• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you feel about the current boxart?

• I like it

• It is fine

• I dislike it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
What? This is one hell of a fierce boxart and very fitting imo. Yeah the dude is upside dwon, so what? It's hard to convey a trio with equal standing in such a small, slender picture. They did the best and i love it.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Feel like they could have deleted the middle 2 characters and just made the yellow character straight up rather than upside down which kind of looks poor.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
fodlan-collection.original.jpg

This looks so much better omg
It's by a different artist is the reason why :/

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I love the box art, who gives a damn anyway - I look at the box art once when I buy the game then toss it into a shelf or wherever, it's not a big deal.

The special edition art makes me want a Fire emblem ARPG on PS5 haha

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, lol. We will just have to get over the incredible acrobatic talents of Upside-Down Claude.

R.I.P

Oct 30, 2017
The box art is pretty weak, but personally I don't really care cuz I have the sweet CE pre-ordered

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah, I'm not a fan. The position of all five characters makes it look crowded and the colour combinations are jarring. It seems a big step down, quality wise, from the boxart for the 3DS Fire Emblem games.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Really bad cover, no idea what they were thinking. FE has a history of great cover art.

Fire_Emblem_PoR_Boxart.JPG

head-desktop.jpg

latest

I really hope there's a reversible cover that's either the Fodlan collection art or something less amateurish.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its fine minus Claude, the cover is the least of my worries with that game and they probably arent going to change it now

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the minority that likes it.

If anyone dislikes it that strongly, I recommend buying the game and reversing the cover art so you wouldn't have to see it much haha.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
It looks bad, all the 3DS games had gorgeous boxart, as well as PoR and the SNES games. But as the game is looking better every time we have new information, I'm not that worried. Also I bought the LE, that has a far better boxart (it's the same for Europe AFAIK):

DzUbIBIX0AAzZNc.jpg

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
I really dislike the boxart but I will buy it no matters what.

On this subject, any way to know the three houses differences without being spoiled all over? I just watch the last treehouse and the presenter spoiled a story bit smh.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
I see what they were going for with the three leaders surrounding the two player avatars. It's not good, it's not even interesting, but it's not really something bad or poor quality, imo. Also, to the OPworried about having to see it on his shelf - how do you store your games? I only see the spines of my games.

As for the bow, a few folks explained this earlier and I think it was hard to describe in text so I doodled a dumb looking mock up that might be what's going on with that bow.

J7O3RBO.jpg

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Three Houses has so much beautiful art, it's a shame the box art and icon are a bit weird. They're fine, but not... good.

Switch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_E3_artwork_08.jpg

Switch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_E3_artwork_07.jpg

bg_introduction.jpg

Legend.jpg

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
I really dislike the boxart but I will buy it no matters what.

On this subject, any way to know the three houses differences without being spoiled all over? I just watch the last treehouse and the presenter spoiled a story bit smh.
If you don't want to know story details i guess the only difference between houses apart from that is the characters you get to play with in each house you can see them here:

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
what's wrong with it?

i don't see anything to be upset or offended about.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
While I don't like the boxart too much, the biggest problem this game is female Byleth's outfit. The idiot who approved that should be fired and forced to wear that abomination an entire week.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
I don't mind knowing story details, not just plain story spoilers as in the Treehouse.
We really don't know many details yet apart from the big reveals at E3 which is what i imagine you got spoiled for you, apart from that we just know that every House will have a unique route at some point so there's going to be differences and replayabilty for each House.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I laughed at the serious looking anime boy hanging upside down. I don't know what a Fire Emblem is but I like it and think it should stay.

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Everyone in this thread complaining about the boxart is just upset that they're not handsome enough to break the laws of gravity.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
It's fine, I thought it was weird at first but it kind of grew on me. I'm way too excited for this game to let something like the boxart get me down.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
i think its seriously ugly and one of worst Nintendo published boxarts ever. but what can ya do lol
maybe ill print my own cover eventually

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Black Eagles represent the Adrestrian Empire, oldest kingdom, founded by the legendary Seiros after the War of the Heroes. It has a bigger focus on magic, but not every character is actually magic focused, that seems to be just a general description.

Blue Lions represent the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus, a kingdom renown for its knight order that apparently split from the Adrestian Empire at some point in the past.

Golden Deer come from the Leicester Alliance, a league of minor kingdoms that didn't swear allegiance to either Faerghus or Adrestian Empire. Merchants seem to have more power here than in the other kingdoms, but the leader of the alliance is still the noble house of Riegan.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
We really don't need to raise a stink over a silly boxart.

It's silly, but whatever. I find it kind of cute, myself.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If the OP has energy and drive to start a petition and raise a stink, there are about three million causes more worthwhile than the box art for Fire Emblem. It's fine, I like the colors.

Dolobill

Oct 25, 2017
I see what they were going for with the three leaders surrounding the two player avatars. It's not good, it's not even interesting, but it's not really something bad or poor quality, imo. Also, to the OPworried about having to see it on his shelf - how do you store your games? I only see the spines of my games.

As for the bow, a few folks explained this earlier and I think it was hard to describe in text so I doodled a dumb looking mock up that might be what's going on with that bow.

J7O3RBO.jpg
The bottom of his bow doesn't appear to bend the same way if that is the case.
https:///wp-content/uploads/2019/05/kv_chara03.jpg