BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
Despite all the nonsense and balancing issues, probably Destiny 1 and/or 2 for me. No other game has caused me to miss out on playing so many other games or missing as much sleep as these two. Sometimes I have to force myself not to turn it on so that I can do something else, gaming or otherwise, with my time.

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles is one of those games by which I could go on for hours detailing every little thing it gets right, but I'll boil it down to four points: amazing world, rewarding exploration, deep combat, and a good sense of unity between gameplay and narrative. Between the three Xenoblade games and their contributions to Breath of the Wild (and its upcoming sequel), Monolith Soft proved themselves as masters of world design, and their work will go on to influence many more developers.

cryophantom

Dec 21, 2019
It's not necessarily the "best" game I've played this decade, but if I had to pick one game that was most representative of the decade for me, it would be Destiny 1.

Was very rough around the edges, but that first run with my friends into Vault of Glass with absolutely no idea what to expect is absolutely my favorite gaming moment/experience of the decade.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit burnt out on it now but the Destiny franchise has been pretty incredible for me.

I'd give a very honorable mention to Rocket League. I'll play whatever the new hotness is. I'll go back for content updates in other games.

But goddamn I always find time for some rocket league matches. Half the time my friends get off after playing some Apex or Halo or Siege together and I'm like "all right, gg boys, I'm gonna play some RL games and head to bed"

Uncleslappy

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
1586.610.jpg
Portal 2

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Hard one

Portal 2
Skyward Sword
Darksiders
A Way Out
Yakuza 0

Loved Darksiders the most as a great mix of action and

Cared for the characters in A Way Out, which surprise me

Portal 2 had the best brainteasing

Yakuza 0 gave me the most genuine laughs in years and the coolest action fights

Skyward Sword's motion control I like a lot

So Darksiders or Yakuza 0
Early decade vs late decade

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
CSGO. No other game comes close. Could never touch another game and be fine.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah it has to be this for me, 2011-2017 of consistently playing and I still stay engaged watching the competitive scene. Definitely the defining game of the 2010s for me.

Honorable mentions off the top of my head:
The Witcher 2 & 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Fire Emblem 3 Houses
Fire Emblem Heroes
Legend of Zelda BotW
The Last of Us
Pokemon Go
CS:GO

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Breath of the Wild. It's been a great decade, but that's the only game that utterly floored me and inspired me.

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
Probably either Skyrim or Total War Warhammer 1/2. With mods I can't even count the number of hours dumped into Skyrim, TW:W is an absolute blast for me, nice throwback to my tabletop days.

Just endless amounts of content with both games, they're definitely at the top of list for the decade for me.