Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
My PS5 is dead.

I turned it on and went through set up, played half hour of Astro bot and installed some games (Miles, God of War, Days Gone). Then turned off the system (full off, not rest mode) and left for a few hours.

When I come back I go to turn it on via the Dualsense. Nothing. Okay, try the power button. Nothing. Maybe I've had a power trip, check the breaker, is fine. Everything else in the house is fine.

Okay, try a different power socket, nope. Try my PS4 Pro figure 8 power cord, still no.

I guess I'm taking it back to EB in the morning and going without my PS5 for a few months. Fuck. I just ordered a few more games too.

Worst thing is my Miles disc is stuck inside and there is no tutorial for manual eject, I can only find ones on PS4, so I better get my game back!

Anyone else having issues? I thought that reviewers PS5 bricking was like one in a million, so damn did I catch bad luck.

Damn the Dualsense is cool, what I got to use of it at least.

Edit: Excuse my videography and wires, but heres a video:

Edit: Thought I might also add while I was briefly using it, it was very cool and quiet besides the whir of the Miles disc installing. Before turning it off I put the backside of my hand along the vents and it wasn't hot at all. Barely warm even.

Last edited:

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to hear that. My PS4 was bricked on launch but I phoned Sony, gave them the serial number and where I ordered from and they brought me a new PS4 (no wires or accessories) the very next day. UK here but hope there is something similarly available for you

OP
OP
Creepy Woody

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
The only other case I've seen is this one on Reddit:

www.reddit.com

r/PS5 - My PS5 seems to be bricked after an hour of play :(

17,923 votes and 1,541 comments so far on Reddit

Seems he still gets some "feedback" from the console with it beeping or getting to rebuilding database. Mine seems to be stone cold dead. No lights, no noise.

I've been primarily a PS gamer since a kid never had an issue with a Sony console before. It's night here in Australia, so I'll either take it back to EB in the morning or call Sony support.

Hope none of y'all have issues and have a good weekend gaming.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry this happened.

Sony invariably won't want these bad reports flying around and you'll absolutely get a new fixed up one - just a pain in the ass right now obviously in terms of stock

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Contact Sony rather than returning it - they'll either repair or replace much faster than you'll be able to get another one

These things do happen. My launch PS4 stopped working within 3 days.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
UK here, and I'm dreading this happens to me on the 19th. You can get really unlucky with launch day consoles, there will always be a few that turn out faulty.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
damn, this is awful... I just hope that I won't be that "lucky", but with console being delivered by our postal service, everything is possible. At least store notified us that they will put it in additional cardboard box. I still have shivers when I saw my PS4 being delivered and it was only wrapped in 1 cm thick plastic foil wrap.

I really hope that you get replacement asap.

Negotiator117

Banned
Jul 3, 2020
User Banned (2 Weeks): Platform Warring; Concern Trolling Over a Series of Posts; History of Platform Warring
My PS5 is dead.

I turned it on and went through set up, played half hour of Astro bot and installed some games (Miles, God of War, Days Gone). Then turned off the system (full off, not rest mode) and left for a few hours.

When I come back I go to turn it on via the Dualsense. Nothing. Okay, try the power button. Nothing. Maybe I've had a power trip, check the breaker, is fine. Everything else in the house is fine.

Okay, try a different power socket, nope. Try my PS4 Pro figure 8 power cord, still no.

I guess I'm taking it back to EB in the morning and going without my PS5 for a few months. Fuck. I just ordered a few more games too.

Worst thing is my Miles disc is stuck inside and there is no tutorial for manual eject, I can only find ones on PS4, so I better get my game back!

Anyone else having issues? I thought that reviewers PS5 bricking was like one in a million, so damn did I catch bad luck.

Heat issues regarding the GPU? I feel for you.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
There's no manual eject hole or things like that?

Anyway luckily you're still under warranty. Unluckily the stock may not be there :\

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
UK here, and I'm dreading this happens to me on the 19th. You can get really unlucky with launch day consoles, there will always be a few that turn out faulty.
I had a faulty right speaker on a Vita that I bought brand new two years into its initial release.

Lemons happen. This isn't something to be concerned about.

Sorry that you did happen to get the REALLY unlucky end of that stick OP

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
That's rough OP, sorry to hear that. I hope the replacement is quick and painless and that you get Spider-Man either out or compensated.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
New tech dying is the worse especially when it first comes out and you simply can't replace it right away..

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you can unplug it and hold the power button for 10-30 secs or so.

Doesn't this ... uhm ... remove any remaining charge from the ... uhm ... transistors or whatever?
Works on my PC in those rare (once a year or so) cases where it just won't turn on ...

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My PS5 is dead.

Contact @AskPlayStation on twitter. Maybe they have a few hints. Other than that, yeah, it sucks. Contact Sony support and get it replaced.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we'll see if this is widespread in a week or so. My XSX so far has been fine and my PS5 will be here today.

Im in no hurry to play my PS5, so I might keep in boxed up for a couple days and wait for feedback.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Definitely contact Sony first I'd say. Better chance of a quick replacement than your game store.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Yup. Feeling the same way. But we'll hear nothing has a 0% failure rate. No shit. But you still don't want it happening to you, and don't like seeing it happen to others.

Anyways, good luck OP. That's rough. Hope you get one back soon.
Yup, even if it's a 0.00001% chance I get scared because all my life my bad luck has been unbelievable

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
There's always the chances of new consoles breaking, i'm considering taking out extended cover when i pick mine up next week just to be on the safe side.

It happened with some PS4's, and it's happening again with some PS5's. As others have said, contact Sony first over taking it back to the store.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry for your loss op.
This happened to me with my ps3 right after launch, trade it in the day after and the one I got lasted me the entire gen. This stuff happens. Some of us will get faulty launch systems.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm curious if something similar to this has happened to any PS4 or Pros, and if there was a solution.

I know with some android boxes, you can't turn them on at times... and you have to unplug and wait and replug the power cord.