AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Musical tracks containing lyrics in video games are often... not good. From my experience, I feel. But some of them are very good! Let's discuss these ones.

One of my favorites has got to be last year's Devil Trigger from DMC5. Shit is so fucking awesome. Everytime I hear it, it pumps me full of energy.

Hopefully whoever produced this song is brought back for DMC6.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work

Do lyrics that are in some language (I believe it's French based though) made for the game count?
Cause if so this

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
*insert XCX music here*

excuse while im stuck on a different planet

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Been listening to this one a lot recently.

The songs in Kingdom Hearts are fun too.

There's probably more songs than I can even think of off the top of my head that I like. I'm actually a big fan of lyrics in game songs. Nier, Metal Gear Rising, Persona, The World Ends with You, and Xenoblade X are all good examples.

Also I hate to admit it, but I've always loved Sonic butt rock too.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

Could easily have been Python at their peak.

Also:

Last edited:

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the best Bond theme.

There are probably hundreds I could pick, but instead of clogging up the thread, I opted for Rivers In The Desert. I'm not the biggest fan of Persona 5, but boy that track absolutely fuckin' slaps.

I loved when it came on in game, speaking of Persona I've always loved Mass Destruction

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I also have to express my deep and abiding love for the *entire* Sonic R soundtrack.

And, for that matter, the entire Metropolis Street Racer soundtrack.

I put it to you that there is no better pure cheesy pop in videogames.

Deleted member 61326

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
COLORS WEAVE INTO A SPIRAL OF FLAME

DISTANT SPARKS CALL TO A PAST STILL UNNAMED

BEAR THIS TORCH AGAINST THE COLD OF THE NIGHT

SEARCH YOUR SOUL AND REAWAKEN THE UNDYING LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and I should also mention one of the best uses of a song with direct relationship to the storyline itself:

(From Alan Wake)

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Killer Instinct and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Both launched in 2013 (with the exception of the TJ Combo theme which came out at a later date some time in 2014).

OmegaNeon

Dec 16, 2019
the general universe
Would you count songs from Splatoon? They don't really have words, just squid sounds.
Otherwise, my thing is that Jump Up, Super Star! is overrated and Break Free (Lead The Way), the one that plays at the very end of SMO, is AMAZING!!

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Basically all the songs from the Xeno series are masterpieces, Small Two Of Pieces, Kokoro, Pain, Beyond the Sky, One Last You, Drifting Soul, and all the ones from Xenoblade X. Eyes on Me and Melodies of Life from Final Fantasy, too, and more recently I fell in love with The Edge of Dawn from Fire Emblem. There are so many good songs coming from RPGs!

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, the best Bond theme.

There are probably hundreds I could pick, but instead of clogging up the thread, I opted for Rivers In The Desert. I'm not the biggest fan of Persona 5, but boy that track absolutely fuckin' slaps.

Lyn Inaizumi's voice is amazing. The way she holds this note at the end of this live Life Will Change performance is unreal.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
FF: Crystal Chronicles is one of the most underrated FF in terms of music