• Ping pong between both

Votes: 48 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 7.3%

• Total voters

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you back at your place of employment? Are you WFH? Did you WFH then go back into work? Do you have an option for either? Did you ever get sent home?

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Started WFH early March, still WFH now.
I doubt I'll be getting back to the office anytime soon, especially with these numbers...

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Unemployed. I tried to work from home but my company sucks and the stress of being told to get number up when literally all the tools had been broken for two weeks was too much.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Been home since March, easy to WFH as my colleagues are globally distributed. Base site is ramping slowly with volunteers going back, but about 1/3 capacity just now. Not expecting to consider more people until mid-late Q3. Got additional WFH kit (monitor & dock) overnighted so I'm not leaving my basement this year by the looks of it.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Did my first travel since COVID last week but otherwise still WFH and sometimes office.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Currently working from home (which started in about mid-March), returned from paternity leave earlier this month.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still at home.

There were discussions happening about reopening the office in phases, but now that this shit has spiked back up again, I don't see that happening.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
WFH since March. No timetable to return. Higher ups said they don't want anyone coming back in until you no longer need to wear PPE in public. So I guess I don't have to go in for the rest of the year at this rate!

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
We can go back to the office if we want, although it's not currently recommended. My biggest issue isn't the building (which has lots of space, is cleaned often, and sanitizer dispensers throughout the floor) but transit. Taking the bus would be a petri dish at the moment.

September 1st there will be more announcements about a potential return.

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still working almost all days at the office, with a rare work from home day. However, my patient workload fluctuates so much that some days I don't have any clinical work to do. We are limiting our in-person appointments, but my job doesn't work very great with video or phone appointments.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been working from home for a decade, so not much has changed, apart from the fact that my partner and kid are stuck here with me all day as well. :/

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I went into Home Office when the pandemic started to get serious here ... but one month ago they were like "so you can come back to work on the office now" and i was like "hell no" and i managed to get a vacation.

So right now i am 1 week away from having to come back to work
The deaths in my city are still increasing and there are like 2 spaces in hospitals

i am seriously considering to ask to leave if they don't allow me to go to home office again (which is not likely) so my anxiety is off the charts

...i work for marketing .... OF A FUCKING HOSPITAL.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I did a bit of work from home March through early May, but I mostly just day drank, got high and watched cartoons. We've been back at it since May 11th. We're open to the public by appointment only, and running pretty limited hours. It's just me, my shop foreman and my mom, so it is pretty safe. It's exciting because Coronavirus, plus reduced storefront hours, has forced our customers to start using our online ordering tools. We're busier than ever and I am looking to hire on some more help and really ramp things up.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
So jealous of full time work from home. We have an option for two days WFH to keep occupancy low.

I'm lucky that I have my office and basically just isolate myself in there.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I'm an essential worker, so basically I'm kind of a big deal.

...I just googled the phrase "so I'm kind of a big deal" to make sure I got the quote right, and apparently this exact essential worker joke is on T-shirts. I thought I was being clever...

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I always worked alone and most of the time at home. So nothing changed for me. (Illustrator).
Happy and humbled to say work continued to come my way thus far.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I worked from home before all this and I'm continuing to do so now.

Guess it's one of the perks of doing website stuff. It's also a massive drawback because my house is my work place and vice-versa. Gets me feeling a little stir-crazy.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Been WFH since the end of Feb, i'm currently contemplating taking voluntary redundancy and taking the rest of the year off.

I've never had more than 3 weeks off work consecutively since I started working just over 20 years ago, so I feel like I deserve a bit of a break.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Was furloughed from April 15th to June 15th but I'm back now.

hephaestus

Oct 28, 2017
Never left, I work in water treatment.
Its been so nice with all the project managers "working" from home. You can actually get things done with out all the meetings they demand to keep everyone in the loop.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Still no work. Had been told maybe back next week but work hasn't picked up there so now I'm told maybe at the end of the month.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
WFH since Mid March and it doesn't look like this will change anytime soon. It has its perks, but it also makes me fell more lonely than I did before already.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Whole company is WFH until after Labor Day, but my dept is the last group to go in, so I personally won't be back in the office until next year probably. We have 5,000 employees.

Oct 25, 2017
Back at work. Work from home only lasted like 2 weeks, until a manager complained about not being able to delegate his own job duties out as easily when people aren't within yelling distance. Everyone was promptly returned to the office. They hardly give a shit.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I have been working remotely for the past three years. I did change jobs at the end of March which has been tough since it's so fast paced.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
I teach. I was WFH, but now I'm on summer break and we're planning to go back to work in August.

The only problem is I live in Florida...so who knows if that plan is still happening with this explosion of cases.