• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choose

• Weet-Bix

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Weetabix

Votes: 95 81.9%

• Total voters

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The important question:

Which do you like more?

Maybe it's because I grew up with Weetabix but I slightly prefer its taste and texture.

T6Q4GmeiKJ-0TfQbfLWWUJduVvYnWoQEO3RDPJ9oKWs.jpg

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I heard a British guy say "weetabix" once but I have no idea what these are

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've only had Weetabix since my parents and extended family are from the UK. Pretty decent with a bit of sugar and some banana.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I could never handle Weetabix. It always tasted (and looked) like wood pulp. Even trying it again the other year with 'mature' tastebuds...nope.

ssQEELu.jpg

If I'm going to eat a tasteless, whole grain cereal I'll stick with shredded wheat, and I still won't really enjoy it.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
The fuck is Weet-bix?

Weetabix, on the other hand, is ace. The worst thing about Weetabix is that if you don't rinse that bowl after you eat some, the residue will harden like fucking concrete.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Weet-Bix with hot water and milk, I can only do four max though. Brett Lee wins again.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
For more context to the OP; Weet-bix is the original and Weetabix is the variant with a modified recipe. Both were created by the same Australian man according to Wikipedia.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I grew up in SADC......its no contest.
Ive tried all the variants from around the world......all are shit!
If you get a chance find an international store in your city and get these Weet-bix, youll be converted.

silo-MIN_1253759_CSB_large

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
literalyl just eaten 4 weetabix.

Well a tesco knockoff anyway.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Never heard of Weet-bix, I assume it's not from the UK, where Weetabix has been a household name for decades. Would prefer Shredded Wheat myself, tastes better and doesn't get soggy as quickly.

shredded-wheat-glyphosate-MAIN2b.jpg

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Never heard of Weet-bix, I assume it's not from the UK, where Weetabix has been a household name for decades. Would prefer Shredded Wheat myself, tastes better and doesn't get soggy as quickly.

shredded-wheat-glyphosate-MAIN2b.jpg
always felt like what eating a birds nest would feel like.

Key to weetabix is a minimal amount of milk in a wide bottomed bowl. Ideally by the time you eat them there is no milk in the bowl, its just been absorbed by the bix.

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I could never handle Weetabix. It always tasted (and looked) like wood pulp. Even trying it again the other year with 'mature' tastebuds...nope.

ssQEELu.jpg

If I'm going to eat a tasteless, whole grain cereal I'll stick with shredded wheat, and I still won't really enjoy it.

Weetabix isn't tasteless though, so perhaps your taste-buds are fucked.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Weetabix. Although I don't like getting it soggy - texture has to be just right. I stack mine like a little pyramid (two on bottom, one on top) and dribble milk through the top one. This results in the top one having that just soft texture and it's colder than the bottom ones that sit in the milk. Perfection

in the 80s I seem to remember buying individual wrapped weetabix coated in chocolate from the local sweet shop

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
VitaBrits and Weetabix are pronounced almost exactly the same way in German.

also, what is this

pizzavitabrits.png

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Weet-bix is the same as Weetabix but with a courser grade of sawdust wheat. I like both to be honest but prefer Weetabix being English though living in Aus.