• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
I was having a great time with it for the first few hours shortly after launch. Then I gifted my second kickstarter copy to a friend so we could play coop. And then the game started shitting itself every 5 minutes (and this was on PC even). After losing about an hour's worth of progress for the third time because of another loading area bug we both agreed to drop it until the game was in a more playable state. That was back in September. I'm hoping it's made progress since then, but I've been too busy playing other stuff to hop back in just yet. I almost certainly will, though. I loved WL2 even though I never finished it, and was similarly really enjoying the content of this one too of what I saw.

The reviews left me not wanting to play it. It looked like a generic Xcom clone.

Plus I'm just a bit exhausted from post-apoc.

Literally the only thing this and XCOM have in common is that they both have grid-based combat mechanics. They're otherwise completely different. WL3 is a story/dialogue-driven open-world RPG, whereas XCOM is a mission-based rogue-like with a base management sim. Not to bash XCOM, but the writing in this is far better.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I recently started this on my XSX thanks to Game Pass. I'm hooked, it's such a great game. I've had some minor performance issues but nothing that detracts from the game. Biggest issue so far was just one freeze but nothing beyond that. So I'm hoping I don't encounter anything game breaking.

But yeah, great game. It's gotten me interested in similar titles. Oddly enough I have a love/hate relationship with turned based like this. I'm absolutely dogshit at them but enjoy playing them still.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
But yeah, great game. It's gotten me interested in similar titles. Oddly enough I have a love/hate relationship with turned based like this. I'm absolutely dogshit at them but enjoy playing them still.

Wasteland 3 felt generous enough to a point the game gets even too easy for the mid to end part and nothing can really put a challenge against you
Still had lots of fun with the combat system and some self imposed challenges though

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I got to the video game museum and there is a tribute to Gamergate darling TotalBiscuit where he is praised as a "defender of the little guy". I take that to mean that he was defending the "little guy" from LGBTQ and women being involved in the gaming industry.

The devs get some serious side eye from me.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Was my GOTY for 2020, even with bugs and all. InXile storytelling is on another level.

This is how RPGs should be done. I'm so hyped for their next project under MS.

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Wanted to try this, thanks for the reminder ! Anyone knows if it plays fine on PS5 ? I remember some comments about long loading times, hopefully its not occuring with the SSD ?

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
It is good but there is a ton of bugs and they never patched them. Finished in November and had tons of bugs on PC version.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I played it at launch on PC, and I loved it OP, it definitely goes on my top 5 of the year (Alongside TLOU2, Yakuza 7, FF7 and Alyx). I need to replay it whenever I'm done with all of the new stuff I'm playing

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Literally the only thing this and XCOM have in common is that they both have grid-based combat mechanics. They're otherwise completely different. WL3 is a story/dialogue-driven open-world RPG, whereas XCOM is a mission-based rogue-like with a base management sim. Not to bash XCOM, but the writing in this is far better.

Interesting, thanks for letting me know. I may try it out in the future knowing it's not just like Xcom.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had basically zero bugs for me on PC at launch.

Only problem was long load times and that has been fixed.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Yeah, it was a great game and I played it a couple months ago so I figured most of the bugs were cleared out and I never faced any game breaking or annoying bugs...... But by the final act I grew a bit bored of it and uninstalled it .... Not a huge issue, but I had a ton of fun playing through it .... Although I did think the choice / consequence for some of the missions did seem a bit shallow or never did change your outcome on the world.

Cant wait to see what they planned next.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
After the first hour I lost my interest, the writing didn't help neither, average game imo.

I played on PC and didn't encounter any bugs or performance issues, it run perfectly, so maybe the bugs are only present on consoles? i don't know.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I've heard it's great, but the bugs and tech issues have scared me off. Also Game Pass on PC is a huge piece of shit so I'll wait for it to drop to under $30 or so on Steam.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Absolutely fantastic RPG experience that takes 'playing a role' very seriously. Good combat, too.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Good game and would recommend it now that it seems to be in a better state compared to launch. Wouldn't plac it anywhere near the years great games though. Had to many bugs to deal with including having to go back to a save 15 hours prior at one point.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I haven't given much thought to my year-end list for videogames yet, but WL3 is a lock for the top 5. Huge step up over the previous game. Hoping to run it in multiplayer sometime next year.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I really enjoyed it - bugs and all. They've continued to patch it (and there were plenty of bugs - different ones - on all platforms), so I will probably go back to finish the last 1/3 of the game. But yea, it was super fun and well-crafted. The music in particular is stunning.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I had a ton of fun with the game. I never fully completed Wasteland 2, but 3 kept me hooked much better. I played it through prior to any major patches, which was annoying because I ran into a couple particularly frustrating bugs, but still had a good time.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
I really liked it, but couldn't finish the game on because of a game breaking bug.

so I restarted and the same thing happened, I got frustrated and quit.

