• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
The Flash is one of the best superhero's with one of the coolest power sets that would work great for a game. There's fan games that have recreated his powers. DCUO even has speed force powers although those sucked. The only issue with making a Flash game would be figuring out how to balance his speed correctly so the game is still challenging. But imagine a game where you can run so fast time slows down and you can enter the speedforce and have all kinds of powers.

I know people want a Superman game badly but I'd like to see Flash get one more. WB needs to get someone on a Flash game. Maybe WB Montreal is developing one?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sonic already proved you barely can control super speed on a linear path let alone on a open world thing

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saints Row 4 already exists.

source.gif

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Always thought infamous first light with the neon speed was a solid foundation. Would need to be wayyy quicker though

Oct 24, 2019
As long as Gorilla Grodd is in it, then I'm down.

The rest of his villains are pretty dweeby

Edit:
I would much prefer an Aquaman or Green Lantern game first though

Village

Oct 25, 2017
As long as Gorilla Grodd is in it, then I'm down.

The rest of his villains are pretty dweeby

Edit:
I would much prefer an Aquaman or Green Lantern game first though

You gonna respec the rogues you dweeb.

What the hell would a green lantern game even be if i'm being honest. I feel like people play up super man but I can imagine a super man game. Green latern as a concept I feel like reley on the creativity of the person wielding the ring and to make that playable in any capacity it would have to fully evoke the character presented or cut off the creativity of the player and the character because of technological implications.

That isn't even to mention, moveset places things like that. Like when the power is ' use will to make anything you want " how do you communicate that in a video game. The closest thing to a green lantern game I have played is scribblenaughts. Maybe something like that, like a puzzle solving game?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Good luck trying to make a fun/balanced game out of it. Seems like it'd be almost as hard to make as a Superman game.

Oct 24, 2019
You know we almost got Gorilla Grodd in a video game. Almost.

Really? Which game was that, Infinite Crisis? God I miss that game...

You gonna respec the rogues you dweeb.

What the hell would a green lantern game even be if i'm being honest. I feel like people play up super man but I can imagine a super man game. Green latern as a concept I feel like reley on the creativity of the person wielding the ring and to make that playable in any capacity it would have to fully evoke the character presented or cut off the creativity of the player and the character because of technological implications.

That isn't even to mention, moveset places things like that. Like when the power is ' use will to make anything you want " how do you communicate that in a video game. The closest thing to a green lantern game I have played is scribblenaughts. Maybe something like that, like a puzzle solving game?

I can MAYBE respect Mirror Master a little bit, but that's about it lol.

It would be a tough nut to crack for sure, but my best guess is that it would have to almost be an RPG where there are dozens of different constructs and you can "slot" a handful of them at a time to use. Perhaps combining different ones leads to new and different constructs, playing up the creativity aspect. It would also allow the player to use exclusively military constructs, exclusively sports constructs, etc. if that's how they want to roleplay

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Really? Which game was that, Infinite Crisis? God I miss that game...

I can MAYBE respect Mirror Master a little bit, but that's about it lol.

It would be a tough nut to crack for sure, but my best guess is that it would have to almost be an RPG where there are dozens of different constructs and you can "slot" a handful of them at a time to use. Perhaps combining different ones leads to new and different constructs, playing up the creativity aspect. It would also allow the player to use exclusively military constructs, exclusively sports constructs, etc. if that's how they want to roleplay

No the Damian Wayne game WB Montreal was making was gonna have Gorilla Grodd in it.

EB4tryIXoAAJr-1.jpg:large

Also give my man Reverse Flash some respect please. He's one of the greatest comic book villains of all time. And Zoom.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I think a lot of the DC characters are just to OP to be good video games. Thats why Batman works so well.

Oct 24, 2019
No the Damian Wayne game WB Montreal was making was gonna have Gorilla Grodd in it.

EB4tryIXoAAJr-1.jpg:large

Also give my man Reverse Flash some respect please. He's one of the greatest comic book villains of all time. And Zoom.

Ahh that would have beem awesome. Hopefully they still find a place for him. After Infinite Crisis shut down, some devs leaked info about the champions in development and Gorilla Grodd was among them, it was heartbreaking.

I have nothing against Reverse Flash, I just don't know all that much about him/ what makes him different than just evil Flash in an inverted color scheme. I know even less about Zoom lol. I was mainly just shitting on The Rogues in my response to that other guy, not Flash's villains as a whole.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Ahh that would have beem awesome. Hopefully they still find a place for him. After Infinite Crisis shut down, some devs leaked info about the champions in development and Gorilla Grodd was among them, it was heartbreaking.

I have nothing against Reverse Flash, I just don't know all that much about him/ what makes him different than just evil Flash in an inverted color scheme. I know even less about Zoom lol. I was mainly just shitting on The Rogues in my response to that other guy, not Flash's villains as a whole.

Well he kinda is just evil Flash in a different color but that's the whole point of his character. You see, before he became Reverse Flash he grew up being a flash fanboy and wanted to be like him. But then he found out from the future that his destiny was to become his nemesis and not The Flash. So this made him go insane and since he couldn't become The Flash, he decided to become the Reverse of The Flash. So if Flash saved more people, RF killed more people. He's the reverse of Barry Allen. He's evil, insane, petty, obsessive and overall a big douchebag.

He's the worlds prettiest and doucheist villain. Like this man erased Barry Allen's childhood friend from existence, killed Barry's dog, pushed Barry down the stairs and broke his arm when he was a kid, killed Iris West. He just really hates The Flash.

Zoom is basically a different version of Reverse Flash in the comics. Except he doesn't use super speed, he slows down time.

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019
We already have an AAA open world flash game, Death Stranding...
Edit: I thought you meant a recreation of a 'flash game' like qwop, hence the joke

Last edited:

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
WB needs to make games for a lot of heroes other than Batman. Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, even Green Lantern. Until they make a Superman game though (he is their other big IP) I don't see them trying Flash.

I do agree though, a Flash game could be fun.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
While I'd love to play this, the problem with a good speedster game is very little happens in a room with someone who can move that fast without their permission. There would have to be some kind of limiter on the power in terms of duration of usage, because otherwise the Flash shows up, switches to super-ultra speed, fixes everything, drops back to normal. Super-speed is seriously overpowered.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
WB, in general, needs to take advantage of the amount of superheroes that would work for a videogame.

I love Batman, but I'd be okay if they let it rest for a while and focus on other superheroes.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
I know people want a Superman game badly but I'd like to see Flash get one more. WB needs to get someone on a Flash game. Maybe WB Montreal is developing one?
Because in addition to Flash's super speed, Superman also possesses the ability to fly, see through walls, shoot laser beams from his eyes, and freeze things with his breath. Both would be OP, but Superman's moveset sounds like it'd be more fun and diverse at least.

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
How about an asynchronous multilayer game with a team of rogues attempting to either get away with a crime spree at multiple targets across Central City or trying to catch/stop The Flash by laying traps etc? One player is The Flash and he is as OP as you'd hope.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I would honestly prefer to play as the Rogues. Do all sorts of criminal capers while using each of their individual gadgets and tools.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Multiplayer Co-Op CW Flash game.

One person plays Flash, but none of his buttons work until the player playing as Iris tells him to do something.

Also, thugs can just slug you.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I imagine it would play like a normal third person action game, but you move at normal speed while everything else in the world moves in ultra slow motion lol.

Jan 9, 2018
Dude could you imagine a fleshed out aquaman game with flips and tricks and a lively underwater world with animals and npc that would be crazy