Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Probably mission design. It's basically been the same since the PS2. Go to mission marker, cutscene, drive somewhere, kill some npc's, drive away. They put some fluff around it but basically it's been that way since GTAIII. I don't know how, I am not a game/mission designer. Oh and if they could see it in their hearts to write as much dialogue as the fastest route to a marker is. Since the PS2 I've missed dialogue because I got to the marker too quickly. Having to slow crawl my way just to hear it is crap. Since PS2!

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
other than the obvious natural improvement of gameplay and controls

not letting up on the the wacky stuff is the most important part for me.
integrating smartphones/social media in a profound way that feels 1:1 how we use that stuff today
making it easier to customize stuff?
making the online portion easier to figure out -- have a better "new player" experience. possibly integrate the features seamlessly between the story mode and the online

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I don't want to be tapping X to run and I don't want to rely on auto-aim for shooting like in RDR2.

So it's the controls, atmosphere and combat for the most part.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I just want some meaningful stealth options and a wanted system that isn't complete bullshit.

Omnistalgic

Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I've been wonderin for a decade how Rockstar's satire of American culture will work in a world where reality is beyond parody. They could very easily shoot for the moon and eat absolute shit on this, so I am fascinated to see what happens.
QFT…

But I'll also second some redeemable characters. Everyone can't be crazy idiots and jerks like previous games.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
NPCs, I really want to see an open world game with NPCs looking as good as main characters or at least close enough. From what I saw NPCs look decent with good hair and animations.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I really really hope they double down into the RP tools for online and make that the focus for console and pc.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Sort the online lobbies out. It's just horrendous trying to find groups in GTA5, lobbies take forever to fill and always dropping people. Not to mention after spending ages trying to get a heist going someone leaves mid-heist and it boots everyone out. It really makes what should have been a really fun mode something you just don't touch unless you can get a pre-made group going. Easily the no1 thing they need to fix in 6, a game with that much of a budget should have a best in class matchmaking system in place.

stangthang26

Aug 15, 2018
How they make fun us. I feel like the news we have on CNN could have been on radio stations in past GTA's, and we would've laughed at the idea

1er tigre

Oct 28, 2017
Gameplay and missions structure.
No "mash X to run" anymore please. No "mission failed" when you try to go left but the devs wanted you to right. No "if I enter by the backdoor nothing happens and I don't know what to do but when I enter by the front door, the mission/a cinematic launches", etc.
To sum it up : don't be a 2005 game but with the highest production values ever.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeh I'll say controls too. I can forgive combat being a bit janky in these games (even if I'd like it not to be) but driving and general movement, please be good...