• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Chloe-and-Max-in-Life-is-Strange-1280x720.jpg

I'll start with Chloe and Max from Life is Strange 1.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to be that person but it's bad form to just say "females", we generally use it as "female characters" or "female protagonists"

I'd say Ashe from Final Fantasy XII personally. Love her character. She is flawed, condescending, but that makes her arc better. She has her own personality and her own ambition and she really commands the story on her own terms instead of being seen through the lens of someone else.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Can we not use the word "females" to refer to women, please?

Beyond that, I like Elena Fisher from Uncharted a lot. She starts off as typical "supporting female lead" in UC1 but she grows a LOT over the course of the series.

Sadie Adler is also really great.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Clementine from The Walking Dead.
GLaDOS from Portal (probably the funniest video game character, too).

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping a mod could change the thread title.

Playing Xenoblade 2 right now and i like Mòrag. Very stately and she is pretty good at being a balance point between diplomacy and being a good person.

Wulfram

Mar 3, 2018
Females would refer to non-humans, so... Vetra from Mass Effect: Andromeda was pretty cool

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Females would refer to non-humans, so... Vetra from Mass Effect: Andromeda was pretty cool

Lots of good characters in Andromeda. I ended up really liking that short haired lady that you reported to when completing a planet. She was a butt but she valued the work. Also the Kogran lady in the main ship.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): trolling
Wow OP this thread title is really offensive. Can a mod change it? There is no hyphen in "video games"!!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Beyond that, I like Elena Fisher from Uncharted a lot. She starts off as typical "supporting female lead" in UC1 but she grows a LOT over the course of the series.

Sadie Adler is also really great.
I think in this context it makes sense you can have female gendered characters i.e. robots ect that aren't actual women but are still female in representation. I get where your coming from but in this context I think it makes sense. Not all female characters are also women.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think in this context it makes sense you can have female gendered characters i.e. robots ect that aren't actual women but are still female in representation. I get where your coming from but in this context I think it makes sense. Not all female characters are also women.

Then write the thread title as "Well-written female characters". That's the issue. "Females" is a really weird phrase.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This gif sold me on the entire game. Is it available on current consoles?

Best way to play with typical controls is on the PSP ..... yeah, I know.
It's also available on mobile devices as well.

Worth it, it's a fantastic game with some incredible combat and dungeoning. But if you DO play, use a guide for how to get the best ending because its requirements are obtuse as hell.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to be that person but it's bad form to just say "females", we generally use it as "female characters" or "female protagonists"
Yeeeeah, I was gonna say. This shit never hits my ear right.
*Female characters, you mean.
Hoping a mod could change the thread title.

I look forward to your posts in the attractive males in video-games thread.

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
Freya in god of war

Yen and triss in the witcher 3

Ellie and tess in the last of us

To some degree sarah in days gone

Liara in mass effect