stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
just praying they make an entire game parodying the current political landscape without relying on cheapshot homophobia or transphobia

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Honestly, it's Online that has me the most curious. GTA Online was a wild success that a lot of people did not see coming, and since then every indication would give that they're going to invest SO MUCH into that element of VI.

A version of GTA Online that doesn't play like absolute garbage would be a sight to see.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
There's is no one thing, it has to nail everything (except maybe story) with how hyped the game is and expectations after V

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
The heavy, physicsy, animationy movement, interactions. Red Dead Redemption 2 was amazing for that and I hope they go ham for a modern setting, with cars and whatever other vehicles and all.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Next gen euphoria implementation, still insane that the engine went mobile only outside of Rockstar. There is nothing as impressive as the physics and ragdoll systems in modern Rockstar games. Why I've played Max Payne 3 over 10 times. Still the best hit reactions of any game out there 12 years later 😭

Tho Red Dead 2 had a great implementation in it's own ways

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Less scripted and more reactive major setpieces. Allow the open simulation nature of the game speak for itself and support the heists and big chases without it being artificially held back by rubberband garbage and so on.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Making it feel like you're in a living world rather than being in a world created around you. To me it's why the world of RDR2 is still unbeatable.

Snake2024

May 15, 2024
Better controls, better combat mechanics and hopefully finally some freedom in missions with less scripted events. Also hope that it is nothing like RDR2 which things like forced slow walking, slow animations and better pacing. I also would like if more than half of the game isn`t just driving from A to B while driving is much more fun than horse riding in RDR2 it shouldn`t feel like it is the majority of the game. Their open world design feels still very similiar to their older games and I hope it evolves more. RDR2 was their weakest open world game for me (not only did it have the same weak points as their older titls, but it felt like they took out the fun for being "realistic" and "immersive") and I didn`t like it so I hope GTAVI is very different from that game.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Better combat and remove the restrictive Mission Design. Going off the beaten path shouldnt result in Mission failure.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I want as little "go to the yellow marker" as possible. It's going to have a mind-blowing open world. Use it!

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I want as little "go to the yellow marker" as possible. It's going to have a mind-blowing open world. Use it!

This I wish their mission design was more open. You can still have triggered events I just want more options on how to handle the situation. There was one mission in 5 where you just have to destroy some cars I stole them and took them to a gas station and shot the pumps to destroy the whole place and the cars and it gave me a fail state, really fucking dumb. They need more missions of you just have to do X doesn't matter how just do it.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
The characters/story for me.

This right here for me.

They hit their peak with the series in San Andreas and IV but then shit the bed with V. The trailer creates a good impression that they will nail it this time though so I'm not too worried.

I'm also just hoping that the radio stations and music are as good as they've been in the prior games now that Lazlow Jones no longer works at Rockstar

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Being as offensive as possible without being as stupid as Postal. It's not GTA if people aren't pissed about something.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
I want character control to feel snappier and not sluggish, I doubt it will happen though.

Better combat and remove the restrictive Mission Design. Going off the beaten path shouldnt result in Mission failure.
This isn't going to happen, but it would be a dream come true. One of the beautiful idiosyncrasies of the PS2 era GTA (especially the earlier ones) was the possibility to be creative with how one solved missions.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
just praying they make an entire game parodying the current political landscape without relying on cheapshot homophobia or transphobia

I was going to say "Humor that doesn't feel straight out of a 2003 episode of The Man Show," but this covers it more succinctly.

Also no Lazlo, for the same reason.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I really love how alive the city felt in V (especially for 2013) so I'm excited to see what they pull off there.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like GTA VI has to nail multiple things, mission design for one.

Also, the obsession with prioritising animations over player input, find a better medium Rockstar.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
A mission design that isn't insulting to the player, GTAV was comically bad even at the time of release, just give us an inch of agency when playing, even GTAIV had various missions where you could actually decide how to tackle them.

If you care about "spectacular" missions then don't pull ridiculous stuff like Trevor lying on a plane at walking speed pretending to shot at motorbikers or a that escape from multiple tanks on a bulldozer moving like a turtle, that's neither exciting or funny, it's just tedious and goofy.

Other than that I would say having actually good side contents, those have been terrible or none existent after San Andreas.

Kalte

Nov 25, 2017
The open world fucking around. It's the one thing they've never missed on.

Make the police behave more like IV.

Making it feel like you're in a living world rather than being in a world created around you. To me it's why the world of RDR2 is still unbeatable.

Basically all of this. Plus having tremendous fun doing engaging side activities, but this is GTA so I am not too worried about this specific limb.

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
The atmosphere. Vice City to IV had all unique atmosphere but V is like a parody game made by another studio.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
progressive representation of women and LGBTQ characters

there is nothing more important than that really

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Controls and car physics.

I absolutely loath the driving physics in GTA4 and 5, and if 6 is the same, then it's going to be really impact my enjoyment of the game.

It was so bad in the previous games that I gave up and just took a taxi to all the locations.

Kalte

Nov 25, 2017
I'm curious, can you tell me what "engaging side activities" you had in GTAV?

Minigames mainly, I really liked Tennis at Michael's place... and you are right, that's it. And maybe taking care of Franklin's dog via my IRL smartphone as a tamagochi.

OK fair enough, I amend my original answer: side activities were lacklustre, and I want more of them (à la RDR2)