Apr 24, 2019
It in the RSS feed and here: https://play.acast.com/s/vicegamingsnewpodcast/26033ad0-199f-4d73-9a32-aa4a4e5a73a3

I'll never understand why people use Spotify for podcasts...

Personally, I don't know that I would have gotten into podcasts if they hadn't shown up on Spotify. I lasted about a year on spotify before I moved to a dedicated podcast app, and I only made the move because there were multiple podcasts that I wanted to listen to that Spotify didn't have. It's a convenience thing, if you're already used to using Spotify for other audio, might as well do your podcasts there too.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
It in the RSS feed and here: https://play.acast.com/s/vicegamingsnewpodcast/26033ad0-199f-4d73-9a32-aa4a4e5a73a3

I'll never understand why people use Spotify for podcasts...
Available on multiple platforms
Play position syncs between multiple platforms
Ability to download file locally to your phone
Convenient if you already use Spotify as your main music app
Easy switching between devices in app e.g. Sonos One, PS4 etc.

There's plenty of reasons.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
God I can feel Rob (and Austin) straining to want to talk about Fire Emblem without having to watch his spoilers so badly lmao

(I actually ended up recording my own spoilercast with some fellow writers as well if you care to listen! Check it out!)

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I hate how good Austin is at selling me on literally any game he likes. I really want to play Remnant now.

Oct 27, 2017
Available on multiple platforms
Play position syncs between multiple platforms
Ability to download file locally to your phone
Convenient if you already use Spotify as your main music app
Easy switching between devices in app e.g. Sonos One, PS4 etc.

There's plenty of reasons.

Does it have playback speed control and does it remove silences? Those are the two most useful Pocket Casts features for me. Listen to a podcast without them and I find it genuinely jarring hahah, I was streaming an episode of Radio War Nerd over Patreon and there were so many silences between sentences while Pocket Casts seamlessly removes them.

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, that's quite the stretch considering he's now a gamerdad. I wonder if Patrick will ever complete a game longer than 60 hours until his kid gets to school age?
He's only like 25 hours into a 55+ hour game (minimum) and he's already getting bored of it. Considering how the things he likes about it will eventually run dry well before the game ends... yeah he's gonna bounce off.

Oct 27, 2017
Hard mode is still mostly easy pre-timeskip but it's tricky post-timeskip if you opted not to do optional battles like I did because then you're locked out of the mastery classes.

Oct 27, 2017
Doing Casual Golden Deers playthrough is a good way to see the game the first time. Doing Hard Black Eagles seems like ideal second playthrough material.... for very specific reasons. With all the knowledge of how to optimize the mechanics I feel it will be a more fun experience. Plus I'll be trying to recruit as many students as possible.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
I wish they just allowed people to upgrade the difficulty in 3H. Nintendo games in general are so strict in not letting people adjust their games on the fly, and they need to be called out on that.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

ECda_PUVUAYR4IO

Seems decent.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
on one hand i understand that letting you jump up to hard from a normal run would probably put you in an advatageous position. on the other hand, who cares, it's a single player game, let ppl do what they need to do. victory lap fire emblem sucks when it's the entire game.

bring back advance wars

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Is this Church in the Darkness article by Cameron Kunzelman a review or post-script? The article suggests it is a review, with "Review" in the image and a review card nestled within the article. But the very first thing you see when entering it is
Postscript is Cameron Kunzelman's weekly column about endings, apocalypses, deaths, bosses, and all sorts of other finalities.
and it's listed under 'columns' not reviews.

You need to make up your mind, Waypoint!

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Does it have playback speed control and does it remove silences? Those are the two most useful Pocket Casts features for me. Listen to a podcast without them and I find it genuinely jarring hahah, I was streaming an episode of Radio War Nerd over Patreon and there were so many silences between sentences while Pocket Casts seamlessly removes them.
It lets you change playback speed but it doesn't remove silences.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
on one hand i understand that letting you jump up to hard from a normal run would probably put you in an advatageous position. on the other hand, who cares, it's a single player game, let ppl do what they need to do. victory lap fire emblem sucks when it's the entire game.

bring back advance wars
I'm on the who cares side. Started a F1 2019 career on easy because I was really bad in the beginning but just a couple of races in and I'm just flying away to the point that I could just play time trials instead. Happy I could bump it up and I'll probably need to do it again later.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
They mentioned the Genesis Mini, and seemed pretty down on it, but seems to be rooted in Cado's childhood game console hangups, lol. Doesn't help that they thought Gunstar Heroes wasn't on there, when it is.

