shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
There are a number of small independent record shops around the Boston area. Big local chain is Newbury Comics, which has their own imprint and probably 10 or 20 stores in MA and RI. I like Planet Records near Harvard Square, and Somerville Groove in Union Square. Been meaning to check out Nuggets by Fenway, and In Your Ear down by BU

I really miss the places in Chicago though. Dusty Groove for jazz, Shuga for lots of cool psych stuff, and Reckless for everything else, all within walking distance of each other. Saw Kikagaku Moyo play at Shuga once it was nuts

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Abysmal. Two different record stores run by retired guys who have no interest in remaining relevant. They don't participate in Record Store Day and only buy/sell used things they like. It's a total crap shoot.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
The main store I go to in the Inland Empire (So-Cal) is Mad Platter. Sometimes they have what I'm hunting for and sometimes they don't. They've recently started overhauling by downsizing their CD and novelty item sections and bringing in more vinyl.

There's also a relatively new store called Rat Hole Records. Haven't gone in much. It's a tiny shop that has a lot cool bootleg stuff.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Lot of record shops scattered around NYC.

There's a great one near Washington Square, and I always forget the name.