Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
JHOdNBE.gif

Man I wish Capcom would relicense these games and bundle them together in one comprehensive package( with a physical option).

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
On top of many titles mentioned like Cuphead , Death Gambit , Dead Cell , Bushinden , Blasphemous ...

I just saw Gris on Steam sales main page today . It made this thread a laughing stock

tumblr_pdt6a5rVlr1wumjwao2_500.gif

ijldi8cuej421.gif

giphy.gif

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Gris' audio and visuals are some of the nicest this gen. Gameplay wise its very thin on the ground though, very simple platforming and puzzles. Its a nice ride while it lasts, but I just wish it could have had more in the gameplay department. But that's a complaint for a different thread, since this one is just about visuals! Cuphead either way is still my pick, it looks amazing in both graphical style and animation, and the only complaint I can level against that game is when playing it in black and white, its hard for me to tell between pink and normal bullets.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We already do, you just aren't looking hard enough. Just like how Saturn was pretty niche here there's tons of modern 2D games that look fantastic that go under most people's radar because they aren't the latest blockbuster game.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Playing the vanilla steam version back to back against a real dreamcast copy of Sonic Adventure is mind boggling. The Dreamcast version looks waaaaay better. The entire lighting system is missing! The Dreamcast version with VGA cables and an OSSC looks miles better than the Steam version even with the resolution difference. Sonic Adventure is still a looker, but unless you play it on a real dreamcast, you're missing so much. Keep in mind that Dreamcast emulators can't do this shit either, so they also miss a ton of the effects. There's nothing quite like running a dreamcast game on a real dreamcast.
They've released a few mods that restores the models, textures, and lighting. It's pretty great, and it retains the widescreen and 60fps. You can toggle certain things like menus and music to be more or less like the DC version too.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Playing the vanilla steam version back to back against a real dreamcast copy of Sonic Adventure is mind boggling. The Dreamcast version looks waaaaay better. The entire lighting system is missing! The Dreamcast version with VGA cables and an OSSC looks miles better than the Steam version even with the resolution difference. Sonic Adventure is still a looker, but unless you play it on a real dreamcast, you're missing so much. Keep in mind that Dreamcast emulators can't do this shit either, so they also miss a ton of the effects. There's nothing quite like running a dreamcast game on a real dreamcast.
I used to think the GC version was the best one

Gajeel23

Jun 4, 2018
Thank you guys. My backlog just got bigger.
Here is something from me as well:
3B0DEC5C3C071A44D8F95AB664DA79542B157D1A

River City Ransom: Underground

Dec 15, 2017
I would buy a sega Saturn mini in a heartbeat if it's released with all those games. I feel that there's this void in my gaming history with the Saturn and the Dreamcast, so many great games missing. I totally agree with what you are saying OP, even if many are not understanding the idea you are trying to convey.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Sega Saturn had a few impressive 2D games, but everyone took ideas from NES, SNES and Sega genesis and created amazing 2D inspired games. There's nothing much from that era, to where id say "This game remind me of Sega Saturn 2D games"

Nov 23, 2017
I understand what you're saying, OP. A lot of these new games don't at all have the same look feel or style to their graphics and some that people posted don't even use sprites...I don't really get what a lot of people are saying here. GRIS looks great for example but is totally another category of 2d art.

Edit: Gunlord X looks amazing though and exactly what I wanted to find from this thread

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've released a few mods that restores the models, textures, and lighting. It's pretty great, and it retains the widescreen and 60fps. You can toggle certain things like menus and music to be more or less like the DC version too.
Yes i know, i helped with that mod. It doesnt restore everything, and as i explained above, there are things that are impossible to restore because the dreamcast is unique hardware.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
there are things that are impossible to restore because the dreamcast is unique hardware.
Like what? It's interesting.

I kind of wish they'd do a DC mod for SA2B. I can get bits and pieces, but it often crashes and some of the specularity is missing on enemies.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like what? It's interesting.

I kind of wish they'd do a DC mod for SA2B. I can get bits and pieces, but it often crashes and some of the specularity is missing on enemies.
Per pixel transparency, for one. Its not just per pixel, its also order independent transparency. As in, not only are transparent textures handled out of order, but individual pixels on a texture. Impossible for modern hardware to handle.

Mzo

Nov 30, 2017
Yes. Cuphead, the Wonder Boy III remake, Monster Boy, Rayman Legends, every Vanillaware game ever made, etc.

Love 2D games.