I am curious to hear Austin's thoughts on it, because I still have a preorder for the Mini, but I am not sure if I really have the budget for it anymore.

Looking forward to their Astral Chain review as well.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
I'm on the who cares side. Started a F1 2019 career on easy because I was really bad in the beginning but just a couple of races in and I'm just flying away to the point that I could just play time trials instead. Happy I could bump it up and I'll probably need to do it again later.

Yep.

Something like F1 2019, which let's you set about a dozen individual difficulty settings on a session-by-session basis, really shows up a lot of other games when it comes to letting the player have the experience they want.

I like to make Practice and Qualifying balls-hard with few Assists and no Rewinds to force myself to actually try to learn the track, then dial things back a little for the Race and allow Rewinds so I can have some fun racing the very entertaining AI.

A game locking you into a difficulty setting before you have even played it is bad. Just straight up bad.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's especially frustrating in FE's case cause it lets you turn it down, but not up. Feels really pointless in a single player game when there's 0 achievements or anything like that.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how I feel. I started on Hard and rage-changed the difficulty down to Normal in the early game. Now its piss easy and I'm consumed with regret.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017

I totally agree with this. It's annoying being able to one or two-shot enemies but still have levels last for ages due to the amount of enemies and potentially more spawning in.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Love Fire Emblem, but yeah, the time on battles and the overall difficulty wear you down.

Picked up Remnant based on Cado, Austin, and Brad's enthusiasm, and while some of the fights have felt a little cheap, I'm overall having a great time. The gun-feel really is excellent.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

I totally agree with this. It's annoying being able to one or two-shot enemies but still have levels last for ages due to the amount of enemies and potentially more spawning in.

It's rough to hear Rob say that. I'm playing on hard/ classic and having a blast. They seem to be otherwise enjoying it so it's sad to see their enthusiasm dampened by being stuck on baby mode.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Still working my through the podcast but I'm also struggling to keep up with FE due to the difficulty. It wasn't much of a bother in the first half of the game since I was really invested in the Monastery portion, sadly the game drops the ball with that in the second half so I have nothing to latch onto in order to stay interested.

Apr 24, 2019
Really? People really do get upset at any critisism. The take isn't even particularily hot, i've seen many players say the same thing. Fans and newcomers.

I think the title of the thread was "Reviewer complains game is too easy, plays on the easiest difficulty" which is just, ugh. Complaints about reviewers rushing through games, stuff like that.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Still working my through the podcast but I'm also struggling to keep up with FE due to the difficulty. It wasn't much of a bother in the first half of the game since I was really invested in the Monastery portion, sadly the game drops the ball with that in the second half so I have nothing to latch onto in order to stay interested.
I actually thought difficulty was way better during the second half. I had recruited plenty of students from other houses during the first half and wanted them all to be on a similar level so I often switched them out and I was consistently like 4 levels below the recommended level on each mission. I didn't grind much either, just did paralogues and quests other than the main missions. I found the latter half missions and specially the paralogues way more interesting than the first half.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
Just found out today that Waypoint has a Community here on Era, nice to see that the OT is also pretty active. I've been listening to the podcast since last year and it quickly became one of my favorites about gaming, just can't get enough of it lol

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, I finally got into the podcast since the whole KH thing they did.
It is a good listen after I dropped a bunch of other podcasts.

OP
OP
Mezentine

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Just found out today that Waypoint has a Community here on Era, nice to see that the OT is also pretty active. I've been listening to the podcast since last year and it quickly became one of my favorites about gaming, just can't get enough of it lol
I'm not sure how exactly but the thread got super active like...four weeks ago haha

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Top 3 reasons for a surge in interest in Waypoint/Vice Games:
1. Eva
2. FE3H
3. Podcast no longer grouped with "Art & Design" on all podcast apps.

(Don't sleep on #3)

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously doubt the people who come to this thread would be affected by no.3 lol.

Also my impression has been that Eva fans hated the eva discussion lol.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Austin, officially announce a three houses spoilercast

then Patrick and Rob will be forced to finish it

you have the power