braavos happens in "feast for crows" book. During this time in the city she was nicknamed "cat of the canals" and there is a colossal "Titan" statue right at the entrance to Braavos.

Maybe I'm very off base here, but these clues are really jumping out at me and I wanted to get my theory out. and I have hyped myself for a Westeros game by From now :)
Sorry, this is very clever and all but... it's not ASoIaF/GoT-related, Omni's post was very clear on that. He said anyone expecting that would be eating crow, which is a saying that means they'd have to admit being wrong.

Omni said that those grabbing their gjallarhorn's and carving runes into their shields would end up feasting on crows. That is explicitly referring to the rumored Norse theme.

Regarding ASoIaF, Omni said that those expecting battles between lions, wolves, stags, and giddorah's, clear allegories to the great houses of Lannister, Stark, Baratheon, and Targaryen would end up disappointed. As Mani says, there would be no battles between the great Westerosi houses in a game set in Essos.

I do like the theory, though Braavos has always had more of a Venetian feel rather than a Scottish one, and that Scotland reference in Omni's post is pretty in your face.

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
"A Feast of Crows" is where A Song of Ice and Fire started its downward spiral. I do not want that book associated with a FromSoft game.

Nessii013

May 31, 2019

I feel like this may be a bit offbase because that hint seemed to imply Scotland with the capital letters, with UK in the next paragraph. The capital letters in the first few paragraphs also imply a different universe than GOT.

That being said, I would LOVE it if it turned out to be set in the GOT/ASOIAF universe, but I feel like the hints in Omni's message imply otherwise. Regardless, I'm excited!

Laziness

Apr 19, 2018
How this whole GOT thing is still alive? I mean - wouldn't we be aware of the new game a long time ago? Cuz of the rights, trademarks, etc, and the fact what it's all goes public, you simply can't hide someone (FROM in our case) getting rights to make GOT game. We were aware about "someone now making GOT game" long before anouncment of Telltale Games project, so this case should be no different, right? Perhaps the game will borrow a lot from there, but no way it's GOT franchise, with it's characters and stuff.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Very interesting...

"Though for people grabbing their horned helms, gjallarhorn's and carving runes into their shields may end up feasting on crows to say the least"
Based on that Omni's statement, eating crows seems to only apply to those who believe Norse/Great Rune rumor though.
Omni said that those grabbing their gjallarhorn's and carving runes into their shields would end up feasting on crows. That is explicitly referring to the rumored Norse theme.

Regarding ASoIaF, Omni said that those expecting battles between lions, wolves, stags, and giddorah's, clear allegories to the great houses of Lannister, Stark, Baratheon, and Targaryen would end up disappointed. As Mani says, there would be no battles between the great Westerosi houses in a game set in Essos.

I do like the theory, though Braavos has always had more of a Venetian feel rather than a Scottish one, and that Scotland reference in Omni's post is pretty in your face.
Ok true I mixed them up but the previous line clearly says not to expect ASoIaF. C'mon guys.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017

"Though I should also mention that I think people expecting battles between lions, wolves, stags and giddorah's might end up disappointed, there is no Feast for Crows here"

It's dizzying how you managed to twist an obvious and relatively straightforward repudiation of any connection with ASoIaF into somehow supporting the now debunked theory that this is some kind of GoT game. I know the post is cryptic, but come on.

FYI the D&D/Tabletop reference is to Dungeons and Dragons and intended to confirm the game is indeed an RPG with "old school inspirations." And the "Social Cat Or Titan, this Land" bit is a reference to Scotland, which is corroborated by a UK reference shortly thereafter.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
It's dizzying how you managed to twist an obvious and relatively straightforward repudiation of any connection with ASoIaF into somehow supporting the now debunked theory that this is some kind of GoT game. I know the post is cryptic, but come on.
Right?
"A madman sees what he sees" ;)

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
I'll take any game from them. I love From and all of their output. It can be in the world of GOT or any other make believe world.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting really excited about this. The customization and multiplayer components sounds really great. Also being probably a cross gen game makes more more excited to try it at release and then an updated version for next gen consoles. At least for me it sounds perfect before the inevitable full next gen Dark Souls 4 or Bloodborne 2. Bring it on FROM!!!!!

Kanethered

May 29, 2019
Dafuq It still saying Hidden Content.(Never mind, forgot to press the Spoiler button :O)

Last edited:

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
57188.jpg

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Well, rumor has it we'll be seeing at least
the next 3D Zelda and 3D Mario
in 2020, so that on top of everything aforementioned is just pure insanity.

That GOTY battle will be one for the ages. TLOU2, Zelda, Cyberpunk and From's new game (I know it's unlikely to win and even if it's awesome).

Also, thank you so much Omnipotent ! You gave us so many hints and more than enough to be satiated until E3 IMO.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

That would be great!