YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Power energy in Europe costs so much you probably will spend less purchasing the skin than watching Twich for six hours.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's 6 hours over the course of nine and a half days.
Yeah, I can read dude. It's still too much.

I feel like any time I see you in a thread you're arguing with people about things just for the sake of doing it. It's okay for people to express their dislike for something.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
It's over the course of nine and a half days. It doesn't have to be in one sitting.

You literally just open up a tab and let it run in the background if you don't actually care about watching lol. Not a big deal whatsoever.
I'm aware of the time window and that you don't have to actually be paying attention, and I stand by my comment.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think the mute thing has to do with the player pausing the stream while its in the background. Best strategy is put it on 160p and mute the tab.

Larger geometry changes to the character are legendary skins. Epics are mainly texture changes with occasional geometry changes.

Also make sure your battle.net is still connected to twitch since they change some things.

Regardless of whether you play on console or PC, all players must re-link their Twitch and Battle.net accounts to be eligible for Overwatch 2 Twitch Drops, even if you've participated in Twitch Drops in the past.

How does one 're-link' their accounts? If you see a valid link there on your battle.net connection page do you have to unlink and then wait the 7 days to link again?

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Yes cause that user was clearly talking about it in context of spending money on the game's shop.

Does that matter? Blizzard is gaining something from you having your tab open for 6 hrs. The price for that skin is small compared to what they are getting from you boasting twitch numbers and marketing for the game.

You are comparing if 6 hrs of watching ow is worth $20 for a skin. How is that free?

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Does that matter? Blizzard is gaining something from you having your tab open for 6 hrs. The price for that skin is small compared to what they are getting from you boasting twitch numbers and marketing for the game.

You are comparing if 6 hrs of watching ow is worth $20 for a skin. How is that free?
Does it matter? You're arbitrarily drawing a line at 6 hours. If it was just a page you went to to hit a button, you'd still be saying it's not free.

Oct 27, 2017

You know people watch other people play games for fun right?

Blizzard is now just paying you to do so with a 20 eur skin.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still surprised other games don't adopt this model. At best it's like "Here's a QR Code you can scan and get rewards in your game" or something, you'd think someone like Warner Bros. for example would have a "Watch Multiversus Streams to get a Shaggy Skin" more often, I guess they did it for the beta access. Just surprised it's not used more often.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
You don't even need to be watching it. Have it muted in another tab during your regular web browsing or while watching OTHER content. Have it muted in a tab while playing a game. There are plenty of ways to passively earn Twitch rewards it's a total non-issue. Not just for OW but for other games/perks too.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'll just stick it on my tablet that's on the charger and forget about it until later. Nice to have an extra skin besides the default for a new character.

If that's the case, then I guess playing OW2 for free is not actually free because Blizzard is gaining something from it. Yeah, no.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I'll be grabbing the skin but the weapon charm and spray don't seem to be worth the effort unless you normally watch anyways.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018

View: https://twitter.com/OverwatchCaval/status/1575911334272811024?s=20&t=RbSwHJW1pbNT401Bx0TuBg

I'll try to bump the thread when it starts for anyone that needs a reminder.
For those unsure how this works, you'll need a Twitch Account that is attached to your Blizzard Account.
Then you just find Overwatch 2 streams that are "Drop Enabled" and after the viewing amount, you'll unlock it (Even if you jump from Streamer to Streamer).

If you're like me, you'll just fine a streamer and leave your stream idle. As long as you don't fully mute the video the time will count (I have been doing similar for Halo drops). Apparently, you can mute streams and still get drops. Just keep an eye on how the challenge is tracking. To be safe, I would just say mute the tab and not the player itself.

Active Twitch Drop Campaigns can be found here:
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

I just wanted to point out that the Twitch drops ONLY works on PC and mobile, but NOT consoles and streaming devices:

Screenshot-20221005-162932-Brave.jpg