Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
ground-hog-day.gif

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I find it this movie gross when you realize that Bill Murray's character exploits the curse to manipulate and take advantage sexually of almost every women in town.

I mean, this movie was made a very long time ago, in early '90 and in those days, they didn't give a damn about respecting women. I understand it's pretty dated but eh.. I can't celebrate this at all.

You can miss me with these flapjacks

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it this movie gross when you realize that Bill Murray's character exploits the curse to manipulate and take advantage sexually of almost every women in town.

I mean, this movie was made a very long time ago, in early '90 and in those days, they didn't give a damn about respecting women. I understand it's pretty dated but eh.. I can't celebrate this at all.

Pretty sure he doesn't have sex with anyone against their will. Yes, he "takes advantage" of them by learning how to behave so they're into him but... it's a time travel comedy.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Happy Death Day is a great version of Groundhog's Day except she gets murdered at the end of every day. It's hilarious.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Stargate SG-1 had an episode like it as well. It was pretty good, especially when O'neill started to lose it.

https://www./proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fd7iEPGH.gif&hash=98ab2a24af4c2bbae61614bb34c1c131

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017

True.

But then he becomes a better person. Hence the point of the movie. Dude was an ass

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He also kills himself like a dozen times. Its not like it was all good for him. Also, as far as we know it was just Nancy tailor. Every other attempt ends with a slap to the face.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

I'm watching it right now, and yeah, you can't help but feel what he does to these women is disgusting. But then I think about his situation and I'm pretty confident that after decades of repeating the same day any human being would be doing the same. I mean I hate to admit it but I probably would. You need companionship and if you dated the same woman on the same day for long enough eventually the experiences would become hollow and you'd have to move on to a different relationship with a different woman for new experiences.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Alamo Drafthouse is showing a triple feature of this movie. I wanna go, but all the good seats are taken, though it's funny because I doubt many people will actually sit through the movie three times so I'm sure the theater will start to empty after the first show...

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I've never seen this movie. Is it any good?
One of the best comedy films ever made.. a classic.. easily top 100 all time. Do yourself a favor and watch this movie..

Edit: just looked it up and it's actually 234 on the imdb top 250, so not top 100 in their book, but easily top 100 in my opinion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
With 2018 right around the corner and the Nintendo Switch lighting up the sales charts, everyone is wondering what the company has in store for its sophomore year.

Let's speculate on titles think we could see in a hypothetical Nintendo Direct:
file.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Pikmin 4
file.jpg

In July 2015, Shigeru Miyamoto gave an interview to Eurogamer in which he revealed that Pikmin 4 was in development and nearing completion. We can assume that this title has likely been moved to development for Nintendo Switch, and is therefore a strong candidate for a hypothetical upcoming Nintendo Direct.

2. Super Mario Maker Switch
file.jpg

Super Mario Maker was a big new IP for the Wii U, selling over 3.5 million copies worldwide. A continuation of the series makes a lot of sense from a number of perspectives, not least of all the form factor of the Switch itself. Capable of the same touch screen utility as the Wii U, a new entry would be capable of the same intuitive controls. Secondly, Super Mario Maker's online functionality was one of its most critical components, and Nintendo will soon be launching their own online subscription service a la Xbox Live/Playstation Plus which will charge users in exchange for fully featured online services. They will need games to sell this service to consumers, and Super Mario Maker could very well be a part of that plan.

3. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch
file.jpg

As mentioned above, Nintendo is going to need games to sell their new online service. Aside from their already released titles, no game is going to entice gamers to pay for multiplayer than a new Super Smash Bros. title. The critically acclaimed Wii U entry, released in 2014, is rumored to be the foundation for a new entry, which would mean that development could be more streamlined, and thus the game could release sooner than expected. They can also now expand the roster and features through DLC, something that the team has already experimented with in the past. Nintendo announcing such a big game so close to its release would not be strange, it's actually something Nintendo does often. We have no idea what they are planning to release as their big 2018 title, and their online service has been delayed to late 2018, so this could very easily be it.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame how badly this movie fucked up Ramis and Murray's friendship, but luckily they talked before Ramis died. The behind the scenes stories about this one are crazy.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
You asshole, you could barely wait two minutes into feb 2 before you had to make this thread. I was hoping it would be my turn this year :(