bshark

Banned
Jun 25, 2018
EqV5zGPW4AIj6JO

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
He only bought 1 car and his dream car. How's he Foolish? Working hard and finally able to get your dream car without breaking your bank or being broke?

HE stated it's not wise to buy but I'll be damn if I bust my ass to get to where he got and not buy my self my dream car

He got like 20 million 4 years, 13.5 million in signing bonus ( guarantee).

He will be alright.

Because he spent 250k on a car and didnt bother to put time into his job and purposefully acted like a fuckhead, which is why he he was cut

Duck Sauce

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
United States
This guy was worse than Heath Schuler. This guy doesn't even belong in the NFL. He basically sabotaged my team single handily. I'm so angry at what I watched yesterday and the game before.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Not seeing the issue here.
He recieved 14.1 million in guaranteed money with his contract. The whole video started with him speaking about savings and investments before any other money was spent. The car seems like a lot but 250k isn't that bad considering how much money he made. Almost everyone here spends a MUCH higher percentage of their earnings on a car than he did, but no one complains about that. The house for his mom is an asset that appreciates.

He'll be fine

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Folks going to start having a goon just to take phones

I mean, I can't be mad. Obviously we can go to the 'Maybe stay home during a pandemic?' but it would be best. Kinda can't hide in a club if the DJ is probably announcing your in the house, in addition to people just noticing and gossiping.

I remember years ago I went to a strip club and they confiscated phones tho, it wasn't even that shady of a spot but you figure for everyone involved it's probably safer, lol.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Not seeing the issue here.
He recieved 14.1 million in guaranteed money with his contract. The whole video started with him speaking about savings and investments before any other money was spent. The car seems like a lot but 250k isn't that bad considering how much money he made. Almost everyone here spends a MUCH higher percentage of their earnings on a car than he did, but no one complains about that. The house for his mom is an asset that appreciates.

He'll be fine
I think so too. My thing is that I hope he didn't get use to spending that much as many think this will the last type of contract he ever sees.

I just remembered that video and it reminded, oh well, I hope he's still following the plan!

jml

Mar 9, 2018
He only bought 1 car and his dream car. How's he It foolish working hard and finally able to get your dream car without breaking your bank or being broke?

HE stated it's not wise to buy but I'll be damn if I bust my ass to get to where he got and not buy my self my dream car

He got like 20 million 4 years, 13.5 million in signing bonus ( guarantee).

He will be alright.
How many documentaries have there been about former pro athletes who haven't been alright despite making millions during their playing days? He needs to get his head screwed on straight quickly or he's gonna end up like that.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Because he spent 250k on a car and didnt bother to put time into his job and purposefully acted like a fuckhead, which is why he he was cut
Again he bought a car after being drafted securing some money in his savings and rewarding himself with whatever that was left.

If his dream car was cost 50k or even 15k etc will he be dumb buying it?

Million finance cars every year and don't even make anywhere his salary or have money to buy outright.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda off topic, but why the Washington Football Team doesn't have a name yet? I understand that the previous one was racist as fuck, but in all the time that they were discussing about changing the name or not couldn't they came out with a new one?

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
Again he bought a car after being drafted securing some money in his savings and rewarding himself with whatever that was left.

If his dream car was cost 50k or even 15k etc will he be dumb buying it?

Million finance cars every year and don't even make anywhere his salary or have money to buy outright.

250k is 3x more than 50k and a significant portion of his earnings. The NFL has a big problem with their players going broke because they blow too much money. It was a dumb purchase for a rookie.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thank goodness he was cut. As a Washington fan, I had to sit through his play, and it was a nightmare to watch.

Whatever team that might pick him up, they have a developmental project on their hands. It's not just that Haskins is bad at reading defenses, most 1st and 2nd year QBs have a learning curve... But Haskins' fundamentals aren't even developed yet. His footwork is atrocious, he is throws off the back of his foot or doesn't follow through, resulting in him missing wide open people. He'll just miss people constantly for no reason, would drive me crazy. And this is ignoring all of the other non-game stuff he does.

Not saying it's impossible for him to turn it around, but Haskins would be a significant project in getting him up to speed.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
How many documentaries have there been about former pro athletes who haven't been alright despite making millions during their playing days? He needs to get his head screwed on straight quickly or he's gonna end up like that.
Same can be said how many lottery winners end up go broke?

Give me a break and I've actually seen a few and like 99% of them didn't even have any financial adviser nor couldn't even say no to leechers

I watched the video, dude seemed above average when it comes to money management.

Not only does he have a financial adviser, looks like his following some of their advise to avoid being broke.

By having multiple bank accounts for purpose of retirement, investing, savings, and spending . He saved 70% of his singing bonus check. Learning to say NO to friends and family and people in general asking him for stuff( One of the fastest way to go broke)

How many of does docs u watched that they went broke had any financial adviser and if they did, followed through the plan?

Last edited:

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda off topic, but why the Washington Football Team doesn't have a name yet? I understand that the previous one was racist as fuck, but in all the time that they were discussing about changing the name or not couldn't they came out with a new one?
Because these things take time. They only rushed it because they were losing sponsors--money. The WFT moniker is just a placeholder.

