Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017

She said she was committed to keeping Thanksgiving as great as possible while keeping in mind we have several people we will be giving leftovers to. She has already bought all the food containers, bags, and has hand made cards for them all. Let me take a moment to tell the Internet how absolutely *amazing* my wife is. Seriously. She is one of a kind. She does NOT fuck around. She's like Martha Stewart, June Cleaver, and Phoenix Marie rolled into one badass package.

Nov 15, 2020
Thanksgiving is big in our family but the attendance has been halved and halved the point where it will just be me and my folks -- and even that feels like pushing it. They've been taking the virus seriously and we've each been isolating as much as possible the past week. But bubbles only work when you can keep them, and so far I know my mom visited my aunt, my dad is still going to his office job, and I have a dental visit next week I am trying to reschedule to just about any other week on the calendar.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Quiet night at home with my partner on the actual day. Going to make some sides and eat pie the next day, when my kids come for the weekend.

Not doing any larger family stuff.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I'll make a nice meal for my wife and I, we'll hang out, have a few drinks. Which is pretty much what we've normally done in recent years, as we're Canadians living in the U.S. and our families already did Canadian Thanksgiving back in October.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Making Gobbler-style* sandwiches for my family that will be distributed under a covered pavilion at a local park so we don't have to worry about plates, silverware, etc. Won't be seeing my wife's family because they are all acting like COVID is not a thing.

* - I've never had one of these or even been to a Wawa, but people seem to love them so I am going to do my best.

Grugga Pug

Nov 5, 2017
Going up to my parents place. My sister tested positive for COVID early last week, but has already come back negative. I'll have been two and a half weeks by the time I go up, so I think it'll be safe to be around her.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
This Thanksgiving was just going to be my best friend and her mom. We live in the same apartment complex and celebrated Thanksgiving last year as well so I was hoping it could become some sort of tradition.

Her roommate is one of my ex-friends who I no longer associate myself with due to his actions. We all work together andI work with him just fine and have small talk from time to time still. We're adults so I'm not going to just ignore his existence.

Well today at work he told my best friend that if I show up to the apartment he will be moving out and she will have to pay the rent alone. He will be at work all day and will not even be home. Obviously I'm not going to put my best friend in the situation of having to pay rent alone so I simply said I could pick up some holiday hours tomorrow instead.

I played it off like it wasn't a big deal since my best friend was nearly in tears over this and I didn't want to make her feel bad. But honestly I was really looking forward to it. I bought her mom a gift already, bought all the ingredients and have the Turkey defrosting in the fridge rn.

I'm honestly not in the mood to go work so I'll probably just stay home and play video games or watch TV. I just feel shitty about how I'm so disliked that I can't even be in the apartment.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Working, but I'm using PTO to get off a few hours early. Then having dinner with my parents (who I live with) and brother and sister.

Brother is deep frying a turkey, which is my favorite way to have it.

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing really. I'm Canadian and all my family lives on the other side of the country.

But I work for a US company so I have two days "off" which is pretty sweet.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I'll be doing dinner with my parents as I do every week (normally on Friday nights, but moved up this week).

They're my bubble and the only people I see on a regular basis outside my own household for the last seven months.

Oct 29, 2017
Making dinner for the missus and myself. We were initially planning on going to her parent's since they're retired and live in the country, but then her fucking father decided to go golfing with some maskless randos and ruin it for everyone else.

SOBOSLDR

Nov 27, 2017
It's just my wife and our son chilling with turkey and fixns. I got the turkey breast and thighs brining already.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Going to my aunt's with my parents and have Thanksgiving dinner there. Pretty much what I do every year.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
Cooking turkey with my girlfriend who I live with and wishing family members a happy thanksgiving through text messages lol.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
We rented out my parents' church's gathering hall where we can all spread out. Ventilation, masks, only like 6 or 7 of us. Taking a ton precautions. I still feel weird about it, but we're all local.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Zoom Thanksgiving. I bought a rotisserie chicken because there's no way I'm making a whole turkey for myself.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. Can't visit family because of COVID, so I'll just be enjoying my work vacation by playing lots of WoW and watching football with some takeout Chinese.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sitting at home waiting on Covid test results since a family member just got a positive after visiting us multiple times last week... while waiting on their test to come through because evidently they didn't feel well. I don't.. understand people.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Eating a Dr. Oetker pizza, looking forward to it!

I am doing fucking homework, fucking Nuclear Engineering major, why did I do this to myself?

14351.jpg

Sitting at home waiting on Covid test results since a family member just got a positive after visiting us multiple times last week... while waiting on their test to come through because evidently they didn't feel well. I don't.. understand people.

No more visits going forward. Stay safe, wishing you good luck on your results!

Going to my aunt's with my parents and have Thanksgiving dinner there. Pretty much what I do every year.

What's it like living in New Zealand?

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
Going to my mom and stepdad's house with my daughter. Afterwards I'm dropping her off with my ex at her great grandparents house. Her mom has a big family, but she was the only one invited because she's the only one that takes the pandemic seriously.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Making red beans and rice and candied rillons, alone. My parents are going to my grandma's house so I'm staying away from that

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty disconcerting to hear a lot of folks here still deciding to gather with their families. December and January will be a disaster.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
My mom still insists on cooking a Thanksgiving meal, so we're going to go by and pick ours up, then set up a Zoom call while we all eat together.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Having a small Thanksgiving dinner with my dad and his husband. I'm living in their house currently. His husband is a fucking phenomenal cook so I can't wait.

I'll be sitting at a different table like I have been already. I am an essential worker and can't risk getting them sick as they are both in their 60s/70s. My dad also has a bad history of health.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Wife and I staying in just the two of us, we'll video chat the parents.

She ordered a full Thanksgiving meal kit from our supermarket that's probably meant to feed 6 people lol, we'll eat till we are comatose and pass out..leftovers for days.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Small gathering with my immediate family.

Same as every year. Our extended family is scattered around the US, so it's been years since we've all gotten together in one spot (especially as all of us cousins have gotten older and have our own things going on).