• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
they're nico-nico-nearing in on your location right now

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I somehow got a several minutes-long ban in the waypoint chat, but I'm pretty sure all I've typed is "bam" and "boom" to open those Twitch chests.

Anyway, good for them for being so close to $30K.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is this not a front page banner on the website? They really need to do something about that layout.

God. It doesn't show up at all if you hit Watch. The first mention of it on their homepage is a story below the fold called "Next Week, We're Streaming 72 Hours to Raise Money for The Florence Project."

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
God. It doesn't show up at all if you hit Watch. The first mention of it on their homepage is a story below the fold called "Next Week, We're Streaming 72 Hours to Raise Money for The Florence Project."
All the Vice site seem to use the same basic design template. Doesn't seem like there's much room for individual customisation other than the colours and logo.

lol @ Rob refusing to go to sleep.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Jason Koebler's Enter the Guneon run is legitimately amazing. I had no idea there was so much to this game.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Jason Koebler's Enter the Guneon run is legitimately amazing. I had no idea there was so much to this game.
Yeah I saw a bunch of new stuff in there I never saw before. I assume a lot of that had to be from the Advanced Gungeons & Draguns expansion thing, especially the Dragun with all the weaponry.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, I'd never actually seen Assassin's Creed's Discovery Mode before. I really appreciate how museum tour-like it is, walking you through these locations with specific paths and such.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Very nice haul.

I loved the streams, but a special shoutout to the chat which was consistently awesome. Waypoint's Twitch chat is the only Twitch chat I've encountered that is not only readable, but genuinely funny, clever, and fun to interact with. It reminds me a lot of Giant Bomb's chat at its absolute best (which it usually isn't) so I'm very impressed with the fanbase Waypoint has cultivated.

Y'all are good folks!

goblin

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations to Waypoint for raising so much money for a great cause. I've only watched a few hours (!) of the streams so far but they were great and reminded me how much I love Katamari Damacy. But the actual best part of the marathon so far is hearing that Austin has been playing The Missing.

I loved the streams, but a special shoutout to the chat which was consistently awesome. Waypoint's Twitch chat is the only Twitch chat I've encountered that is not only readable, but genuinely funny, clever, and fun to interact with. It reminds me a lot of Giant Bomb's chat at its absolute best (which it usually isn't) so I'm very impressed with the fanbase Waypoint has cultivated.

Yeah, Waypoint's just about the only time I pay attention to Twitch chat. I'm a bit bummed out about how many great PUBG and X-com chat reactions have been lost to the Youtube video archives.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
remember when idle thumbs did things on streams? they had a fun chat

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i have been finding it super easy to listen to just random thumbs on whatever since every ep has shownotes in the vid description

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
GameSpot only passed 11k with their 24 hour charity stream this year and they definitely have a bigger potential audience than Waypoint does so it's very impressive.
Waypoint's audience is super dedicated (and they have to be in order to find the stream- if you aren't following the site people on Twitter, your probably weren't finding this stream!), while Gamespot has to have the most non-engaged base out there.
When Gamespot was the "we review everything" website in the early-mid 00s, it made sense that they got so much traffic and were probably the first result in Google if you typed in "game name review". Now, I honestly don't understand how or why people end up at the site except out of memory

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Waypoint's audience is super dedicated (and they have to be in order to find the stream- if you aren't following the site people on Twitter, your probably weren't finding this stream!), while Gamespot has to have the most non-engaged base out there.
When Gamespot was the "we review everything" website in the early-mid 00s, it made sense that they got so much traffic and were probably the first result in Google if you typed in "game name review". Now, I honestly don't understand how or why people end up at the site except out of memory

There's a whole ton of games sites like Waypont can't or don't cover properly. Polygon is terrible at that too now despite have much more backing than Waypoint.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Aside from Gamespot and IGN are there even any gamesites left that have the staff to cover more or less everything?

Eurogamer perhaps?