You need to talk to design firms, go through committees, management has veto power, etc. Then there's legal stuff like trademarks. It's not an overnight thing.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
Is always weird seeing people who don't know a player talk about how the player should have done x and y.

www.si.com

Ex-Captain Haskins' $40K 'Strip-Club' Visit: Inside The WFT Repercussions

Ron Rivera made a ton of news on Wednesday afternoon after the first practice of the week as his new team prepares for his old, the Carolina Panthers. Come inside for the repercussions of what has become a $40,000 'strip-club' visit for now ex-captain Dwayne Haskins

deadspin.com

Dwayne Haskins caught maskless with strippers, future deservedly in jeopardy [Updated]

So apparently, Washington Football Team quarterback Dwayne Haskins likes strippers more than his career. After losing to the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday, Haskins decided to party it up ā€” maskless ā€” with some ladies at a local jiggle joint.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Same can be said how many lottery winners end up go broke?

Give me a break and I've actually seen a few and like 99% of them didn't even have any financial adviser nor couldn't even say no to leechers

I watched the video dude seemed above average when it comes to money management.

Not only does he have a financial adviser, looks like his following some of their advise to avoid being broke.

By having multiple accounts bank accounts for purpose of retirement, investing, savings, and spending . He saved 70% of his singing bonus check. learning to NO to friends and family.

How many of does docs u watched that they went broke had any financial adviser and if they did followed through the plan?
From what I read it's actually not just having a financial adviser.

Because just having a financial adviser makes these dudes go on autopilot and not watch their money. They also outsource those habits and such never build sound habits on their own.

This guy does a good breakdown:

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
So why are they playing professional football ? In which like dozens of players get coronavirus every week. like you can't really use the global pandemic when talking about the NFL LOL

Yes you can because you are supposed to follow protocols to not endanger your teammates and your Cancer survivor coach. Stop arguing in bad faith.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes you can because you are supposed to follow protocols to not endanger your teammates and your Cancer survivor coach. Stop arguing in bad faith.
I mean you're the one who brought up global pandemic when talking about sports league in which dozens get coronavirus every week. Almost as if playing the NFL during a pandemic is not a good idea.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Damn....I can't believe I was clamoring for the Giants to draft him.....

What a dumb move....but I'm sure he'll at least be a backup somewhere.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Fucking loser and good riddance, fact is if he was actually a good qb, they'd hand wave this shit but you can't be fucking useless on and off the field.

he'll get another shot though, isn't Nathan peterman still a backup somewhere?

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Thank goodness he was cut. As a Washington fan, I had to sit through his play, and it was a nightmare to watch.

Whatever team that might pick him up, they have a developmental project on their hands. It's not that Haskins is bad at reading defenses, most 1st and 2nd year QBs have a learning curve... But Haskins' fundamentals aren't even developed yet. His footwork is atrocious, he is throws off the back of his foot or doesn't follow through, resulting in him missing wide open people. He'll just miss people constantly for no reason, would drive me crazy. And this is ignoring all of the other non-game stuff he does.

Not saying it's impossible for him to turn it around, but Haskins would be a significant project in getting him up to speed.
Yeah. To me it sounds like he wasn't putting the work to get better. Watching him I think he actually regressed consistently from college. He will almost certainly get a shot from someone in the pre-season, but his ability to stay in the NFL is rather precarious.

He blew a big opportunity. He needs to start working on changing things immediately. Even after losing his starting job, he had a chance to study a quality QB in Alex Smith who is on his third or fourth NFL comeback. That's big right there.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So why are they playing professional football ? In which like dozens of players get coronavirus every week. like you can't really use the global pandemic when talking about the NFL LOL
Starting QB is supposed to be team leader and is the most important player. Not partying maskless in a strip club while in a playoff race during a deadly pandemic is the absolute floor of expected behavior lol.

Oct 22, 2020
Best bet for Haskins is to move back to Columbus.

There's a massive community of former OSU FB players who come back to Cbus and bank off their past Buckeye glory. It's pretty sad, but it seems to work out well for many of them.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Another Ohio State QB that ends up being a bust. How shocking.

All I heard during the draft was "he threw for 50 TDs" with Stephen A acting like he was going to be a superstar QB. And while his draft counter part Daniel Jones isn't much better, he's undoubtedly better than Haskins.

Then the partying and lack of commitment to the team just makes him seem like Jamarcus 2.0. He just loves the money and fame without wanting to do the work required for it.

Last edited:

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The dude got released before Paxton Lynch, Johnny Manziel, Josh Rosen and Brandon Weeden did with their pathetic careers. He's done.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I mean you're the one who brought up global pandemic when talking about sports league in which dozens get coronavirus every week. Almost as if playing the NFL during a pandemic is not a good idea.
Take off the šŸ¤”šŸ‘Ÿ, please. Your line of reasoning is absurd and you're smart enough to know that. Don't waste people's time arguing for argument's sake because you're bored.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Hopefully he learns from this if he gets a 2nd chance somewhere. Nothing is given in the nfl. Even Wentz got benched and lost his job and he has a massive contract.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising to see. I don't think he'll get another shot after this. Not only did he fuck this opportunity up but he's also a black QB which is already a knock in this racist league.