• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About S2, honestly not a fan since now I don't give a shit about basically anyone. Dolores can die in a fire for all I care.

I'm just curious about who's inside Tessa Thompson now, since it was Dolores but now she has her own body.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
Very excited for this!

One thing I can't understand, how can HBO not be in 4K HDR??? Think they'd want to compete with Neflix and amazon streaming. It would be nice if you stream this from their app it was 4K HDR.

Sep 7, 2018
I dont think I have ever seen a show that was so pretentious as season 2 of Westworld. The scenario writers were so far up their own asses it boggles my mind that actually someone signed off on a high budget production based on their ideas. Even the last seasons of Lost and Game of Thrones are masterpieces compared season 2 of Westworld.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
This seems the right direction to go. Drop all the terrible ponderous philosophy stuff and just become a dumb live action anime. Let all these talented actors have some fun and stretch their legs outside of the boring narrative loops of season 1&2.

Though I am a little sad that James Marsden couldn't make it to the new world.

dryz

Oct 30, 2017
I loved Season 1 but dropped Season 2 a few episodes in. Season 1 was so ominous and conspiratorial. Season 2 felt like it became a dumb faction battle show.

Too bad season 3 looks like continuation of that. I don't think I can take another season of Dolores with all her stupid tough talk.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
If you think they are dropping any of the "ponderous philosophy stuff," then you might be a little disappointed come March 15th.
I don't think they are dropping all of it but I hope they are leaning a bit more towards Person of Interest style storytelling this season. Balancing out the self seriousness with a bit more tongue and cheek fun. As we saw with GoT HBO lets their show runners have a ton of control but I hope they absorb some of the criticism from last season vs sticking their heads in the sand.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
After last season I can't help but have some seriously tempered expectations. I really hope Nolan controls his worst instincts and doesn't try to trick and deceive the audience at every turn again.
God help whoever has to cut together the Season 2 recap so people remember just what the fuck happened.
I'm gonna need one of those because I very much doubt I'll ever be in the mood to rewatch S2.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
I felt pretty done with the western theme park aspect of the show after season 1 (I know that was the whole concept but still) so I'm personally much more invested in the 3rd already, even without getting into season 2's general decline.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the "real world" they're in will just end up being another park as the twist or somethin dumb like that

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked S2 but was mainly in it for everyone's stories but Dolores, whose plot was super dull in large part because her goals are still so vague. And while I liked the puzzle nature of piecing together how the different timelines related to each other, the time gap ended up creating a basic logic problem where you have to buy that essentially all these people were stranded for a week (or was it two weeks?) in the park without food, water, clothes, etc. and without anyone coming to get them in that time either. Otherwise though I enjoyed S2.

Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if the script writers focus on telling a cohesive story this time around instead of making shit up as they go along so they can outsmart internet theorists.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
I loved Season 1 but dropped Season 2 a few episodes in. Season 1 was so ominous and conspiratorial. Season 2 felt like it became a dumb faction battle show.

Season 2 was dire but you really should watch episode 8 (Kiksuya) - it's fantastic and is possibly the best episode of the series to date.

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
Maeve vs Dolores? Yeah, makes no sense. Westworld S1 remains my favorite TV production of all time, but unfortunately it's quality is only valid in isolation. S2 was a convoluted mess.

Oct 28, 2017
Looks good, but I have concerns about the scope of the show now and the cost and how long it will last now that they've opened it up to the world.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This show has never had a problem with looking amazing in trailers, thats for sure.
Too bad its never carried over to the actual show

Apr 19, 2018
Maeve vs Dolores? Yeah, makes no sense.

Why not? They've never had the best relations with one another, with Maeve outright arguing against Dolores' ideologies on a number of occasions. This just seems like it's all coming to a head.

Anyway, Dolores can go suck it after what she did to Teddy. I guess James Marsden isn't back for this season?

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great.
The budget seems to be huge, which is surprising since I always thought such an unusual show wouldn't be very mainstream.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 was dire but you really should watch episode 8 (Kiksuya) - it's fantastic and is possibly the best episode of the series to date.
Throw in "Riddle of the Sphinx" too. Two of the more standalone-ish episodes and two of the best of the series.

I didn''t enjoy season 2 but I'm glad I watched it just for those two pieces of sci-fi art.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Maeve vs Dolores? Yeah, makes no sense. Westworld S1 remains my favorite TV production of all time, but unfortunately it's quality is only valid in isolation. S2 was a convoluted mess.

Maeve v. Dolores has clearly been set up since season 1, ever since they drove home the idea that Maeve woke up due to love and Dolores woke up due to hate. They've had clashing ideologies from the beginning.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Still interested in season 3, but I really miss the wild west theme park / real life open world RPG aspect of season 1. The videogamey-ness is what I liked most about Westworld, but I'm down for a good 'ol robots taking over the world story, which deep down is what Westworld has always been about.

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
Maeve v. Dolores has clearly been set up since season 1, ever since they drove home the idea that Maeve woke up due to love and Dolores woke up due to hate. They've had clashing ideologies from the beginning.
Didn't Dolores save Maeve's life? Thanks to her intervention she wasn't left for decommission in the park. Regardless of their philosophical differences (Dolores wanted to take control of the park, Maeve just wanted out with her daughter) both of them were subjected to decades of abuse. They might not have a lot in common but to actively want to kill each other? Seems to be a stretch but I realize that giving an opinion based off a trailer is premature.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
The sword-wielding Maeve anime shenanigans sure were something.

blob_v2ub.620.jpg

Shame Rinko Kikuchi won't come back tho

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
The cinematography is amazing

I can't even imagine the budget for this thing

I really liked S1, enjoyed S2, but I REALLY hope that this is the final season

Of course it wont, but oh well

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I hate the city setting, looks so dead... maybe that's intentional :O