• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The new Call of Duty Black Ops MTX went live today, as you may have read in another thread. However, what you may not know, is that the Microtranactions, are 7 days exclusive to PS4.

We have now hit exclusivity periods with Microtransactions.

Dear Activision and Sony.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Eagles007

Banned
Oct 26, 2018
This is in line with the battlepass and Halloween cosmetics. I think the xbox/pc community would prefer 7 days over the 30 days of yesteryear.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't we know this like a month ago. New items would be exclusive for 7 days. Seemed most were happy it was no longer 30 days.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Sony and Activision remains a winning combination when it comes to shitty exclusivity deals.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Shoulda had a thread poll, since in old Call of Duty games, the only timed exclusives were map packs, but they were delayed for all other platforms by a full month.

Now every new addition (sans patches to rebalance and fix bugs and other tweaks) is delayed by a full week. Is that the better model?

I personally think it's dumb to delay events and such by a week, but I think it's a lot better than making other platforms wait a full month. Xbox and PC got the last DLC for WWII two weeks before BO4 released.

Last edited:

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty soon it'll be "Play it 7 minutes earlier ... only on Playstation 4".

This stuff is so petty.

Oct 28, 2017
So....making the worst part of modern gaming exclusive is a bad thing?

Hell maybe Xbox users can luck out and the PS4 version can get all the "exclusive" day zero bugs too.

AxeVince

Oct 26, 2017
It's probably more about the exclusive DLC containing the data and code for the MTX than a decision per se.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would wager a "new low" would be an exclusivity period of over one year for a whole game, but now people who likely don't even play COD are labeling a 1-week exclusivity period for items they likely weren't going to buy as a "new low". Lol.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man! And I was really looking forward to my microtransactions!

But nah, the shit those two companies do with Destiny has always been the worst.

Deleted member 30005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I understand this is a worthy talking point but for the sake of constructive dialogue it was a poor decision to include profanity and that image in the opening post because it sets a poor tone for the rest of the comments to follow.

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather MTX be exclusive than actual cool things. Though it's probably just because it's considered post-launch new content and Activision has a deal with Sony for exclusivity on all of it. Regardless of if it's a map pack or skins.