If they ever fix it, I will most likely replay it, or wait till I get a series x.

very fun game when it works.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How similar is this to Wasteland 2? Being a fan of 2d Fallout, I thought I would love that game but it didn't click for some reason.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I loved it. Definitely the best spiritual successor to Fallout 1/2 for me. Can't wait to see what will inXile do next.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
I want to try this but I literally can't get pass the character creation screen lol. It's like I spend so much time researching trying to decide how I want to build my characters and what's the best set up and I spend like 30 minutes to an hour and then I just turn it off and never come back. I have done this 3 times since it launched on Gamepass PC, I am off for like 3 weeks of work so maybe I will be able to commit to the game this time.

Oct 29, 2017
Playing through it right now on Series S and it's one of the best CRPGS I've played, but man is the game buggy. It hard crashes atleast once every play session I've had, thats once every two hours. Numerous other bugs, mostly small stuff.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Me and my partner were so excited about it since we love the divinity series and think they're some of the best long-form co-op games you can buy. So we were excited to hear Wasteland 3 was going to have co-op too only to later find out it wasn't local co-op (despite there really being no reason for it not to be) so we just took it off our list entirely. If they ever patch that in I'd buy it immediately.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
Would love to check it out, but would also love for it to get PS5/Series X version, with updated graphics. What I saw of console footage looked OK, but those high res textures on PC certainly look much nicer.

SGRX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of things I liked about the game, but the bugs and long load times made me stop playing. I'll come back to it if/when it's in a better state.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Echo many here. I adore it. But I hit gamebreaking crashes (X1X) about ten hours in and it lost me. I hope to go back to it at a later date and play it fully.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have GamePass on PC. I'm afraid to start a big RPG on GP though since it could disappear.
I wonder if Wasteland 3 will get the first-party treatment of always being on GP since they bought the dev out. Do we think it's safe to assume it will?

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
Once the game is properly patched, I'd love to tackle it again. My friend and I were really enjoying ourselves before the game told us our saves were no good.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
For all the fuss regarding Cyberpunk and refunds, if I had been able to get a refund on one game this year I wish it could have been this. I adored what I played but it was so buggy and broken that me and my sister had to give up two thirds into our run as we literally couldn't progress further. We tried both the gamepass and steam version and they were both a mess. We might try again in a year once they have ironed out the kinks.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Loved my time with it. It's a great follow-up to Wasteland 2, and I loved how they continue to expand the setting, first with California and now with post-apocalyptic Colorado. Visuals got a nice boost, and the OST of the game is just amazing.

I hope inXile can revisit this franchise once again, now they are working with Microsoft and budget is less of an issue. Of course, I'm not sure whether inXile is still interested in smaller games like this, or even if Microsoft would want them working on such games.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
I'm still working my way through it, but am loving it so far. I started on the One X, which was a bit rough, with crazy long load times and framerate issues, but it's definitely a faster and smoother experience on the SX.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
It's an excellent game but way too buggy. I stopped playing after 8+hours. I plan to revisit it once there is a series X patch.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The reviews left me not wanting to play it. It looked like a generic Xcom clone.

Plus I'm just a bit exhausted from post-apoc.

The only way this makes any sense is if you looked at one picture of combat for about a half-second, read none of the review, and were already predisposed to think it was an X-Com clone and just wanted something to fit your bias.

So if that was the case, yes, it was an X-Com clone.

gyrspike

Jan 18, 2018
Played it at launch. It was alright. Though hopefully like they did with Wasteland 2, they go back and put out a reworked/directors cut edition as the game still has some big issues.

Honestly I ended up replaying Wasteland 2:DC and feel it's the better experience currently.

Infi

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't bother getting this at launch because of all the people complaining about bugs but the game looks interesting.

How is the PC version now? Have most of the bugs been sorted or should I wait a while to get it?

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think it's partly that the genre isn't super popular. I look forward to an RPG from them with real time combat and best of all not having top down graphics/environments. I have a hard time getting immersed in those worlds.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
I downloaded it on PC but haven't played because I heard it's pretty buggy. Have the bugs been ironed out? Is it more buggy on pc or consoles? I can play on xsx or pc

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasteland 3 is my GOTY.

Great writing.
Great visuals.
Great RPG elements and progression.
Great Tactical combat.
Great soundtrack.
Great gameplay.

The biggest flaw at launch were the load times (now fixed) and supposedly it was quite buggy though I had minimal issues myself.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Don't look at me, I backed it on Fig back in the day, even after getting burned a little bit by both Wasteland 2 and Torment 2.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Serviceable but a slog to playthrough.
I made it to Aspen and sidelined the game for more interesting titles.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
It's a real shame that it seems to be the only recent MS first party game without a next gen patch.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully inXile will keep bringing us inXile kind of TBC RPG with multiplayer now that they are part of microsoft..

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
The only way this makes any sense is if you looked at one picture of combat for about a half-second, read none of the review, and were already predisposed to think it was an X-Com clone and just wanted something to fit your bias.

So if that was the case, yes, it was an X-Com clone.

The 4-minute youtube review I watched at its release certainly was sparse.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
It's fantastic, but after I lost one of my companions permanently due to a bug, I stopped playing in annoyance and never went back. Maybe I should...