• Don't go chasing Waterfalls

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is everyone ignoring the evidence by choice that there is not a downgrade ???. And the change in suit they explained, they wanted it to look like fabric and get rid of the plastic shine. Seems like people just love to hate and have some sort of agenda.

They're latching onto one singular shitty compressed photo as proof.

Even though that photo looks demonstrably worse than any other shot of the game I've seen.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No. Set time of day(s) as you progress through the story.

No IG changes to TOD to fit the moved as the story goes think Infamous.

Ohh well I guess its just some lighting changes to the game itself.
But the images def have a different set of lights in different places.

Looking at the shadows being cast in all the images, the light positions have changed for sure....reason why who knows.
But i def dont think its just a global downgrade.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People secretly want the super shinny shaders of last gen. You make the game more opaque and now there is a downgrade.
2HnkrUp.png

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
It has changed position though.
By going brighter or "more forward towards the scene. That is obvious and if you took the time to read, you'd have seen I never said that. What the sun hasn't done, is a ToD change (my whole arguement, which further proves you didn't read anything).

It hasn't seen a time of day change where the sun has moved POSITION across the sky. You know... actually how the sun works.

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like there's a downgrade in the lighting and shadows. The new lighting makes the not so good looking areas stand out maybe they should've stuck with the original shading. They also "downgraded" Peter's face and made him look older but that's subjective.

The puddles were just moved not sure why the focus is on that.
Because water has reflections. People don't see the reflections any more so assume downgrade. Water and rain is one way to trick people into thinking games look better than they do look.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Hmm the more I see three more it looks like insomniac has misrepresented the graphics before release. It isn't a huge difference and I'm still going to wait for a post launch comparison.

Some of the posts on here (both sides) are pretty embarrassing.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
lol, what a waste of time.

To stop this, devs should start pasting "apha version" watermark across every inch of the screen.

Yeah. Since Witcher 3 I stopped caring about graphic showcase before release, there are always different stuff.

There are probably a bunch of improvements that are not apparent in this kind of comparison.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
People seem to have trouble differentiating between the words "difference" and "downgrade." One is not the other.

Oct 25, 2017
By going brighter or "more forward towards the scene. That is obvious and if you took the time to read, you'd have seen I never said that. What the sun hasn't done, is a ToD change (my whole arguement, which further proves you didn't read anything).

It hasn't seen a time of day change where the sun has moved POSITION across the sky. You know... actually how the sun works.
Would you like to provide any evidence for this claim?

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing things like cursing in Cyberpunk and a puddle in Spider-Man being the biggest talking points on this forum makes me question the value of forums like this in the first place.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I think the dumbest thing is people shout downgrade when the developers are simply tweaking the final look and presentation of their games. Changing the time of day doesn't mean a downgrade or how many of a certain item are in the environment don't mean there has been a downgrade.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess this is the hot controversy, right?

We always need a Filip Miucin controversy on the gaming community… the Filip Miucin Downgrade Controversy

#teamocean btw

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
To be fair, the e3 screenshots look significantly better then the current ones. Whether that can all boil down to strength of lighting effects, time of day, etc. is up for debate and will soon be apparent when the game is in the hands of more gamers. That being said, if this were the spiderman console screenshot thread and someone had taken all those screenshots independently and was trying to choose which ones to upload to the thread, i would argue they wouldn't hesitate to use the E3 ones over the current ones. In either case the game still looks like its going to be an absolute blast. If Insomniac makes Spidermans movement through the city as fluid as the movement in sunset overdrive was, the games gunna be a hit regardless of any potential graphical downgrades.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Dude. In the other comparison, same scenes, the sun is either shining straight on the street leaving no building shadows on the street or the sun is behind the building casting vast shadows across the whole street. That does kind of imply a position change

Status
Not open for further replies.