• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yesterday i was looking at my backlog and i wasn't in a mood to start new game so i decided to go and finish rest of the side missions and DLCs in Watch_Dogs 2, visiting sunny California wasn't bad idea while this whole house isolation is in effect :D And as soon as i booted the game i remembered how much i liked spending time in that world. In my opinion Watch_Dogs 2 is best Ubisoft game since Black Flag.

Map is not too big and filled with beautiful locations and you don't feel copy/paste job like you do in some of their recent games (AC Odyssey for example). And it is designed really well gameplay wise. You get a lot of freedom how to do thins with tools you have. And on top of that game is visually amazing

TtICmMe.png

tX2r6Tg.png

3tnpKXc.jpg

zF6X24E.png

c7mJQlk.png

ZKmGGC5.png

FWlzyex.png

There are some amazing art pieces in game too, like that one in the background.

3NoKxtB.png

And on top of that game features great cast of characters with really good voice acting and ok story. Marcus is one of the best characters Ubisoft created. I also love mission variety that game has to offer. And overall i like tone of the game and atmosphere in the city. It really is joy to play this game.

Then i look at Watch Dogs Legion and while they went after something interesting with any option to play with any NPC they also removed many things that made WD2 special. They went with darker atmosphere, no main characters just randomly generated ones, more violence...

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
I enjoyed the campaign. I honestly felt like it would've been a solid liner game vs an open world.

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Watch Dogs 2 is up there in the top games of the generation for me. I loved the gameplay, the writing, the setting, and especially the OST. Truly a fantastic game.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Beautiful screenshots. Might try this, but the 'quirky, nerdy and funny' approach to the story and characters always discouraged me so far.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
It really is, the NPC behaviour in this game is honestly unmatched and does so much to make the game world feel alive. Game doesn't get enough credit in this department tbh.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
It looks good, that I won't deny. But the story and game mechanics were so boring I dropped it after a few missions. I still prefer the first one.

Oct 27, 2017
I generally enjoyed it, but some of the supporting characters really bristled (one in particular), to the point where it lost a lot of the goodwill I had whenever they were on screen.

Also, the sound mixing was totally broken for me on the PC version, with a bunch of sound effects (and the music) being incredible low to the point of being inaudible, and others being incredibly loud. I couldn't hear the engine of the cars at all but I could hear the super-loud creak of the suspension when I went round a corner.

But in spite all that, it's just such a pleasant game to play.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
its so good in some aspects, which makes the gameplay downgrades from 1 so frustrating.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Was definitely a bummer to see that WD3 moved away from being a direct sequel so I've lost nearly all of my interest in it. Hope they revisit WD2 someday.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
The combat mechanics were terrible and the open world design of San Fran was the biggest strength in the game so I'm not sure now you came to that conclusion.
Wouldn't really change anything about the campaign.

The standard "get to point A to start mission" that opens worlds suffer from. Felt more of a burden than adding anything to the over all game. I enjoyed the characters and some of the more focused missions.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This is one of the rare open world games where pretty much everything is fun! The main missions, the side activities... It's great to experiment with the gadgets, it's like the anti-GTA in that you still cause mayhem but without firing a single bullet... and I had more fun doing so. Never touched the guns.

Amazing game, surprised me a lot.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
I've finished everything, but I still go back every so often just to run and around and mess with things. Whoever picked the songs for the soundtrack needs to do it for every game, cause I'm still not tired of the music even after all this time.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
WD1 had great atmosphere but WD2 had that too and better designed city where you actually could parkour. Also you can do this in WD2 XD

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A wonderful, beautiful world. Invading other people is a hoot too. Such a big step up from WD1 in every way.

Oct 24, 2019
Both games are underrated.

Watch Dogs is one of my favorite Ubi franchises behind AC and FC. Gods and Monsters might bump it down a spot or two though depending on how that turns out

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Picked this up as my free game during a B2G1 sale a while back. I liked the first one OK enough, but this was so, so much better. The full embrace of the cheesy story and cast was pretty solid. Underrated? Nah, but this game was almost great.

Exist 2 Inspire